Olympic Boxing Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    9 to 5 in round 2 is real questionable.
    yup indian dude got robbed, he controlled round 2 and 3, should be the winner

nobody stands a chance on the scorecards against GB.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksan View Post
      Disgusting indeed, without headgear in a pro fight the Indian knocks Stalker out

.... Is this real life?
      Appalling judging, i'm starting to think GB bribes judges

Stalker got outboxed, kept gettin clapped with the left hook all night.

I'm sure he'll be pushed right up the podium

Comment

• Questionable scorecard that.
        From Stalker's point of view he didn't look himself there, gassed early. I'm sure he will look much better in his next fight. Harsh result on the lad from India, he won the last 2 rounds.

Comment

• more dodgy scoring, although the fight was closer than the agogo and joshua robberies.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            more dodgy scoring, although the fight was closer than the agogo and joshua robberies.
            For me,

Agogo surprised me, the first time I have watched him, and from hearing from others, I didn't expect to much from him, and he was also fighting the World Champion.

I tought the fight could have gone either way, it was close, not a robbery.

But the Stalker and Joshua fights, yeah they were robberies.

Comment

• Stalker-Kumar was NOT a robbery. It was a close fight.

There have been some real robberies that favor UK boxers though, such as Savon-Joshua and Ogogo-Khytrov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Stalker-Kumar was NOT a robbery. It was a close fight.

There have been some real robberies that favor UK boxers though, such as Savon-Joshua and Ogogo-Khytrov.
                i'm sorry, but that second round score of 9-5 was a straight-up robbery.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksan View Post
                  For me,

Agogo surprised me, the first time I have watched him, and from hearing from others, I didn't expect to much from him, and he was also fighting the World Champion.

I tought the fight could have gone either way, it was close, not a robbery.

But the Stalker and Joshua fights, yeah they were robberies.
                  i agree that agogo gave a decent account of himself against a tough foe, but there's no way he justified the judges' decision after the count-back, which was based on the same principals as professional scoring -- clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship and defence.

Comment

• Stalker won fair and square. Maybe not by the margin he was awarded but he definitely won the fight. The Indian definitely won the 3rd, but he was hitting the gloves a lot in the first two. Tom definitely landed the cleaner punches in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Close fight. But Stalker was a fair winner.

PS - The only real robbery the Brit's have benefited from was the Joshua - Savon fight. The Ogogo fight was close. Maybe the Ukranian deserved the nod, but either way was ok with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      i agree that agogo gave a decent account of himself against a tough foe, but there's no way he justified the judges' decision after the count-back, which was based on the same principals as professional scoring -- clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship and defence.
                      But Professional Boxing Judges don't score like that...

Just ask him that

Comment

Working...
                      X