The top 5 reasons Vitaly doesn't belong in the HOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    SHouldn't it be about more than this?

Vitali is one of the best in the most ****tiest era for HWT boxing over the last 30 years. He lost to his 2 best opponents on a resume that is between putrid and pathetic.

He'll get in because he is the best or 2nd best in his era, but man, his prescence reduces the IBHOF!
    That's just your opinion of the people he's fought. I gauge it accurately in terms of how he's fought. When it comes down to it that's the ONLY plausible measuring stick. It's called what have you done while in a boxing ring & NOT what you haven't done because GOD didn't put you in with fighters that are supposedly more revered.

His two defeats are the most talked about & scrutinized losses on this forum because of how it occurred & the fact that he's completely shutout everyone else. When a fighter wins a record 95% of all the rds he's ever competed in while stopping nearly 90% of his entire opposition while winning 12 of the 15 rds to the two "supposed best fighters he's ever faced..

only to lose because of doctor stoppages while well ahead & completely & thorughly outbox/outslug.... outthrow & outland EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER HE;S EVER FACED WHILE BEING THE ONLY FIGHTER TO EVER DO THIS... comes a time when his opposition is merely a witness & has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO with the desired results & everything to do with Vitali Klitschko dictating the outcome...

if we ALL kept it real & NOT phony & agenda oriented that's the ONLY thing that can be deciphered from his unprecedented boxing career... for crying out loud.. he's got EVERY physcial advantage in the book over every single fighter that's ever fought... if that's not ample evidence... i don't know what is.

This dude fought Chisora & Byrd.. relatively for the majority of those bouts with one relatively working arm & still managed to win 18 of the 21 rds that were comp;leted on all the scorecards. He's been taken the distance only 4 times in his boxing career & these 4 lucky survivors could barely notch 4 rds won out of 48 overall. If you guys even think there's a boxer that was capable of outboxing him... you're just all about the wishful thinking... you know why there's NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF BOXING capable of doing so?

I'll tell you why.. it's because Vitali will ALWAYS throw more punches than his opposition no matter who's in front of him.. he' s simply programmed to do so.. the way he fights.. his boxing stance.. all of it.. plus the fact he's never been off his feet from a punch... it's an algebraic formula that until broken can't be penetrated no matter how much we want other fighters of the past to be the ones special enough to do so.. REMEMBER vITALI VS ALI.. VS LOUIS.... all a 000. winning percentage..

HE HASN'T lost to them or been outboxed by them.. so why is there an automatic loss next to his name when matched against them when he's the one with all the physical tools & foolproof fighting style that has never been solved...we've ONLY seen him lose when he was actually dominating the action so keep all this in mind when it comes down to induction time.
    Last edited by jimmy1569; 06-29-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
      That's just your opinion of the people he's fought. I gauge it accurately in terms of how he's fought. When it comes down to it that's the ONLY plausible measuring stick. It's called what have you done while in a boxing ring & NOT what you haven't done because GOD didn't put you in with fighters that are supposedly more revered.

His two defeats are the most talked about & scrutinized losses on this forum because of how it occurred & the fact that he's completely shutout everyone else. When a fighter wins a record 95% of all the rds he's ever competed in while stopping nearly 90% of his entire opposition while winning 12 of the 15 rds to the two "supposed best fighters he's ever faced..

only to lose because of doctor stoppages while well ahead & completely & thorughly outbox/outslug.... outthrow & outland EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER HE;S EVER FACED WHILE BEING THE ONLY FIGHTER TO EVER DO THIS... comes a time when his opposition is merely a witness & has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO with the desired results & everything to do with Vitali Klitschko dictating the outcome...

if we ALL kept it real & NOT phony & agenda oriented that's the ONLY thing that can be deciphered from his unprecedented boxing career... for crying out loud.. he's got EVERY physcial advantage in the book over every single fighter that's ever fought... if that's not ample evidence... i don't know what is.
      He landed 8 more punches than lil Chris Byrd and was being back up the consistently before quitting. You're right my friend, lets have no agenda's and keep it real.

Comment

I hate to say it but the more I look at Vitali's career, the only thing he'll ever be remembered for is the guts he showed in defeat to Lennox Lewis and the fact that he still lost when Lennox was past it.

Now, it's great that he gave an almighty effort to try and match Lennox punch for punch (that uppercut would have knocked anybody out IMO) but he still lost.

I held the belief for many years that Vitali would have knocked him out but the more I watch that fight, the more I reckon Lennox would have blasted him out within the next few rounds.

I also don't want to admit it but I will...Vitali is running from David Haye. You could say David shouldn't have walked away from their fight a few years ago but it's too obvious Vitali is picking out Charr for an easy farewell fight.

Disappointing end to a somewhat decent career (I reckon he's overachieved TBH) when you look closely.

