Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: One More Belt and Then I'm 126 Bound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are you guys believe rigondeaux has a good chance against nonito? the guy has only 10 fights...nonito has 30 fights and has fought the likes of darchinyan, montiel and vazquez...the cuban has fought nobody in boxing...rigo is not even in montiel's class...

Comment

Rigondeaux is the fight the world wants, Nishioka isn't bad but I'm not keen on Donaire vs Mares myself, I just think he is pretty much made for Donaire though everyone is high on it so it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
        why are you guys believe rigondeaux has a good chance against nonito? the guy has only 10 fights...nonito has 30 fights and has fought the likes of darchinyan, montiel and vazquez...the cuban has fought nobody in boxing...rigo is not even in montiel's class...
        This post explains what's wrong with boxing fans nowadays. Let's go rigo!

Comment

Damn this is too bad. If he beats Nishioka, obviously that will be impressive, but his run at will 122 read...

Vazquez JR.
          Mathebula
          Nishioka

With his talent and how hot that division is now, there's no reason he shouldn't stay and truly unify by taking on Mares and Rigondeaux. It's not as though he's having a problem making weight.

Comment

So if he wants a 3rd belt he will have to face Mares or Rigondeaux but chances of that happening? Probably 10%.

Mark my words here's what Donaire is gonna do. He's gonna fight Nishioka and say "well that's as good as getting a third belt cause he was stripped of his and hes the best guy @ 122." Thats the way he's gonna settle for it. The same way he called undisputed just having 3 belts instead of 4. Hes fooling people into thinking he likes to challenge himself and wants to be the best.

When he moves up to 126 he will do the same thing he did 122. Fight the weakest ranked guy then go for the weakest belt which is Chris John.

Btw I dont think Nishioka at this point is the best guy at 122. Why? The guy is 35 years old and is coming off a one year lay off. But dont be surprised if he beats Donaire, after all he did go life and death against some african guy whose balance was worse than a 1 year old trying to walk.

Comment

Rigo is not proven against the top yet, he needs to prove himself. Remember a fight or two ago he was still in Amateur mode, so let him go against Arce or Vasquez or Mares.

YOU can't fight them all, not enough time in life.

IF Donaire wants to move up after taking all the titles he wants then why not ?

Who has gone up thru divisions and become undisputed in every division before moving up to the next class ?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Yes.

If 7,000 people want to see Donaire vs Arce while 1,000 people want to see Donaire vs Rigo (these are arbitrary numbers), why should Rigo get the fight over Arce? Because you said so? Should Top Rank ignore what people actually want to see and pay for because someone on a boxing forum disagrees?

Lets change the subject matter. Imagine we're in a famine. We have the choice to produce more food or more ipads. 7 million people want more food while 1 million people want more ipads. Someone suggests we should produce more food because more people want that. You disagree and respond with "and what does that mean??? That we should choose what we produce based off what people want? smh..."

I personally would rather watch Rigo vs Donaire over Arce vs Donaire, but I completely understand why Arce would get first dibs and why it's the more likely fight.
                well then i dunno what to tell u. because to me, thats not how a real fan thinks. a real fan wants to see the best fights. arce isnt a good fight. mijares isnt a good fight. i have no interest in either.

Comment

Translation: I Am Not Going To Fight Rigondeaux!

Just like he did not fight Agbeko, Mares, Yohnny Perez and Moreno when he was at 118, I really don't completely blame him directly, I think a lot of it is ARUM, he is CHERRY PICKING FOR HIM to keep the HYPE going for Donaire

Comment

If he's going after Nishioka (and all signs point that way), that means he's probably got two fights left at 22. He'll fight the division leader, then someone for a strap right off Mathebula. This sounds like a fairly critic proof approach.

Aces.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Translation: I Am Not Going To Fight Rigondeaux!

Just like he did not fight Agbeko, Mares, Yohnny Perez and Moreno when he was at 118, I really don't completely blame him directly, I think a lot of it is ARUM, he is CHERRY PICKING FOR HIM to keep the HYPE going for Donaire
                      No, instead he called 'definitely' for the most proven, established fighter at 122.

For shame.

SMH.

Comment

Working...
                      X