No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: One More Belt and Then I'm 126 Bound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    lol, its the hispaninc(mexican) espn channel. no big wonder there.
    Hispanics is the most important demographic for show attendance. The Ring website also has a poll and Rigo is up ahead with 38%. But Rigo can barely get 50 people to come watch his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Hispanics is the most important demographic for show attendance. Ring also has a poll and Rigo is up ahead. But Rigo can barely get 50 people to come watch his fights.
      and what does that mean??? that we should all choose who fights who based off show attendance? smh...

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Maybe better p4p, h2h they get murdered
        mebbe if u think its because they are smaller. either way, they are better fighters. fighters donaire should fight and the division is better. clearly. just like 118 was better than 122 when donaire moved there.

Comment

Donaire did well against another champion. Best fighter at 122.

Comment

mebbe if u think its because they are smaller. either way, they are better fighters. fighters donaire should fight and the division is better. clearly. just like 118 was better than 122 when donaire moved there.
            If I'm Donaire, I do anything to get Mares and Moreno in the ring asap. IMO both are tailor made for him, way less risky than any of the feathers, or Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              If I'm Donaire, I do anything to get Mares and Moreno in the ring asap. IMO both are tailor made for him, way less risky than any of the feathers, or Rigo.
              mares, i agree with. moreno??? definitely not. no1 even wants to fight the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                How is Moreno tailor made for Donaire ? That guys style is wrong for anyone really.
                Cermeno didn't mind. He's getting a ton of mileage out of past it Vic. I mean, he's a better "boxer" than Nonito, but no power and thrives on his speed advantage, which he wouldn't have against Donaire

Comment

and what does that mean??? that we should all choose who fights who based off show attendance? smh...
                  Yes.

If 7,000 people want to see Donaire vs Arce while 1,000 people want to see Donaire vs Rigo (these are arbitrary numbers), why should Rigo get the fight over Arce? Because you said so? Should Top Rank ignore what people actually want to see and pay for because someone on a boxing forum disagrees?

Lets change the subject matter. Imagine we're in a famine. We have the choice to produce more food or more ipads. 7 million people want more food while 1 million people want more ipads. Someone suggests we should produce more food because more people want that. You disagree and respond with "and what does that mean??? That we should choose what we produce based off what people want? smh..."

I personally would rather watch Rigo vs Donaire over Arce vs Donaire, but I completely understand why Arce would get first dibs and why it's the more likely fight.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-08-2012, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Give Donaire One more fight at the end of this Year, then, let him move up the 126lbs Featherweight Division.

Comment

His performance with Mathebula was decent, but it was a very closely contested bout, and once again Donaire looks highly vurnerable, especially when you imagine him in potential bout with Rigondeaux or even Mares at this point. Then, we come to find that he only wants uno mas before he exits the division?

Comment

Working...
                      X