No announcement yet.

The top 5 reasons Vitaly doesn't belong in the HOF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
    Debating whether an alltime great heavyweight belongs in the hall of fame is not ridiculousness.. The guy is a three time belt holder.. he's 15-2 in championship fights 29-0 in non title affairs & ofcourse you know all the other stuff. Him & his brother have been untouched for the better part of a decade.. Name any other heavyweight title holder with as long a title reign that his Hof LEGITIMACY was in question? It's you that is being juvenial here & some have even bothered to tell you that here. Hate all you want but keep the hate real.
    You persistently ignore Jabs, mine, Poets and everyone elses question.

What is the point of barking on about long reigns, Championships won, KO percentages, win percentages and all other stats when the comp has been against woeful opposition??

So i ask again, WHO of any real note would you say are Vitali's 5 best wins???

Pretty please and with sugar on top, answer the fricking question without ducking like the way you have for most of this thread.

Comment

Debating whether an alltime great heavyweight belongs in the hall of fame is not ridiculousness.. The guy is a three time belt holder.. he's 15-2 in championship fights 29-0 in non title affairs & ofcourse you know all the other stuff. Him & his brother have been untouched for the better part of a decade.. Name any other heavyweight title holder with as long a title reign that his Hof LEGITIMACY was in question? It's you that is being juvenial here & some have even bothered to tell you that here. Hate all you want but keep the hate real.
      Jimmy, they're phony titles. There can only be one world champion, and that's Wlad. You're fond of saying Vitaly lets Wlad be champ, but it doesn't change the fact Wlad is the recognized champion. It doesn't change the fact Vitaly's comp is soft in comparison to truly all time greats. I'll be the first to say be certainly could have been up there on an all time list had he fought better comp. I rate him highly h2h, but I don't give points for that. You've either done it or you haven't. Vitaly hasn't so he falls short. That's juvenile? No, that's the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Since most people in this thread apparently finds Vitali not worthy for the HOF, I'd like to know which fighters already in the HOF that they find not worthy.
        Laszlo Papp being in bothers me. No way doe he have the credentials. He may have been great if his career was allowed to continue, and it was no fault it wasn't, but it certainly doesn't warrant induction in my opinion.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Jimmy, they're phony titles. There can only be one world champion, and that's Wlad. You're fond of saying Vitaly lets Wlad be champ, but it doesn't change the fact Wlad is the recognized champion. It doesn't change the fact Vitaly's comp is soft in comparison to truly all time greats. I'll be the first to say be certainly could have been up there on an all time list had he fought better comp. I rate him highly h2h, but I don't give points for that. You've either done it or you haven't. Vitaly hasn't so he falls short. That's juvenile? No, that's the truth.
            It was Lewis's title.. it was Holyfield's before that... Bowe.... Tyson's... Ali's... Vitali earned that title. He practically all but pried it losse from Lewis.... Lewis retired rather than hand it over to him .. so he fought Sanders for it.. Sanders was the WBO champion by beating Wlad.. so essentially he beat the Wbo Champion & he beat the Wbc champion into retirement.. he obviously can't beat Wlad up for obvious reasons otherwise he'd have had all the belts by now & all you's would be talking out your a$$$ses WHICH you are anyways. ONLY reason Vitali doesn't have this division unified is because of his brother.. & stop insinuating that Vitali picked up Lewis' BELT from the garbage..

. He should've had it in the first place that night he dominated him... he wasn't given the opportunity to take it off him in the rematch or after the 6th rd of the first fight.. He had to destroy Sanders.. anyways REGARDLESS of which belt was up for grabs.. whether it was Lennox.. Wbc or Sanders Wbo... He was the last person to fight & dominate & retire Lennox Lewis.. so the lineage is there.. tell that to the hALL of FAME COMMITTEE as that's how it really went down & NOT how you haters are twisting it to serve your agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              jab wishes he was my daddy.. all he is.. is just a blind & stubborn hater of a fighter for some warped reason & refuses to give him his due because he's jealous of the success he's had & the fact that his dominations dwarfs the performances of all who came before him.. It's a natural reaction to get defensive when your idols of the past are getting outdone..

SO YOU FIGHT to hold on to any bit of pride that's left... You idiots act as if I'M bringing Kobe Bryant into the mix & stating he's outdone MJ.. when he's nowhere near him in numbers.. skills.. intelligence or any other positive attributes including scoring. Vitali Klitschko SIMPLY kicks THE a$$$$ OF ANY of your oldtime greats.. he's got the size on his side.. he's got the numbers on his side he's dominated everyone who's ever dared come into the ring with him..

