No announcement yet.

HBO and Showtime pass on froch v bute!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Does it matter if one chef is technically better than the other if he serves up a crap meal?

Fight fans want to be entertained.
    Perhaps and that's why they like putting on good matchups but usually between a person that they would like to build upon(ie American). I mean they could certainly build around Bute, leading up to the Ward fight(which they did) but SHO is on their last fight with Bute. I would guess that HBO passed because at the time their budget was pretty tight. Not to mention if they did sign this fight and Bute looks good, then what....They spent all that money on one Bute fight, while SHO swoops in and takes Bute/Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      U DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT FIGHTS SHOWTIME ARE SHOWING!

Who's the f***ing dolt now??

P.s Cant wait for mitchell to get KTFO!
      I'm sorry I can't remember every fight, on every network. You're probably right about Mitchell, he is probably going to get kayoed down the line but your example of comparing Froch to Mitchell was dead wrong. Mitchell wasn't bred for boxing. He started much later than most.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        F*** that, I'd rather watch Bute/Froch than Ward/Dawson. Either HBO or Showtime should know that, they can't both think otherwise, it's ridiculous.
        Their goal is to get mainstream american fans to tune in so they want at least one recognizable american name on the bill.

Comment

Totally agree, probably the match of the year, two top fighters both top 3 in the division in a very competitive match up.

Their styles will blend well together and should be a great fight. Bute going to Froch's back yard to defend his belt.

Both got big power, both have the possibility of stopping one another.

Crazy decision.

HBO and Showtime should be ashamed of themselves.

People say Boxing is dying, well when the two American Boxing networks pass on a fight of this magnitude, it is, in America.

Somebody needs a slap.

Where is Del Boy when you need him

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            When has HBO/SHO ever done big fights from overseas? The last big one they did was Calzaghe/Kessler or Klitschko/Austin. It's been over 5 years I believe.
            Haye vs Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by d4thincarnation View Post
              totally agree, probably the match of the year, two top fighters both top 3 in the division in a very competitive match up.

Their styles will blend well together and should be a great fight. Bute going to froch's back yard to defend his belt.

Both got big power, both have the possibility of stopping one another.

Crazy decision.

Hbo and showtime should be ashamed of themselves.

People say boxing is dying, well when the two american boxing networks pass on a fight of this magnitude, it is, in america.

Somebody needs a slap.

Where is del boy when you need him
              great post.

P.s did anyone bet with you on kessler v green?

Comment

Hbo reason
                bute is a showtime boxer he has one more fight with showtime hbo will not show his fights so he can go back to showtime and make them more money.

Showtime reason
                showtime want to show bute last fight with the network with the winner of the super six not the guy that came in second place

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
                  great post.

P.s did anyone bet with you on kessler v green?
                  No, seems Green has no blind devoted fans

Boxing is a world sport with great boxers from all parts of the globe and great fights taking place all over the world now as well.

And that trend is only going to grow.

The American networks better get use to it or die out and kill off Boxing as a main stream sport in America.

Comment

Im thinking its a money issue. With how many Bute vs Nobody fights i've seen. Showtime had to have some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i'm pretty damn american and i've never heard of it outside of this site.

if you think network boxing over here you're talking about hbo and showtime

i dont even really know what it is and would have to do some research

is it a cable network?
                      a premium channel like HBO and showtime?
                      I think it's like one of those Fox sports networks, you have to get a sports package to pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X