Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather and Amir Khan in negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it will happen if Khan wins. These days I think Floyd wants the best paying fights with the least risk. Canelo would make Floyd just as much money I think, but he is much more dangerous than Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
      People now wishing Khan to get knocked out because Floyds people approached him about a fight? Lol you guys seriously crack me up. Ellerbe went to Khans media workout and spoke with Oscar and Richard, how is that any of Khan's doing? It's him that's being offered a fight and he'd be stupid to turn it down, IMO.

He poses a few problems for Mayweather in the early stages. I want to see how he adjusts. Outside of Pacquiao, who is there to trouble him at all? No one. Khan bring a fan base and a skillset he hasn't faced in a while.
      lol yeah whats up wit that

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        There's nobody worthy right now. Floyd should take some time off and wait until a top dog at 147/154 emerges.
        he has no time to take off

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I can't believe there is someone on here saying Alexander would be a better fight than Khan.

I don't see why people are acting like Khan hasn't done anything. He has wins over Kotelnyk, Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, and would have one over Garcia too. All Top ranked JWW's, and he should have the win over Peterson too, in a fight I thought he won against a guy on PED's.

I would have preferred Khan to have a fight at 147 first, but if Floyd fights in December, who else could he fight??? Sergio is fighting in September, no way he fights 3 months later. Pac is pretty much set to fight in November against Marquez. Alvarez hasn't done anything yet to really force Floyd to fight him. Who else is there???

People would crucify Floyd if he fought Devon Alexander, everyone knows that. On a side note, if Pacquiao and Floyd don't end up fighting in the first half of 2013, how about a Pacquiao-Alexander fight??? I know it wouldn't happen due to promoters, but how would that play out???
          Well, Alexander is 1-0 at WW and Khan is 0-0 so that must mean Alexander is a better fight as that automatically means he's better at WW.

The same goes for Pauli Malignaggi, Randall Bailey and of course Kell Brook, can't forget him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Canelo would make Floyd just as much money I think, but he is much more dangerous than Khan.
            Say what?

lol

Comment

khan's bigger than mayweather...

the WW limit would not have anything to do with this fight.

it's a nice fight.

khan's a good fighter in his prime with some speed and power. it will be nice to see floyd in there with a young guy with young legs.

floyd via wide decision with khan making a solid showing and proving he belongs with top guys (147 or otherwise,)

Comment

Would hate to see it, Khan is a B class fighter at best.

Comment

Floyd stops him, I'd like to see Khan vs Guerrero at 147.

Comment

now that dirk diggler UK has been banned i find myself having a much easier time tolerating khan

and that's shame on me.

maybe it's just my dislike for garcia, but khan is growing on me.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      khan's bigger than mayweather...

the WW limit would not have anything to do with this fight.

it's a nice fight.

khan's a good fighter in his prime with some speed and power. it will be nice to see floyd in there with a young guy with young legs.

floyd via wide decision with khan making a solid showing and proving he belongs with top guys (147 or otherwise,)
                      i disagree with you on this one. i see mayweather walking him down pretty easily making him retreat pretty much the majority of the fight and possibly getting stopped. he has no backup plan once his bum rush routine stops being effective and has 0 defense to protect himself. he'll get busted up bad in this fight. mccloskey, peterson, maidana those guys made him look like an amateur... he's not ready for floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X