That's all he can do.. you can't do better than that.. impossible when you've done it more decisively than anyone else.. Who's HE BEAT> he's beat THE **** out of everyone WILL ALWAYS BE My answer... your honor...... Could HE HAVE DONE MORE? iMPOSSIBLE yOUR HONOR... he wasn't afforded the opportunity to fight anyone else... so he did what anyone else would've done & that is face what was in front of him & concentrate on destroying them to the point where no one will ever question whether he can compete & domainate against anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                You persistently ignore Jabs, mine, Poets and everyone elses question.

What is the point of barking on about long reigns, Championships won, KO percentages, win percentages and all other stats when the comp has been against woeful opposition??

So i ask again, WHO of any real note would you say are Vitali's 5 best wins???

Pretty please and with sugar on top, answer the fricking question without ducking like the way you have for most of this thread.
                Woeful Opposition Is your opinions of the fighter's he's faced.. sure some have been woeful but most were MADE to look more woeful than they actually were & therein lies the difference where you guys can't seem to grasp that concept.

7 best he's beaten Peter.. Adamek Areolla Sanders Gomez/ kirk Johnson.. Solis

nothing wrong with that list... Champions are being represented.. undefeated up & comer's... legend slayers.. amateur alltime greats... It's all in there... son!

Comment

Woeful Opposition Is your opinions of the fighter's he's faced.. sure some have been woeful but most were MADE to look more woeful than they actually were & therein lies the difference where you guys can't seem to grasp that concept.

7 best he's beaten Peter.. Adamek Areolla Sanders Gomez/ kirk Johnson.. Solis

nothing wrong with that list... Champions are being represented.. undefeated up & comer's... legend slayers.. amateur alltime greats... It's all in there... son!
                  If you don't think there's anything wrong with those seven, you need to be sectioned.

They would be the dregs in any other era and hey wouldn't even make it past the Amateurs. However, thanks to a dramatic drop in standards, skill, ability and conditioning, they've managed to sneak through.

Comment

It was Lewis's title.. it was Holyfield's before that... Bowe.... Tyson's... Ali's... Vitali earned that title. He practically all but pried it losse from Lewis.... Lewis retired rather than hand it over to him .. so he fought Sanders for it.. Sanders was the WBO champion by beating Wlad.. so essentially he beat the Wbo Champion & he beat the Wbc champion into retirement.. he obviously can't beat Wlad up for obvious reasons otherwise he'd have had all the belts by now & all you's would be talking out your a$$$ses WHICH you are anyways. ONLY reason Vitali doesn't have this division unified is because of his brother.. & stop insinuating that Vitali picked up Lewis' BELT from the garbage..

He won the title from Sanders, who won it from his brother. He than had one defense and retired. When you retire you don't just get to keep the title when you come back, you have to earn it. Without fighting his brother (disappointing but understandable) he could never earn it back. It wasn't the case with Jefries, it wasn't the case with Louis and it isn't the case with Vitaly in spite of what the money mongering WBC says. So to win it he beat one guy with one win over a top 10 fighter.....defended it once against a guy with no ins over a top 10 fighter. Came back and has fought a string of pretenders or guys who had padded records to get their shots and have so far done little since. That is hardly great whether Vitaly has that potential or not.

. He should've had it in the first place that night he dominated him... he wasn't given the opportunity to take it off him in the rematch or after the 6th rd of the first fight.. He had to destroy Sanders.. anyways REGARDLESS of which belt was up for grabs.. whether it was Lennox.. Wbc or Sanders Wbo... He was the last person to fight & dominate & retire Lennox Lewis.. so the lineage is there.. tell that to the hALL of FAME COMMITTEE as that's how it really went down & NOT how you haters are twisting it to serve your agenda.
                    Winning the first 4 rounds of a 12 round fight and having your face battered unrecognizable to the point a doctor thinks there is a possibility of permanent damage is not dominating. It's not even winning. The best you can say is its losing while making a great effort and showing tremendous heart. Than again, you've already admitted in this thread to spewing propaganda so we know you will keep trying to twist the reality of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                      If you don't think there's anything wrong with those seven, you need to be sectioned.

They would be the dregs in any other era and hey wouldn't even make it past the Amateurs. However, thanks to a dramatic drop in standards, skill, ability and conditioning, they've managed to sneak through.

They all wouldn't be dregs, but none inspire so much as to call Vitaly great for beating them. Thats real talk.

Comment

Working...
                      X