No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Waits on Confirmation of 4th Pacquiao Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    AT what point does manny say "enough of this bull****" and accept the 60/40 split? JMM can't get this fight if manny doesn't ok it. There is NO reason for a 4th fight.
    Was there really an offer like that? I keep seeing 60/40 get thrown in these kind of discussion, but I've never seen a source where Floyd offered 60/40 to Pac. Just the 40M flat fee and 0 PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      I think they'll wait at least two or three days after Floyd gets out to announce Manny's next fight just so they can say, "We reached out to Mayweather, but he doesn't want to fight." SSDD.
      I would actually prefer that they each get a tune up fight first before they face each other. (If they ever fight)

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        I think they'll wait at least two or three days after Floyd gets out to announce Manny's next fight just so they can say, "We reached out to Mayweather, but he doesn't want to fight." SSDD.
        Why? Why does it have to be Arum or Paq initializing the talks? Are you saying Floyd is really not interested in beating Paq and prove he's the best? If he's not interested, then he must be scared of Paq. It's simple as that. Why make it complicated? Everyone fought Paq except Floyd.

Floyd will only fight Paq if he earns $200 million. What a joke.

Comment

• Okay, I'll end the suspense. It was 40 Mill flat and no PPV that Mayweather offered. He did it without consulting Arum because he was hoping Pac would break the ties and do it on his own. That would mean Arum could sue Pac, maybe even place an injunction against the fight. Mayweather was grabbing at straws unless he thought Pac would take the heat from Arum or would go back to Arum with the offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            This is an unhealthy obsession Mr. Marquez has. How bout you earn another bout instead of fighting a guy like Likar Ramos again? It was a close fight, you were valiant in defeat but let it go already señor.
            This fight is not being discussed because Marquez is demanding it, it's being discussed because Bob Arum knows that J.M.M. has a huge following and that another fight with him would do just as well, probably even better, than a rematch with Bradley. I agree though. I don't want to see a 4th fight. It's pointless overkill. Let's see the Bradley rematch and Marquez against somebody else and if they both win, maybe then do a 4th fight. Even then I wouldn't really want to see it because I simply don't believe that Marquez would get a fair shake. They robbed him twice already.

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            Sad but true. They made Manny a star by attaching his name to Floyd's and I expect it to continue until he retires. Bob "I Have No Soul" Arum will continue to use Floyd's name to try to make Manny more popular while contuning to do everything he can to prevent the fight from happening.
            Last edited by JK1700; 08-01-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• To me, there is only ONE fair offer. Get 3 financial experts to review how much each guy pulls in in a fight, total proceeds and then calculate that. It could be 70% Mayweather, 30% Pac, ot 58% Mayweather, 42% Pac. Whatever...In other words, divide based on all earnings. That is what is fair.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JK1700;12392202]They made Manny a star by attaching his name to Floyd's QUOTE]Don't be a damn IDIOT. Pac was a star before Floyd's name was ever brought up. And now Pac is more admired than Floyd in Floyd's OWN country....that is why Mayweather has a jealous rage about Pac which is PROVEN by his statements about how this guy comes to his country and becomes a star when Floyd had to work his whole life crap. It's on video, it is a Fact!
                Last edited by richardt; 08-01-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                  El FRAUD, has made it Obvious, he want's to put his
                  Self Preservation, above any possible Pac fight, and
                  the A$$ Kicking Attendant to any such Fight!!!
                  We all know that if Floyd really wants the fight he can make it happen at the drop of a hat. He duped everyone into believing it was about the extra testing. Turned out that it's all about self-preservation.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    To me, there is only ONE fair offer. Get 3 financial experts to review how much each guy pulls in in a fight, total proceeds and then calculate that. It could be 70% Mayweather, 30% Pac, ot 58% Mayweather, 42% Pac. Whatever...In other words, divide based on all earnings. That is what is fair.
                    This is exactly what needs to be done, Schaefer suggested doing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
                      better than that garbage Bradley. I don't hate the 4th fight. These 2 always produce great drama and excitement.
                      How can you have a 4th fight when one guy won all 3 lmao ?

That's bull****, it's like admitting the fix was in from the beginning. The 3rd fight was pushing it, even though I think JMM won the fight he did not win.

So what is really going on when you have a 4th fight between two guys who fought 3 times and the same guy keeps winning ?

It's over they robbed him now let Bradley get his two rematches in lol

Then we will get Clottey back in there with Pac because he could have done more in the first fight, then Pac could retire by taking the devasting Paulie M's belt if he still has it by then....smdh

Comment

Working...
                      X