• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Da Maori View Post
    So much 'tard in this thread..........
    ......no lie

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      The Olympics are extremely politicized. It is unimaginable that anyone could deny this.
      Still waiting for you to cite examples to cite your case.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Still waiting for you to cite examples to cite your case.
        All the jingoism.

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post
          Also

nice the guy working the pads with him used to be my trainer. war hooper!

Comment

All the jingoism.
            Just more accusations, still no evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Just more accusations, still no evidence.
              I gotta admit, I've been catching a number of BBC streams, and the British broadcasts aren't nearly as bad as the US broadcasts.

I don't know what you want from me, but I've watched many Olympics, and at least in the US, the broadcasts are extremely political and jingoistic. When you say "evidence", it means to me that you want me to site specific examples. I'm sorry, but I can't do that with television broadcasts. I have heard criticisms of NBC's coverage of the opening ceremony based on jingoism. For instance, you can listen to Eddie Goldman's opening comments on one of his recent NHB News podcasts.

http://nhbnews.podomatic.com/entry/2...22_52_32-07_00

Unfortunately he doesn't elaborate too much, but he is generally good on his word.

Again, I don't know about in the UK, but in the US the broadcasts are chalk full of political messages. For instance, I recall in the last Olympics, commentators piggy backing on Iranian athletes to denigrate the Iranian prime minister. There are innumerable examples like that, at least on US television.

Comment

Okay, if that is your position.
                That the Olympics has always been nationalistic in nature? That's more than my position, it's indisputable fact. Ever since the Ancient Greeks used the games to help avert war.

Now, feel free to lay out your case as to why Hooper deserved to be banned for dawning a t-shirt, if you would.
                Australia spends a lot of money, time and energy training, feeding, clothing and transporting their athletes to these games. All they ask for in return is 1) to try their best and 2) represent them by wearing their colors. The title of the thread suggests that Hooper knew he would likely face consequences. Apparently Australia took the cowardly way out by bowing to political sensitivities.

Originally posted by Jeff Da Maori View Post
                So much 'tard in this thread..........
                I agree. Did you really feel compelled to compound the situation?
                Last edited by 2shameless; 08-01-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X