I reckon he'll get the HOF but only because he shares the name ''Klitschko'' with Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          He landed 8 more punches than lil Chris Byrd and was being back up the consistently before quitting. You're right my friend, lets have no agenda's and keep it real.
          You & I both know Byrd was nowhere near the vicinity of similar landed punches for the first 6 or 7 rds until Vitali gave him all the freebies in the world in the last couple of rds or so when he was in severe physical distress due to his shoulder. Even if Chris managed to somehow land the same amount of punches.. the tiebreaker will always be the velocity & torque of the shots & not so much the accuracy as with Byrd.. you'll always miss much more than you land. Vitali was the aggressor throughout & the judges scored it that way. Byrd.... just like Lennox took advantage in the last rd or two when Vitali's physical well being was in jeapordy as when he wasn't ailing they were getting dominated & everyone knows it but ONLY look at the result... & NOT how it was derived.

Comment

1. Has a very weak resume.

2. Linked to steroid usage as an amateur.

3. Only had 1 defense as Ring champion, every other title was paper as we all know his brother is the real champion.

4. Shamelessly ducked a rematch with Chris Byrd.

5. NEVER beat the top guy in his division.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
              I hate to say it but the more I look at Vitali's career, the only thing he'll ever be remembered for is the guts he showed in defeat to Lennox Lewis and the fact that he still lost when Lennox was past it.

Now, it's great that he gave an almighty effort to try and match Lennox punch for punch (that uppercut would have knocked anybody out IMO) but he still lost.

I held the belief for many years that Vitali would have knocked him out but the more I watch that fight, the more I reckon Lennox would have blasted him out within the next few rounds.

I also don't want to admit it but I will...Vitali is running from David Haye. You could say David shouldn't have walked away from their fight a few years ago but it's too obvious Vitali is picking out Charr for an easy farewell fight.

Disappointing end to a somewhat decent career (I reckon he's overachieved TBH) when you look closely.

I reckon he'll get the HOF but only because he shares the name ''Klitschko'' with Wladimir.
              Vitali is not running from Haye... but he should be ducking Charr (wtf is that all about). I will be highly disappointed if he spends his last fight or two with the likes of this dude. Vitali has to finish off his career Ko'ing both of the English foulmouthed & disrespectful pretenders that managed to survive all 12 rds with a Klitschko... anything else & i'll be questioning Vitali's pride factor.. those 2 need to get KTFO on principal alone.

Comment

Vitali is not running from Haye... but he should be ducking Charr (wtf is that all about). I will be highly disappointed if he spends his last fight or two with the likes of this dude. Vitali has to finish off his career Ko'ing both of the English foulmouthed & disrespectful pretenders that managed to survive all 12 rds with a Klitschko... anything else & i'll be questioning Vitali's pride factor.. those 2 need to get KTFO on principal alone.
                I would have preferred Stiverne over Charr. Can't believe Vitali would even bother with a no name like Charr.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                  I would have preferred Stiverne over Charr. Can't believe Vitali would even bother with a no name like Charr.
                  They're both no names... at least the other guy is his size if i'm not mistaken. Vitali has to go out with a Chisora.. Haye... A Mitchell... even make Areolla cry again before he thinks about those guys.

Comment

You & I both know Byrd was nowhere near the vicinity of similar landed punches for the first 6 or 7 rds until Vitali gave him all the freebies in the world in the last couple of rds or so when he was in severe physical distress due to his shoulder. Even if Chris managed to somehow land the same amount of punches.. the tiebreaker will always be the velocity & torque of the shots & not so much the accuracy as with Byrd.. you'll always miss much more than you land. Vitali was the aggressor throughout & the judges scored it that way. Byrd.... just like Lennox took advantage in the last rd or two when Vitali's physical well being was in jeapordy as when he wasn't ailing they were getting dominated & everyone knows it but ONLY look at the result... & NOT how it was derived.
                    Can you show me a stat that proves this? If not you're just suiting your own agenda. Are you really trying to tell us Byrd caught up in punches in just two rounds? He was backing him up since the second round. Come on now Jimmy, keep it real.

Comment

Can you show me a stat that proves this? If not you're just suiting your own agenda. Are you really trying to tell us Byrd caught up in punches in just two rounds? He was backing him up since the second round. Come on now Jimmy, keep it real.
                      Go count how many punches Byrd landed when Vitali wasn't defending & offending in the last rd or two... Byrd landed in bunches as opposed to flurries in the early rds. While I do admit he made Vitali miss alot almost as much as KJ did (no shame in that.. he kept on throwing anyways regardless as he;s programmed to do so no matter what).. so it could've been a little closer as Byrd closed out rds with featherfisted flurries that were practically mosquitoes hitting Vitali's jaw.. so yes Byrd had the much better connect % & wasn't getting dominated in the landed punches thrown in the early rds but no question he came on late to narrow the gap further.

Vitali did throw about twice as many shots that Byrd threw.. so he was making Byrd shet in his pants while having Ike nightmares everytime he unloaded a bomb that missed by a split second.. Who knows Vitali probably sensed he was about to get outlanded in a fight & couldn't bare the thought of that & therefore threw off his shoulder right on time... i would not be surprised one iota at Vitali's pride factoring in like that.
                      Last edited by jimmy1569; 06-29-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X