No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Bradley Has To Make it Ugly or Gets Beat Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    Box on the outside and hold on the inside (thus ugly). I don't see him winning within an inside brawling strategy, he can do a little of that.
    Well said..

Comment

I don't know about "brawling" necessarily, but I think Bradley has a better inside game than Manny and should stick to a closer distance as much as he can. Coming in is when he's liable to get nailed, so some mauling and muscling around would be prudent, I'd say. He actually has good speed and reflexes, so I'm curious to see how well he does on the outside, but as that lunatic Teddy Atlas would say, in or out. And watch your ass in between.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
        Why can Roy make intelligent comments on what other fighters must do but he does not make intelligent decisions on his own career? I agree with him nonetheless. I find this fight eerily similar to Mayweather-Ortiz in that ppl started believing the hype in Ortiz but if you were honest he was never on Floyd's level. I wanna believe Bradley can pull off the upset but Manny is really good and has a butt load of power.
        This is a good post!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing, and unlike Ortiz!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
          Why can Roy make intelligent comments on what other fighters must do but he does not make intelligent decisions on his own career? I agree with him nonetheless. I find this fight eerily similar to Mayweather-Ortiz in that ppl started believing the hype in Ortiz but if you were honest he was never on Floyd's level. I wanna believe Bradley can pull off the upset but Manny is really good and has a butt load of power.
          My bad meant I like Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
            The blue print to beat Pac has been laid out 3 times by JMM. The question is can Bradley implement that game plan, or can he show there is another one?
            Bradley does not have the defense or counter punching ability to pose the same type of problems Marquez did. He is nowhere near the boxer or tactician Marquez is. People hoping to see Bradley do the same are setting themselves up for disappointment!

Comment

Jones Jr also said that Khan is the only guy that might beat Floyd. The legend knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Bradley will win or lose sticking to his identity. It will be ugly, frustrating and at times exciting with great exchanges, but it won't be a pure boxing match where Bradley suddenly discovers top class counter-punching.

What I want to know is if Manny can control himself enough to not engage too much on the inside, but rather take a step back to counter. It will be a tough affair if Manny's leg cramps up again, though.

Comment

It should be noted that Ricky Hatton's gameplan was to charge straight in an maul Pacquiao to death on the inside. Not comparing Hatton to Bradley, but charging in with his head first will end in a disaster.

Comment

Roy is spot-on. People he are seriously exaggerating Bradley's technical ability. The guy has a ton of heart but is not technically sound, not on an elite level at least. That will be clear tonight. I think the 24/7 shows are swaying people's perceptions here.

Comment

Working...
                    X