No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Bradley Has To Make it Ugly or Gets Beat Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
    Why can Roy make intelligent comments on what other fighters must do but he does not make intelligent decisions on his own career? I agree with him nonetheless. I find this fight eerily similar to Mayweather-Ortiz in that ppl started believing the hype in Ortiz but if you were honest he was never on Floyd's level. I wanna believe Bradley can pull off the upset but Manny is really good and has a butt load of power.
    Roy is my favorite fighter of all time but I say the same thing. The funniest advice he ever gave was in the Williams-Lara fight, saying Williams needs to retire. I just smirked to my dad like "Wow, are you hearing this guy?". Perfect example of "Look who's talking".

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      I see what you're suggesting, but Roy most likely means "make it ugly in a controlled, intelligent way." Not crash in head first wind milling.
      Lol that's what comes to mind when I think "make it ugly".

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
        Why can Roy make intelligent comments on what other fighters must do but he does not make intelligent decisions on his own career? I agree with him nonetheless. I find this fight eerily similar to Mayweather-Ortiz in that ppl started believing the hype in Ortiz but if you were honest he was never on Floyd's level. I wanna believe Bradley can pull off the upset but Manny is really good and has a butt load of power.
        Bradley > Ortiz and it ain't even close. Tim has faced adversity, doesn't fold and has never quit, pretty much beat every opponent they put in front of him, how the hell does Ortiz compare to that?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          I see what you're suggesting, but Roy most likely means "make it ugly in a controlled, intelligent way." Not crash in head first wind milling.
          Actually,in the article, Roy tells him not to stay smart and box.

So yea, I think he actually means make it ugly by bull dozing in, using the head, fouls or doing whatever he has to do to make it ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Actually,in the article, Roy tells him not to stay smart and box.

So yea, I think he actually means make it ugly by bull dozing in, using the head, fouls or doing whatever he has to do to make it ugly.
            I hear you, but Roy is being quoted, he's not writing an article. You know how Roy talks... "Stay smart" and "try to box" both mean the same thing. He's saying Bradley will get cut down if he tries to exchange with Pacquiao in a tactical shootout. At least that was my interpretation.

You did make a very valid point however.

Comment

just retire fool before the sport retires you.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Bradley has to take his time and box.

If he makes it ugly, he gets KO'd.

Agreed, He gets KO brutally if he makes it ugly, He just needs to be relax and use the ring to his advantage, move back when Pac comes in and basically do what the old, shot and war torn Mosley couldnt do no more because his body just wouldnt allow him to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatebobarum View Post
                  just retire fool before the sport retires you.
                  So Roy's opinion means nothing unless he retires???????

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Agreed, He gets KO brutally if he makes it ugly, He just needs to be relax and use the ring to his advantage, move back when Pac comes in and basically do what the old, shot and war torn Mosley couldnt do no more because his body just wouldnt allow him to do it.
                    I agree with your post.

If Cotto and Hatton couldn't bully Pac, I seriously doubt Tim can.

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
                      The blue print to beat Pac has been laid out 3 times by JMM. The question is can Bradley implement that game plan, or can he show there is another one?
                      I don't think so.

That blueprint resulted in 0-2-1. Should have been 0-3-0, if the one judge knew how to score a 10-6 round.

Comment

Working...
                      X