No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Good Stoppage, Amir Khan Never Fully Recovered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
    Sorry bro. Its time for a new trainer. Roach has been overrated and continues to be. He has 1 great fighter but is not a great trainer. Khan - 2 loses in a row, Pacman - 1 loss, Linares - 2 losses in a row and fired him and Kayode could only draw with Tarver. Roach does not teach his fighters any defense and he routinely only adds 1 or 2 new things to his fighters. As far as Khan not following the game-plan after he was KD. That is what normally happens when you are hurt. He showed mad heart in getting up and trying to fight. It does not look like Freddy ever taught him how to hold versus fighting back. I don't question Khan's mental toughness anymore. He could of just quit after the first KD but he didn't. That makes him tough enough for me.
    I agree with this completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Garcia was better than I thought, He remain in control of himself even though he was getting outsped, For his age and ring experience in big fights he show a lot of maturity in the ring.
      Very mature, I like Khan's style a bit more as a fan but that type of conduct Garcia displayed goes a long way with power and timing to back.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
        Not a terrible stoppage, but I think Bayless should've given Khan another opportunity to survive the round after the third knockdown.
        That is what I thought at the time, but the more I watch it...his legs were gone and he was getting dropped by glancing blows. He was done.

Comment

roach was right

Roach was right. he did predict an early ko. but to bad it was queen khan getting k (od) early.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
            Khan needed to regroup after the knockdown. Khan needed to box and move, but instead he tried to slug it out with Garcia. It didn't matter though he was going to lose either way. I was rooting for Garcia.
            That's the reason he NEEEEDS to change Freddie Roach. I'm serious about this. He's ruining this guy's career!

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
              Not a terrible stoppage, but I think Bayless should've given Khan another opportunity to survive the round after the third knockdown.
              I don't think so. He should thanks Bayless for letting him fight after the first KD. He was all wobbling. So Bayless gave him the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                I don't think so. He should thanks Bayless for letting him fight after the first KD. He was all wobbling. So Bayless gave him the opportunity.
                I agree because Bayless could have stopped it after the first KD when Khan got up. Khan never really was back in the game. Bayless showed Khan respect by letting him fight on after the first KD.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
                  Sorry bro. Its time for a new trainer. Roach has been overrated and continues to be. He has 1 great fighter but is not a great trainer. Khan - 2 loses in a row, Pacman - 1 loss, Linares - 2 losses in a row and fired him and Kayode could only draw with Tarver. Roach does not teach his fighters any defense and he routinely only adds 1 or 2 new things to his fighters. As far as Khan not following the game-plan after he was KD. That is what normally happens when you are hurt. He showed mad heart in getting up and trying to fight. It does not look like Freddy ever taught him how to hold versus fighting back. I don't question Khan's mental toughness anymore. He could of just quit after the first KD but he didn't. That makes him tough enough for me.

Gotta be fair here. Freddy Roach is an already proven Elite Trainer. He has done an excellent job with his roster and Wild Card.
                  Fact is....nothing lasts forever....NOTHING - and in reality Manny is not the hungry animal that he was, he is no longer focused 100% on Boxing (Politics is his future) and he is also getting old. Amir in my opinion was always way overrated but again in fairness Freddy has done a brilliant job with him. One can't blame the Coach if the fighters chin can't handle the hard shots. Kahn needs to reevaluate his life and move forward. His problem is that he's a crybaby and is always screaming foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
                    Throw cold water on Khan's face next time. At least make an attempt to recuperate your fighter. No one in your corner knew what to do.
                    Yeah, you could see that in his corner Roach was just asking Khan if he was OK, while Khan was just out of himself. I was thinking exactly the same as you, why the hell weren't they throwing some water to his face of using a towel to give him more air.

Comment

The fight could have been stopped after the first knockdown. Kahn was incredibly out of it and Bayless gave him absolutely every chance in the world to recover - twice!

His legs were totally gone and Kahn was obviously trying very, very hard to concentrate and appear sober to be allowed to continue. He's got nothing to apologize for and it just shows that a fighter can win even while getting knocked out. He didn't give up at all.

Bayless made the correct call here.

Comment

Working...
                      X