No announcement yet.

HBO and Showtime pass on froch v bute!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Hmmm what? That fight was on Showtime bro.

Yeah they're probably waiting to see if they can get Ward/Dawson. Good fight in terms of rankings and significance but it'll be boring for a lot of fans.
    F*** that, I'd rather watch Bute/Froch than Ward/Dawson. Either HBO or Showtime should know that, they can't both think otherwise, it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Hmmm what? That fight was on Showtime bro.

Yeah, I guess they did because it was part of the Super Six. Plenty of other fights they have passed on though. HBO and SHO aren't here to promote the best fights worldwide, and that's fine. Not to mention that Bute has one fight left with SHO and they don't want to burn it. It makes a whole lot of sense for them to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        F*** that, I'd rather watch Bute/Froch than Ward/Dawson. Either HBO or Showtime should know that, they can't both think otherwise, it's ridiculous.
        Really? You would rather watch the guy that got lit up by Ward, fight a guy that's still unproven than the number 1 SMW vs the number 1 LHW in the world? It's a more exciting fight but when it all boils down to it Dawson/Ward is the most talent in the ring between two fighters since what.......Morales/Pac 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Yeah, I guess they did because it was part of the Super Six. Plenty of other fights they have passed on though. HBO and SHO aren't here to promote the best fights worldwide, and that's fine. Not to mention that Bute has one fight left with SHO and they don't want to burn it. It makes a whole lot of sense for them to pass.
          It really doesn't make that much sense to pass it.

But, they did, and another network picked it up anyways. So it's all good.

Comment

Another thing I'd like to add is HBO/SHO don't care about us. By "us" I mean hardcore fans. Sure, on paper Froch/Bute is a great fight and probably better than Ward/Dawson(entertainment wise) but does HBO/SHO really care what hardcore fans want? They already got you, they know you're watching no matter what so their main goal is attract people that are lukewarm or casual watchers. What do you think is going to be more of interest to that group? Ward/Dawson, 2 P4P top fighters that are both Americans or Froch/Bute. You gotta look at it from the business side.

Comment

Really? You would rather watch the guy that got lit up by Ward, fight a guy that's still unproven than the number 1 SMW vs the number 1 LHW in the world? It's a more exciting fight but when it all boils down to it Dawson/Ward is the most talent in the ring between two fighters since what.......Morales/Pac 1?
              Yes, easily. Much more fan friendly fight. Dawson/Ward is going to be ugly for casual fans, and it's probable neither guy is going to look very good.

With Bute/Froch, either Bute looks great and wins, or Froch gives us something memorable and wins. Either way it will be far more entertaining.

Comment

Does it matter if one chef is technically better than the other if he serves up a crap meal?

Fight fans want to be entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                  It really doesn't make that much sense to pass it.

But, they did, and another network picked it up anyways. So it's all good.
                  When has HBO/SHO ever done big fights from overseas? The last big one they did was Calzaghe/Kessler or Klitschko/Austin. It's been over 5 years I believe.

Comment

I used him as an example, d1ck and this is where I tear your example apart. Froch beat some talented fighters because hes boxed for A LONG time. Do you realize that Mitchell pretty much has no amateur experience and made his career playing football. Of course he is going to be moved slowly you dolt! The dude was playing football up to the age of 22.

I tried to be respectful of your stupidity and not understanding why American networks showcase American fighters and don't give a **** about two European fighters fighting.

Now be fuking respectful.
                    U DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT FIGHTS SHOWTIME ARE SHOWING!

Who's the f***ing dolt now??

P.s Cant wait for mitchell to get KTFO!

Comment

im not surprised, its just an average fight imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X