Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO and Showtime pass on froch v bute!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showtime has Lucian Bute under a 3 fight contract. Bute only has one fight left under that contract so Showtime wants Bute to fight Ward. Otherwise HBO will snatch up the fight and all the money Showtime invested on Bute and Ward will go to waste. Not taking Bute vs Froch is a smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Not good enough, I hope Epix ends HBO and Showtime's dominance in American boxing broadcasts.

Showtime more to blame than HBO, who is in charge there? I need to know who that idiot is.
      never said it was a good reason but thats the reason they are not showing the fight.

not to many cable companys have epix

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Showtime has Lucian Bute under a 3 fight contract. Bute only has one fight left under that contract so Showtime wants Bute to fight Ward. Otherwise HBO will snatch up the fight and all the money Showtime invested on Bute and Ward will go to waste. Not taking Bute vs Froch is a smart move.
        it sucks for us fans but thats the reason they are not showing it

Comment

It looks unlikely that Ward will fight on Showtime any time soon, he's HBO bound. Also, even if that was their reasoning, why wouldn't they offer Bute a one fight extension, or buy the fight as a one off?

Comment

This. Although Showtime could negotiate another contract.

Comment

Originally posted by FUC_U_PAYME View Post
              Hbo reason
              bute is a showtime boxer he has one more fight with showtime hbo will not show his fights so he can go back to showtime and make them more money.

Showtime reason
              showtime want to show bute last fight with the network with the winner of the super six not the guy that came in second place
              This right here.............

Comment

Froch has a ****e following as well, along with many of the other reasons this fight hasn't taken place. He rode off Calzaghes name for too long, too late in his career and while he is an aggressive fighter with an entertaining style he isn't good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  It looks unlikely that Ward will fight on Showtime any time soon, he's HBO bound. Also, even if that was their reasoning, why wouldn't they offer Bute a one fight extension, or buy the fight as a one off?
                  not sure why they did not do that but that was the reasoning going around when they first signed the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    That's why I probably wouldn't get it either. I have the digital plan(hd/dvr, and then a whole bunch or other stations, showtime, and hbo), and high speed internet through them and I pay 140 damn dollars and that's on a one year specialty plan! Every year they try to hike it up and I b1tch and they bring me down but still, 140 dollars is a lot of money. One year the plan expired and they fuking wanted to charge me like 260 dollars, I nearly **** a brick.
                    YOu are getting jobbed my friend. I pay 112$ and I have HD Show HBO and internet
                    Time warner baby haha
                    but I dont think I get Epix either : (

Comment

Working...
                    X