No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
    Judges scores seemed accurate to me. Switching Beterbiev and Mekhontsev was a real mistake for Russia. Beterbiev is just to short and flat footed to be effective with his style at heavyweight. Mekhontsev's handspeed at LHW is still very fast, it was better than Hooper's.
    And you know why they did that switch?, I suppose Beterviev had problems doing the weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksan View Post
      I wonder if Cuba opens the doors for Pro Fighting, if that many great cuban fighters with this specific style will still come out of their ranks, or if the majority of their fighters will evolve to adopt a more Pro style like the americans... and of course that will affect their amateur system.

But they could be like the ukranians or russians that have good fighters at both pro and amateurs
      Everyone coming out of the amateurs has to make adjustments coming into the pro game. The Cubans would be no different. I think that the Cuban amateur system will always be good, but it may not be quite as good as in the past since some fighters would turn pro early.

The face of professional boxing will continue to evolve as more countries become interested in the sport. The Russians and Ukrainians, among others, have made their presence known in the pros, after the fall of communism. The Chinese will probably also start filtering in soon enough. The formally dominant countries will be forced to concede some ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Everyone coming out of the amateurs has to make adjustments coming into the pro game. The Cubans would be no different. I think that the Cuban amateur system will always be good, but it may not be quite as good as in the past since some fighters would turn pro early.

The face of professional boxing will continue to evolve as more countries become interested in the sport. The Russians and Ukrainians, among others, have made their presence known in the pros, after the fall of communism. The Chinese will probably also start filtering in soon enough. The formally dominant countries will be forced to concede some ground.
        It will be an exciting future for Pro Boxing if Cuba opens theirs door to professionalism, we could have like 8 Gamboas.. that will be cool

Comment

• Mark Barriga of the Philippines is appealing his loss from earlier this morning. This was the fight where he was issued two warnings which possibly cost him 4 points in a 17-16 loss.

Comment

• India vs GB

Comment

• ridiculous score 7-4

typical biased GB

Comment

• they gave GB dude 9 points when clearly the Indian guy landed and controlled round2, even the commentators are puzzled

disgusting judging
                Last edited by FrankieBruno; 08-04-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• GB Stalker is totally gassed, not throwing punches in rd 3, yet he will still win it..

indian dude needs to put in a appeal to overturn this robbery

Comment

• 9 to 5 in round 2 is real questionable.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      they gave GB dude 9 points when clearly the Indian guy landed and controlled round2, even the commentators are puzzled

disgusting judging
                      Disgusting indeed, without headgear in a pro fight the Indian knocks Stalker out

.... Is this real life?

Comment

Working...
                      X