No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: R. Mayweather Jabs Miguel: Floyd Beat Cotto's Ass Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Outside of the fact that Cotto did win 2 rounds.

Everything Roger said is right.
    Margarito beat Miguels ass. Pacquiao beat Miguels ass. This was on par with friggin Mayorga. Don't flatter yourself Roger.

Comment

Truth is cotto was only a threat to himself fighting the way he did that night. He's lucky floyd didn't get to ko him. If the fight was 15 rounds cotto would'nt have made it to the end. still, i was impressed with cottos' relentlessness. He gave it his all. Dude kept coming and swinging, coming and swinging. even though he was getting pummeled with some massive shots. He made the fight a bit more difficult for floyd but I wonder how much of this was because floyd wanted the fight to go this way.. Cottos' a true warrior and i hope PR's can start respecting him and holding him in a higher reverence than they do Trinidad.

Cotto always has been>>>>Trinidad.
      Last edited by Agent Mulder; 05-26-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Floyd himself said cotto was his toughest fight ever in the post fight interview. Roger mayweather is a D*ckhead who doesnt have an ounce of humility in his body, he's always trashing other fighters and only ever compliments his nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          roger being classy as always. you mad cuz miguel had your nephews nose leakinn???
          I think this. Uncle toothless has to keep up the 'front'.

Mayweather won and while it wasn't close, it was far from easy.

Comment

if easy means that floyd lost 5 rounds to cotto while having a busted and bleeding nose for 9 of 12 and made comments that a past prime war torn and battered cotto was his toughest fight ever, then ya ok.

Comment

Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
              Margarito beat Miguels ass. Pacquiao beat Miguels ass. This was on par with friggin Mayorga. Don't flatter yourself Roger.
              What was on par with Mayorga?

Comment

"In the wake of his performance there is much interest revolving around Cotto's next move"

“You got to realize what I always tell people — this is also a business,” Mayweather, 35, said. “This is also a business. If Pacquiao didn’t get his hand raised, then facing Floyd Mayweather would be down the drain, cause the world billions of dollars, so economic-wise they know what they’re doing. Even like with the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight, we have to make it very, very interesting in saying it’s a split decision. A fighter know when he got his ass kicked.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...-judges--52465

Based on the above quoted text, does anybody think that the outcome of the fight, or at least the way it was fought, could have been to keep Cotto as a "money maker" in the sport?

I know that this sounds crazy. Spare me the comparisons of how Floyd and Manny's performances contrast from one another.

I'm not trying at all to take away from Miguel Cotto, he has been great for the sport. Based on what Floyd said (quoted from a different article) it got me thinking, what would be the interest in Cotto's future in the sport if he got dominated and/or stopped by Floyd?

There wouldn't be any. A lot of people would be calling for Miguel to retire.

With the way things worked out, Miguel is now/still viewed as a credible opponent that poses a legit threat to anyone at or near 154, whether or not it really is the case. In my opinion he has been, and still is.

With the way he lost to Floyd, you can make a Canelo fight, Ortiz, etc. There are a lot more possibilites for Cotto to stick around and make some money for himself, and opportunites for younger fighters to establish themselves and benefit from a fight with Miguel.

Floyd is making the amount of money he made for the Cotto fight regardless of what the outcome was or what type of fight it was. But now, you have Cotto who, seems like he is as big of, or even a bigger draw than he ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Outside of the fact that Cotto did win 2 rounds.

Everything Roger said is right.
                  Yes but what he's wrong about is quite crucial and make his entire argument sound dumb.

Roger is biased and stubborn. I wouldn't expect anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    Based on the above quoted text, does anybody think that the outcome of the fight, or at least the way it was fought, could have been to keep Cotto as a "money maker" in the sport?

Comment

"Miguel Cotto is the best fighter I have ever fought" -Floyd Mayweather >>>> "Cotto didn't win a round"-Roger Mayweather.Ill take it from the man who was IN the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X