No announcement yet.

Arum: Pacquiao to make $26 million + for Bradley fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
    Lets get this straight I never said the offer had to be fair because I do know as well business is rarely fair. What I am saying that the offer is not even a launching point to even get to say 70/30 I think 60/40 is doable.

Truthfully I think PBF will eventually offer Manny a percent of the ppv money. That is the only way the fight gets done. How can PBF justify giving Cotto a percentage of ppv money and tell Manny he is not getting any ppv money?
    Ok a few things. I know you didn't say that but I was just expressing my point about Floyd and his business stand point.

I don't think Floyd will offer Manny a split because he's that harsh when it comes to money. Floyd respects Cotto and gave him a share. I don't think Floyd respects Pac due to his reluctance to test and the fact that he works with Bob Arum. Floyd doesn't want Bob to make a dime. Again, if Bob was out of the picture I can see Floyd giving him a PPV cut. Maybe he needs to plant the seed in Pac's head. Leave Bob and you get a fair offer.

At the end of the day Floyd will not be fair and it will take Pac and Pac alone to get beyond that and make the fight. Bob won't allow it as he wants his hands in the cookie jar too. but will he continue pushing the fight away until they are forced to accept or will pac leave Bob?

Either way I see the fight going down, but not until Pac leaves Bob or they take what Floyd offers them because they have no option but to take it or retire. Sad but that's what I think will go down,

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      TRue. But i'd hope the pacfans of this boardwont settle for their guy beating JMM again. I'm pretty sure Glen Throwbridge already has his card completed. Manny 115-113.

hahahaha so true.

whats even funnier, is the dude on the previous page said pac could weigh in at 150 against sergio and still give him a run for his money.... thats right, he actually said it and I'm 95% certain he believes it.

you know those "Save the hungry children" commercials for like 69 cents a day and shlt, I think there should be something similar to help the psychological struggle of most pacstans. though no amount of money on earth will help them recover from their illness, at least someone can make some bank on it...

Comment

How you and your colleagues use this site is not my concern. I want floyd to fight sergio after he beats manny. Makes sense. Floyd should finish his hit list, then take the glory fights like Sergio and Canelo.
        floyd taking on sergio for his next fight after his jail time would be the best move for floyd. most boxing fans want sergio vs floyd fight. i'll pay for it and even promote it myself. i just don't understand why you guys keep bringing up the pac fight which you obviously don't want in the first place. all you've been doing in that fight is defend roadblocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
          floyd taking on sergio for his next fight after his jail time would be the best move for floyd. most boxing fans want this fight. i'll pay for it and even promote it myself. i just don't understand why you guys keep bringing up the pac fight which you obviously don't want in the first place. all you've been doing in that fight is defend roadblocks.

Not one single person is defending the scared of blood, scared of needles, a temporary stadium needs to be built etc... Even Ariza is tired of it and just wants the fight to happen and pointed out that Bob Arum is the problem.

Maybe Pac will wise up and leave Bob like Cotto to also earn the largest purse of his entire life? Can I get a "amen" on two?

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Ok a few things. I know you didn't say that but I was just expressing my point about Floyd and his business stand point.

I don't think Floyd will offer Manny a split because he's that harsh when it comes to money. Floyd respects Cotto and gave him a share. I don't think Floyd respects Pac due to his reluctance to test and the fact that he works with Bob Arum. Floyd doesn't want Bob to make a dime. Again, if Bob was out of the picture I can see Floyd giving him a PPV cut. Maybe he needs to plant the seed in Pac's head. Leave Bob and you get a fair offer.

At the end of the day Floyd will not be fair and it will take Pac and Pac alone to get beyond that and make the fight. Bob won't allow it as he wants his hands in the cookie jar too. but will he continue pushing the fight away until they are forced to accept or will pac leave Bob?

Either way I see the fight going down, but not until Pac leaves Bob or they take what Floyd offers them because they have no option but to take it or retire. Sad but that's what I think will go down,
            AL Haymon has been doing this a long time and knows what the **** is up. Bob can try and cloud the truth but AL knows the "brass ring" in a floyd/manny fight is floyd losing. Manny's gonna have to take less to get his chance because two things will not change:

1. Floyd is a 1st ballot HOF fighter whether he beats manny or not.
            2. Since floyd losing is what people want to see, there will ALWAYS be someone to fill the bill.

Manny better realize that post JMM alot of people who thought he was the guy just don't anymore. Manny better realize in a minute people are gonna stop talking about floyd/manny and start talking about floyd/sergio, floyd/canelo or floyd/khan.

The Money will ALWYAS be there until and unless floyd loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primera View Post
              do i need to remind you that you're banned on both baracuda and punchville and still posting?
              they are not me..

Comment

I don't know what Manny's contract with Arum is but I am of the opinion that its long enough to the point of where PBF and Manny will no longer be fighting by the time Manny is a promotional free. Arum will never accept a deal like what is on the table now. So IMO the fight is not going to happen.

The underlined is 100% true and the bold is more than likely true also.

If Manny hasn't left Arum by now based on what VisionQuest told him then that is not going to happen.

Comment

AL Haymon has been doing this a long time and knows what the **** is up. Bob can try and cloud the truth but AL knows the "brass ring" in a floyd/manny fight is floyd losing. Manny's gonna have to take less to get his chance because two things will not change:

1. Floyd is a 1st ballot HOF fighter whether he beats manny or not.
                  2. Since floyd losing is what people want to see, there will ALWAYS be someone to fill the bill.

Manny better realize that post JMM alot of people who thought he was the guy just don't anymore. Manny better realize in a minute people are gonna stop talking about floyd/manny and start talking about floyd/sergio, floyd/canelo or floyd/khan.

The Money will ALWYAS be there until and unless floyd loses.
                  Maybe Pac can counter offer Floyd by stating he'll leave Bob if he gets a cut of that PPV?

Comment

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                    floyd taking on sergio for his next fight after his jail time would be the best move for floyd. most boxing fans want sergio vs floyd fight. i'll pay for it and even promote it myself. i just don't understand why you guys keep bringing up the pac fight which you obviously don't want in the first place. all you've been doing in that fight is defend roadblocks.

The only people who dont want to see a floyd/manny fight are Bob, Roach and pac's diehard fans like yourself. I know you don't wanna see manny lose, especially to someone who has shown him absolutely no respect.

Comment

Not one single person is defending the scared of blood, scared of needles, a temporary stadium needs to be built etc... Even Ariza is tired of it and just wants the fight to happen and pointed out that Bob Arum is the problem.

Maybe Pac will wise up and leave Bob like Cotto to also earn the largest purse of his entire life? Can I get a "amen" on two?
                      that's why it's best to forget about arum and pac if i were floyd fans. there is dibella waiting for floyd's phone call. martinez will accept everything floyd demands.

this pac fight for floyd is clearly making your lives miserable. why go through all that? there is sergio waiting for floyd.

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      The only people who dont want to see a floyd/manny fight are Bob, Roach and pac's diehard fans like yourself. I know you don't wanna see manny lose, especially to someone who has shown him absolutely no respect.
                      dude, it's floyd fans who are blocking this fight.

Last edited by tomhawq; 05-25-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X