No announcement yet.

The top 5 reasons Vitaly doesn't belong in the HOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
    You & I both know Byrd was nowhere near the vicinity of similar landed punches for the first 6 or 7 rds until Vitali gave him all the freebies in the world in the last couple of rds or so when he was in severe physical distress due to his shoulder. Even if Chris managed to somehow land the same amount of punches.. the tiebreaker will always be the velocity & torque of the shots & not so much the accuracy as with Byrd.. you'll always miss much more than you land. Vitali was the aggressor throughout & the judges scored it that way. Byrd.... just like Lennox took advantage in the last rd or two when Vitali's physical well being was in jeapordy as when he wasn't ailing they were getting dominated & everyone knows it but ONLY look at the result... & NOT how it was derived.
    You keep bleating on about their stats rather than the actual opposition they've fought. The bolded is a still an actual stat irrespective of why Byrd landed those punches.

At least be consistent instead of wording things to suit your agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      You keep bleating on about their stats rather than the actual opposition they've fought. The bolded is a still an actual stat irrespective of why Byrd landed those punches.

You must have missed the memo, bro. Quality of opposition is no longer a factor in determining greatness. From now on fighters will vie to see who can fight the weakest comp and be the most dominant so the can be called "the greatest ever".

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post

What does that have to do with what I stated? As if Vitali has to apologize for allowing a fighter to land 8 less punches than him while being severely hampered by a shoulder ailment that ultimately halted the bout. Byrd ONLY won 1 rd in the incompleted bout. Vitali's stats speak for themselves.. i would never give false information about his numbers as i always post the truth about what he's done... while it's you guys that always try to explain away the unprecedented dominance anyway you can. Trust me.. those 8 fewer punches landed is by far the closest margin this side of Solis & that only lasted 180 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          You must have missed the memo, bro. Quality of opposition is no longer a factor in determining greatness. From now on fighters will vie to see who can fight the weakest comp and be the most dominant so the can be called "the greatest ever".
          Quality of the ACTUAL fighter takes precedence over EVERYTHING else when you can't gauge the true greatness from the lackluster resistance of the opposition. Can you guys actually prove that these fighters are inept as much as Vitali is making them out to be? That's a Hell to the NO but Klitschko fans have to take the word of fans that are jealous of there dominance as gospel. A true & accurate gauge of a fighter's greatness is not so much what there opposition has fared against them but how they've fared against everyone else. Time & Time again Vitali has completely & thorughly dominated his opposition with more precision than anyone else who's ever faced them before or after.......

THAT IS YOUR TRUE MEASURING STICK..... there's no favoritism or opinions of fighters involved.. it's just factual development... but NO we trash both bro's comp & tear down everything the brothers have done to them because we have no other options at our disposal... it's complete BS & is a clever way to divert attention from what the dominator has actually accomplished.. it's brilliant on your part but it's all false bravado in the end as at the end of the day there's a valid reason why these fighters are all made into cans by the brothers & trust me when i say to you.. most all the other greats..

there'd be more give & take with the same EXACT comp because they just don't have the arsenal that the bro's have.. size.. strength & boxing skills that renders there opponents to a lifetime of ineptitude when there statuses would almsot surely have been elevated fighting all the other greats...... you know i'm right... for once take the loss.. son.

Comment

There are certainly guys who don't belong in the Hall, does that mean we should just keep adding to it? Two wrongs will never make a right. Vitaly would be competitive in any era I believe, but his career has been a waste of soft comp, cherry picking and never beating the best fighter in his division.
            Hes barely ever beaten the 2nd best fighter in the division.

Corrie Sanders had been inactive for a year when he was ranked #2.

Comment

If Wilt Chamberlain's & Bill Russell's achievements stand in a totally inferior league with much lack of resistance for there position & weight class without any asterisks then surely the brother's achievements shall not be tainted in the same fashion. Different eras... SAME league & in the case of Wilt & Russell.. league structure was completelly different but they were Never PENALIZED or asterisked when that was more than in order to do so.... just food for thought... guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                Hes barely ever beaten the 2nd best fighter in the division.

