Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Junior Middleweight Mix: What About Erislandy Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    My hat's off to Carlos for being an overachiever, but he's not of the same quality as Erislandy Lara.
    Yours is not exactly an unbiased opinion. In my view Molina beat Lara.

Comment

Lara is the most avoded fighter in boxing...he'll take Alvarez apart which is why GBP won't let the fight happen...

Comment

Lara is the most avoided fighter in boxing...he'll take Alvarez apart which is why GBP won't let the fight happen...

Comment

An intriguing fact: ESPN sport journalist Diego Morilla has recently stated that he had the chance to interview Lara and it was a disappointing experience. According to Morilla, Lara didn't even know the names of most of the fighters in his division and he admitted that he didn't follow boxing. Apparently, Lara is in it for the money (a respectable option), but Morilla found his lack of spirit lamentable.

Lara is a blend of talent and apathy. He has never been hungry for glory, and that will make a difference in his major fights.

I admire Cuban boxing style but I think that Morilla's mistrust can be applied to other Cuban boxers.
          Last edited by afterpunk; 06-28-2012, 06:27 AM.

Comment

lara leaves him self open for the right hand canelo should beat him

molina/canelo thats a toss up for me

Comment

Hopefully Lara just smashes this bum he's stuck fighting and then can get a more interesting fight next time out. I am glad he's staying active though. If you can't get a big fight don't just sit around and not fight. Take a fight that will be televised and then just dominate. He gets another first round KO he'll create more buzz, even if it is against a nobody. If he can't get huge fights then fight at least 4 times a year on TV. He's still young enough and has taken very little damage. He can't be avoided forever, but don't make the mistake Paul Williams made and wait around too long for big fights.

Comment

Lara is one of the most avoided fighters in boxing right now. I think he needs to clear that Molina blemish on his record and keep fighting and winning.

Goes to show you how much of a warrior Paul Williams was though. He fought everybody.

Comment

Great article by Cliff Rold. He put it right on the bulls eye. If I were Lara, I would be very disappointed in the job that Golden Boy is doing with his career. Lara is being pushed to the side because he's a great fighter that poses a big threat but unfortunately lacks the good looks and charisma to make him a super star like Canelo.

It's a damn shame. At the end of the day, it's all about the Benjamins and the CREAM (Cash Rules Everything About Me - CREAM).

Comment

The Racket Squad: Lara Would Expose The Red Headed Stranger

I had suggested this premise from the moment Williams misfortune became the sporting world's loss.
                    Lara, with under 20 Pro starts would confuse, confound and defeat Saul with an elegant ease.
                    His style would impliment a defeat that Alvarez would have a difficult time recovering from.
                    Should Chavez defeat Sergio, De La Hoya and company would surely want a taste of that action. Lara could easily derail that train.

The Ginger Man appears to be ready to take our PPV money but certainly not against the most difficult 154 pounder available.

Until Golden Boy is prepared to promote their next 'big thing' with a game opponent that enlists skills determined to provoke a win, let Showtime air their meaningless 'keep busy' Canelo exhibitions.
                    Allow the rest of us to enjoy what should be a great September Middleweight offering.

Comment

Originally posted by afterpunk View Post
                      An intriguing fact: ESPN sport journalist Diego Morilla has recently stated that he had the chance to interview Lara and it was a disappointing experience. According to Morilla, Lara didn't even know the names of most of the fighters in his division and he admitted that he didn't follow boxing. Apparently, Lara is in it for the money (a respectable option), but Morilla found his lack of spirit lamentable.

Lara is a blend of talent and apathy. He has never been hungry for glory, and that will make a difference in his major fights.

I admire Cuban boxing style but I think that Morilla's mistrust can be applied to other Cuban boxers.
                      That is interesting. Because you'll see articles on Boxingscene were Lara is calling out fighters, or talking trash about certain guys.

It seems pretty obvious that those articles are really the words of his promoter and not Lara himself. Does Lara even speak English?

Comment

Working...
                      X