Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    no it's not, his legacy is already set
    he was a prime beast at lower weights, then a bitch as a superstar
    has nothing to do with potential GOAT status, he's nowhere close
    So he is a ***** for fighting delahoya (who is a hall of famer )for the biggest payday of his life at the time? 25million and 154 title

A ***** for fighting an undefeated Hatton (who will go to the hall of fame one day) and making 20 million

A ***** for fighting Marquez (who is a future hall of famer) for 30 million

A ***** for fighting Mosley (who is a future hall of famer) for 40million after he fought Margarito

A ***** for fighting Ortiz (who just beat berto) for 40 million and the title

A ***** for fighting Cotto (who is a future hall of famer) for 40 million and the 154 title

Ask any past,present, or future so called all time great.....and i bet they would have all done the same thing.

Floyd would have been dumb as hell to past that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      Yes you are obviously slow as you already replied to the post in which I named some top fighters Floyd never fought and you came back with some infantile talk of me being a hater and saying Floyd didn't duck blah blah. Lol child.
      So basically you're a Mayweather hate because the politics of the game didn't allow you to see Mayweather face all the fighters you wanted him to face when you wanted him to face them? That's a rather selfish close minded way to think if you ask me, but that's what being a hater is all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        Ok. I'm going to stop you right there. Gambler isn't a nuthugger. He's a fan of current boxing pure and simple and simply doesn't care about fighters who are no longer active. Once a fighter is in the past he no longer matters to him. While I don't agree with that perspective it is what is and it doesn't make him a nuthugger. Mayweather is the best fighter right now and that's all that really matters to Gambler.

Oh, and btw, skills ***** athleticism in practically every sport other than track and field and this is especially true in boxing so that earlier assertion of yours is just flat out wrong.

Poet
        I do care a bit about history but mainly because "those that do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it".

You are right though my main focus is on the here and now and the future. The past is interesting and rich in boxing but I find it much more interesting to try and figure out what will happen, than talk about what has happened that has been discussed many times before.

Plus there are plenty of people who know just as much or more than me about the past, so I try to bring something a bit different.
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 08-04-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
          So he is a ***** for fighting delahoya (who is a hall of famer )for the biggest payday of his life at the time? 25million and 154 title

A ***** for fighting an undefeated Hatton (who will go to the hall of fame one day) and making 20 million

A ***** for fighting Marquez (who is a future hall of famer) for 30 million

A ***** for fighting Mosley (who is a future hall of famer) for 40million after he fought Margarito

A ***** for fighting Ortiz (who just beat berto) for 40 million and the title

A ***** for fighting Cotto (who is a future hall of famer) for 40 million and the 154 title

Ask any past,present, or future so called all time great.....and i bet they would have all done the same thing.

Floyd would have been dumb as hell to past that up.
          This is not a debate about money it's a debate about greatness and that run of opponents does little to suggest Floyd should be ranked anywhere near an ATG list.

Comment

Yes you are obviously slow as you already replied to the post in which I named some top fighters Floyd never fought and you came back with some infantile talk of me being a hater and saying Floyd didn't duck blah blah. Lol child.
            Not slow...just thought your list was garbage.

I was tyring to give you a chance to state facts and show me the list of fighters that Floyd really ducked or should have fought.

It takes two to tango so you must ask yourself this.....Why didn't those guys fight Floyd?

Are their legacy secure without Floyd on their resume?

It seems to me that you are blaming floyd for the fights not happening.
            Stop with the BS.

You are a hater...

Every fighter in the history of the sport has a few guys that they should have fought but never did.

Why hold Floyd to that standard but not other fighters?
            Hater like I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              So basically you're a Mayweather hate because the politics of the game didn't allow you to see Mayweather face all the fighters you wanted him to face when you wanted him to face them? That's a rather selfish close minded way to think if you ask me, but that's what being a hater is all about.
              I'm a heter because Floyd didn't fight the best opponents of his era? I Have not said Floyd ducked anyone or visa versa but for whatever reason these fights did not happen so you can't credit Floyd for fighting the best of his era when he didn't.

To many people willing to give Floyd credit for fights he never fought simply because they think he would have won anyway.

Comment

• So this thread was made based over opinions that you don't agree with but a thread that has been made many times?

Comment

This is not a debate about money it's a debate about greatness and that run of opponents does little to suggest Floyd should be ranked anywhere near an ATG list.
                  See your wrong.....Ask any fighter past, present, and future
                  Ask any manager past ,present and future
                  Ask any promoter, sponsors, networks, etc past, present, and future and you will hear the same thing.

Money is the main reason these guys do it.
                  You sound crazy with all that greatness crap.

You think an old, slow, way past his prime Ali fought Holmes because he wanted to prove he was still the greatest?

No....it was the 8million don king put in Ali bank that made that fight.

Why does every fighter out there want to fight Mayweather or Pacquiao?
                  $$$$$$$$$$$$...thats your answer.

Comment

• lol its fun to see TS getting more mad and insulting people each time he's getting own in this thread.

BTW this thread is a fail attempt at looking objective, we all know you hate Floyd

Comment

• Tbh people will remember Mayweather as a ducker of Pacquiao if he retires without fighting him. People will think this regardless of their boxing knowledge. The media, along with Bob Arum made it seem the ducking was 100% by Mayweather despite both of them constantly throwing out excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X