Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye Vs Derrick Chisora build up, prediction and RBR THREAD!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people are showing that they do not understand the meaning behind 'styles make fights'. Haye relies on boxing to set up the punches, it is why the fight with Wlad was a stinker, because Wlad outboxed him preventing him from setting up his big punches.

It is why he looked good against Chisora, a boxer who is evidently not difficult to outbox.

That being said I think Vitali is aging so I could see Haye beating him but using his performance against Chisora is incorrect.

Comment

• Comment

• Good fight. I'm as big of a Chisora fan as I've ever been. Haye was impressive and did his thing for sure, but I don't think Del Boy is getting the props he deserves for getting after Haye and helping to bring about one of the better HW fights in recent memory. Plus, you've got to like/appreciate Chisora's style!

Comment

• Originally posted by IIG View Post
          Good fight. I'm as big of a Chisora fan as I've ever been. Haye was impressive and did his thing for sure, but I don't think Del Boy is getting the props he deserves for getting after Haye and helping to bring about one of the better HW fights in recent memory. Plus, you've got to like/appreciate Chisora's style!
          agreed, he put on a good show. i don't think chisora was ever confident he was going to win though. just did it for a payday really

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            It was after the bell.

Even then, a somewhat non-expecting Haye didn't seem remotely bothered by it. The commentators would have you thin he was rocked, but Chisora landed a few decent punches and got no reaction from Haye whatsoever. Haye landed his, and he got the reaction.
            Disagree bro, Chisora drew blood in the fight and I think had that punch landed earlier in the round Haye was in trouble.

Chisora was beaten tonight but Haye showed his vulnerability imo.

Comment

• South London showing why they're top dogs in this town.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Disagree bro, Chisora drew blood in the fight and I think had that punch landed earlier in the round Haye was in trouble.

I had Haye winning every round. Chisora looked game and may have stunned Haye once in the fight but in the 3rd, maybe the 4th, I saw Haye land a left that had Chisora moving on the back foot for the first time in the fight. Chisora then proceeded to block and wait on Haye instead of coming forward like he is accustomed to doing.

I already felt that Haye would stop him before 6 rounds but I knew in that moment that Chisora had no chance.

Haye was basically playing possum to lure Chisora in, once Haye opened up, we all saw who held the cards.

Comment

I disagree, that was virtually a clinic by haye tbf, chip, chip, chip away at the iron chin and then SMASH

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    I had Haye winning every round. Chisora looked game and may have stunned Haye once in the fight but in the 3rd, maybe the 4th, I saw Haye land a left that had Chisora moving on the back foot for the first time in the fight. Chisora then proceeded to block and wait on Haye instead of coming forward like he is accustomed to doing.

I already felt that Haye would stop him before 6 rounds but I knew in that moment that Chisora had no chance.

Haye was basically playing possum to lure Chisora in, once Haye opened up, we all saw who held the cards.
                    I had Haye winning every round too, pre-fight I thought this was going to be a Round 1 KO

but Chisora put him under pressure and Haye didn't react well, a better fighter (a genuine puncher) would have put Haye down, he looked vulnerable in there something I didn't expect and something I think the KO masked.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 07-14-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I had Haye winning every round too, pre-fight I thought this was going to be a Round 1 KO

but Chisora put him under pressure and Haye didn't react well, a better fighter (a genuine puncher) would have put Haye down, he looked vulnerable in there something I didn't expect and something I think the KO masked.
                      If Chisora had legitimate power, Haye would have been in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X