Corrie Sanders had been inactive for a year when he was ranked #2.
                Give it a rest for the past decade Vitali or Wlad has either been # 1 or #2... so I doubt Vitali has ever thought about comitting suicide or family sabatoge but nice try nonetheless.

Comment

1. Has a very weak resume.

2. Linked to steroid usage as an amateur.

3. Only had 1 defense as Ring champion, every other title was paper as we all know his brother is the real champion.

4. Shamelessly ducked a rematch with Chris Byrd.

5. NEVER beat the top guy in his division.
                  Dude he distroys everyone in front of him.

I don't understand this klit. Hate.

Comment

Give it a rest for the past decade Vitali or Wlad has either been # 1 or #2... so I doubt Vitali has ever thought about comitting suicide or family sabatoge but nice try nonetheless.
                    I can do better than that: How many times has Vitali fought the 3rd best HW in the division?
                    Valuev, Chambers, David Haye have been 3rd since Vitali's come back and he hasnt fought any of them. He goes for the Sosnoski's, Johnson's, Briggs, Gomez's and Manuel Charr's of the world. (All NOT Top 10)

If Wilt Chamberlain's & Bill Russell's achievements stand in a totally inferior league with much lack of resistance for there position & weight class without any asterisks then surely the brother's achievements shall not be tainted in the same fashion. Different eras... SAME league & in the case of Wilt & Russell.. league structure was completelly different but they were Never PENALIZED or asterisked when that was more than in order to do so.... just food for thought... guys.

Russell played in a weak era but he still has 11 titles. If Wlad can hold a legit belt for 11 years(through 2015) he'll eventually get the same recognition.

Wilt has title wins over both Kareem and Russell. Vitali has never beaten a fellow great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tlaktix
                      1. Maybe by a haters standarts.

No, by any standards of realistic boxing fans. Do tell though what even makes his overall comp decent.

2. That was ages ago. Hasnt been caught since. Inocent unless proven otherwise.

You say innocent until proven guilty? He has been proven guilty. Once you're guilty you're always guilty by association.

3. Are u suggesting he injured himself intentionaly? For me ring title means least. He was and is the WBC champion. I dont know who u callin WE
                      How do you get that from my response? Im not suggesting anything, Im stating a fact, plain and simple.

4. Proof? When he began calling Vitali out. Vitali was retired. When Vitali came back Chris had a string of losses.
                      After Vitaly quit he told the crowd he would get his WBO title back. Instead of doing what he said he let his brother fight him instead because he was more suited for Byrd's style. You can't come back with "he was injured" because he fought just over a month later.

5. Only No 1 he faced was Lewis whom he gave his toughest fight ever until the cut began to obscure his vision. Corrie Sanders was No 2 after Vitali when they fought since Sanders ko'd Wlad similar to divisions toughest contender Ross Purity (24-13-1). And banged him up pretty bad.
                      Hope u r not suggesting Vitali was supposed to fight himself?

For those that dont understand why Wlad and Vitali dont fight each other its simple: they make more money making more fights, they would damage each others legacy not to mention long term memmory loss or even death lets remmember those things do happen.

Lol, the brothers would make more fighting each other than they could fighting 5 other opponents. And the winners legacy would be enhanced immeasurably as they would have finally fought a dangerous opponent GTFO with those sorry excuses!

He can fight who ever he wants for his farewell fight. Charr is quite popular in Germany. He is Syrian so this would also be a political move to highlight events there.
                      The guy is a nothing in the heavyweight pantheon and is no threat at all.
                      I d like to see him fight Wach instead and lets not forget what an "exciting" fighter David broken toe Haye is.

Haye sucks at heavyweight but Vitaly wants no part of him because he'll make him look bad. Wach stinks.

Boy, your writing style and opinions sure do look familiar. I wonder who's alt you are?

Comment

Working...
                      X