No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Good Stoppage, Amir Khan Never Fully Recovered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Good Stoppage, Amir Khan Never Fully Recovered

WBA/WBC junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia stopped heavy favorite Amir Khan in the fourth round to stay undefeated and unified their respective titles at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Khan started fast and hard, pounding Garcia for six minutes. The fight changed in the third round, when Garcia's left hook nearly took Khan out. He hit the mat hard and barely survived the round. He was dropped twice more in the fourth before the fight was stopped.

[Click Here To Read More]

Roach speaks the truth here. Amir Khan was out of it during the first knock down. He got up on wobbly legs and barely made it to the corner. I give Amir credit for having heart and trying to stay in the fight but homeboy got rocked!!!

They totally under estimated Danny and paid a big price. I remember Roach saying that Danny was tailor made for Khan lol. Hopefully this will be a humbling experience for everyone in the Wild Card Gym. Nothing lasts forever.

Comment

Throw cold water on Khan's face next time. At least make an attempt to recuperate your fighter. No one in your corner knew what to do.

Comment

Garcia was better than I thought, He remain in control of himself even though he was getting outsped, For his age and ring experience in big fights he show a lot of maturity in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
          Throw cold water on Khan's face next time. At least make an attempt to recuperate your fighter. No one in your corner knew what to do.
          His corner were afraid that throwing water on Khan's face may have knocked him out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
            His corner were afraid that throwing water on Khan's face may have knocked him out cold.
            That's funny,

but seriously how did they not even considering throwing water on his face?? It might have not "woke" khan up but jesus at least try. That's the first thing they should have done when amir sat on that stool. Cold water and then you rub his head/chest while ice packing his neck and ears. He was still wobbling when the fourth started...

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
              That's funny,

but seriously how did they not even considering throwing water on his face?? It might have not "woke" khan up but jesus at least try. That's the first thing they should have done when amir sat on that stool. Cold water and then you rub his head/chest while ice packing his neck and ears. He was still wobbling when the fourth started...
              Ice on the balls too.

I think Khan's head was clear it's just his legs were unresponsive.

Comment

Khan's eyes were closed while he was falling after that first left hook landed. An inch to the right and he'd still be out cold. He showed heart, yes but he fought dumb after being hurt. He tried to fight out of it. He was actually landing punches but was still leaving himself wide open. Garcia countered very well the entire fight. He just needs to brings him shots down the middle more often.

Comment

I think Amir needs to get rid of his whole team and starts afresh. He thinks he's a superstar, an elite fighter and I bet his whole team are quick to tell him so. From watching 'behind the ropes' seeing Khan trading and getting wobbled whilst sparring a nobody, somebody who apparently had not even had a professional fight, so the the boxing pundits said, I knew from then that Khan had not learnt a thing or changed from his lat fight. I still believed that he would win. I just wish he would stop all his talk of fighting past the fight thats in front of him and overlooking opponents which is disrespectful.
                  I think he needs to change camp, change a lot of things and take a good look at himself. Start with getting a trainer that is going to be there for the whole camp (fair enough this was a long camp) but its obvious there has been no improvements. Emanuel Steward comes to mind.

Comment

Roach showed a lot of ineptitude btwn rounds & quite obvious he never really taught Khan anything, he looked very amateurish @ times...

Comment

Working...
                    X