Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach's Take on Donaire-Rigondeaux Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chicken flash Nonito is to afraid to fight the Jackal Rigondeaux. He knows what to expect!

Comment

Rigo knok down cordova in the 4 round. Rigo touch the canvas with his glove in the 6 , he didnt get down at all. He was off balance , and it was a jab that cordova hit rigo with. Go to you tube and watch the fight.....rigo won easily. Rigo put cordova down with a body shot . Cordova is 5 .9 and rigo is 5.4 ....rigo was in his first 12 round and won. After that rigo killed willy cassey with 3 ko in the first , tko ramos who was 20 and 0 in the 6. Tko kennedy with 5 kdowns .....what has donaire done at 122 ? Lokked bad against narvaez , looked bad against vazquez , looked bad against an unknown mattebula , no tko at all , always ecxcuses....narvaez didnt come to fight , i broke my hands against mattebula , i had legs cramps against matebula ???besides rigo has been a winner since age 20 , donaire couldnt make the olimpics , rigo won that with 20 years old. Rigo hasnt lost since 2003....is an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Margarito_619 View Post
        I don't think they would ever match these 2 up.... I saw Rigondeaux fight in the Pacquiao / Margarito undercard and people in attendance were booing.... yea he's slick and he's fast....but why would Donaire want that fight?! He's gonna be chasing a chicken all night long. The fight just doesn't makr sense for Donaire.... Rigondeux is a mini Mayweather super technical, fast, and very elusive... You would have to put a tremendous amount of pressure on him to try and knock him out.

that's the risk of fighting a guy like rigo...he's a pure counterpuncher and ultra-technical fighter to the point of of him just waiting for his opponent to make the moves and makes mistakes. he gonna have to somehow change his style a little bit if he wanna make it big in boxing. otherwise he'll just gonna be satisfied taking the joan gamboa route...a very skilled fighter and won multiple belts at different weights but never really made it big.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          if cordoba could knock down rigo with a clean jab...no doubt donaire will be able to stop him with one of his fast power punches. i hope this fight happens early next year so donaire can knock rigo out and all these rigo fans can finally stop overrating the hell out of him...
          It's true that Cordoba scored a KD with a jab, but let's not make it sound like Rigo was floored. Yes, the punch landed; but Guillermo essentially steadied himself by touching his glove on the canvass.

A lot of people think Donaire is overrated, too. I think he's one of the top guys at 122, along with Rigo and Nishioka. If Nonito scores a win against "El Chacal," it wouldn't come as a shock. But I doubt he'll score a KO that'll shut everyone up. Rigo might not be as exciting as we'd like, but he really is a highly skilled fighter. I think Roach was being accurate and honest in his assessment of Rigondeaux.

Comment

This is a pickem fight if u ask me, I would go with rigo just because I like skilled defensive fighters and my boxer friend told me about rigo before he went pro, but what amazes me is freddie thoughts on the fight. This is real similar to the Pac vs $ fight. Only I think donaire
            is a lil more skilled than Pac and rigo is good defensively but he's no mayweather. So does he really give Pac a chance against $? This is crazy! I think the truth is coming out. The two bouts are really comparable.
            Last edited by valentino23; 07-25-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
              that's the risk of fighting a guy like rigo...he's a pure counterpuncher and ultra-technical fighter to the point of of him just waiting for his opponent to make the moves and makes mistakes. he gonna have to somehow change his style a little bit if he wanna make it big in boxing. otherwise he'll just gonna be satisfied taking the joan gamboa route...a very skilled fighter and won multiple belts at different weights but never really made it big.
              I think you're right. I also think Rigo has taken steps to improve his marketability in the ring. After Cordoba, he obliterated Willie Casey in 1. He dispatched a scared-to-death Ramos in 6. (I must admit Guillermo probably should've closed the show even earlier.) Then he smashed Teon Kennedy in 5. I understand that we're not talking legendary competition here, but it certainly appears that Rigo is trying to bring more excitement to the table.

Comment

It would be a very dull fight for the most part with short bursts of explosive action. When Rigo counters with his left hand it's a thing of beauty but when he leads with it, it can be countered because you can see him loading up and he takes a small step forward before unleashing it. I can see Donaire countering with a left hook as Rigo is launching his left hand, ala Donaire vs Darchinyan.

Comment

Riggondeaux would beat donaire if they fought tomorrw - donaire never been hit as hard AND cleanly as Riggo consistantly hits his opponents...donaire would get worn down - id bet on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by valentino23 View Post
                    This is a pickem fight if u ask me, I would go with rigo just because I like skilled defensive fighters and my boxer friend told me about rigo before he went pro, but what amazes me is freddie thoughts on the fight. This is real similar to the Pac vs $ fight. Only I think donaire
                    is a lil more skilled than Pac and rigo is good defensively but he's no mayweather. So does he really give Pac a chance against $? This is crazy! I think the truth is coming out. The two bouts are really comparable.
                    It's really tough to draw those parallels. Pacquiao is a force of nature. Nonito might be a little more skilled, but Manny does things Donaire is simply incapable of. For instance, Pacquiao delivers punches from all angles with power. It's a gift.

While Rigo may not be as good as Floyd, Donaire isn't as good as Manny.

Comment

Ive got Rigondeaux by decision. It would definitely be one of the most intriguing matchups of recent years.

Comment

Working...
                      X