Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Good Stoppage, Amir Khan Never Fully Recovered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan needed to regroup after the knockdown. Khan needed to box and move, but instead he tried to slug it out with Garcia. It didn't matter though he was going to lose either way.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 07-15-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dougage78 View Post
      I think Amir needs to get rid of his whole team and starts afresh. He thinks he's a superstar, an elite fighter and I bet his whole team are quick to tell him so. From watching 'behind the ropes' seeing Khan trading and getting wobbled whilst sparring a nobody, somebody who apparently had not even had a professional fight, so the the boxing pundits said, I knew from then that Khan had not learnt a thing or changed from his lat fight. I still believed that he would win. I just wish he would stop all his talk of fighting past the fight thats in front of him and overlooking opponents which is disrespectful.
      I think he needs to change camp, change a lot of things and take a good look at himself. Start with getting a trainer that is going to be there for the whole camp (fair enough this was a long camp) but its obvious there has been no improvements. Emanuel Steward comes to mind.
      Yo don't blame it all on his camp... after all they did get him in real good shape, the speed and reflexes were there. After the first two rounds I could easily see Khan cruising to a decision or gradually wearing Garcia down. Unfortunately Khan was BEGGING for that Garcia left hook to land at some point. And after the knockdown he panicked and completely threw Freddie's gameplan out the window, decided to stand there and bang with Garcia when he didn't even know where the f... he was, instead of backpedaling and going out of harm's way... Khan is gonna face some serious questions about his mental toughness over the next weeks...

Comment

Khan wasnt the better of the two that night. He got caught with a ear shot that rock your world to get hit with. He fought it out until they stopped it. Garcia tried everything he could do to finish him and Khan did all he could do to fight back and stay alive. Both fighters have my respect...and shows why Boxing is a great sport!

Comment

Originally posted by bennido View Post
          Yo don't blame it all on his camp... after all they did get him in real good shape, the speed and reflexes were there. After the first two rounds I could easily see Khan cruising to a decision or gradually wearing Garcia down. Unfortunately Khan was BEGGING for that Garcia left hook to land at some point. And after the knockdown he panicked and completely threw Freddie's gameplan out the window, decided to stand there and bang with Garcia when he didn't even know where the f... he was, instead of backpedaling and going out of harm's way... Khan is gonna face some serious questions about his mental toughness over the next weeks...
          Sorry bro. Its time for a new trainer. Roach has been overrated and continues to be. He has 1 great fighter but is not a great trainer. Khan - 2 loses in a row, Pacman - 1 loss, Linares - 2 losses in a row and fired him and Kayode could only draw with Tarver. Roach does not teach his fighters any defense and he routinely only adds 1 or 2 new things to his fighters. As far as Khan not following the game-plan after he was KD. That is what normally happens when you are hurt. He showed mad heart in getting up and trying to fight. It does not look like Freddy ever taught him how to hold versus fighting back. I don't question Khan's mental toughness anymore. He could of just quit after the first KD but he didn't. That makes him tough enough for me.

Comment

Great fight I must say. Garcia showed me he can compete at the top level of the 140lb division. Even in the first 2 rounds when Khan was busting him up, Garcia was still able to get some things done. Ive never been that high on Khan but he impressed me with his heart. Its hard to prepare for a shot like that. Garcias head was down and turned and his punch just landed (Pac/Hatton type).

Comment

Originally posted by bennido View Post
              No I totally agree with you but there is something obviously not right, cause like you said he was cruising those first two rounds with slight signs that Garcia was coming into it. Maybe not the camp, but his team because this guys feet are obviously not on the ground and he is not very humble. End of the day its Khan in there fighting and not his team........

I dont know if you saw the 'behind the ropes' special, it was aired in england, Roach was away training I think Chavez, Khan basically in sparring was trying to bang with this nobody just like he was with Garcia and he he was taking heavy shots during that session, unbelievable. Garcia banged him out plain and simple. From that little clip alone you could see that nothing had changed with Khan.
              Hopefully he comes back and like you said his mental toughness is gonna be challenged.......... A fresh start..........
              A great win though for Garcia. I take my hat off to him......

Comment

First two rounds khan never hurt garcia n was taking hard body punches garcia was timing him for that right hand n tagging him all nite khan making excuses again the fight should have stopped after the second knock down khan was wobbley n never got his mind right

Comment

Not a terrible stoppage, but I think Bayless should've given Khan another opportunity to survive the round after the third knockdown.

Comment

What a great weekend for boxing a great heavyweight fight which I thought was going to be a dud and to top it off Garcia and khan is a fight of the year

Comment

Oh come on people! Khan performance last night was horrible, but what else could we expect from a glorified bum that was given a championship. A World champion that exposes himself to every punch his opponent is throwing? Even in the first two rounds that he won he was taking unnecessary punches from Garcia. Khan should retire at this point because Lamont Peterson already exposed him and provided everyone a blueprint on how to beat him. If he continues in boxing, he is bound to being severely hurt. No brain damage though....cause you are required to have a brain for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X