No announcement yet.

who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
    how is whitakers resume better???how many hof's has he ebat list them......how many world champions has he beat?and what has calzaghe got to do with this??i said floyd beat more world champions than whitaker AND has had more title fight WHY??cause he was champion longer
    I just told you why Whitaker's resume is better.

Whitaker beat ATG's in or close to their prime, Mayweather arguably doesn't even have a prime HOF'er on his resume. Whitaker beat Azumah Nelson and Julio Cesar Chavez with ease.

Those two wins alone are better than anything on Mayweather's resume.

Along with plenty of other good wins he has under his belt.

Joe Calzaghe was an example used to show how wrong your logic was as to why Mayweather is greater.

You're saying Mayweather had more title fights and beat more champions means he's greater than Whitaker. Why?

As does Calzaghe, as does a long list. Are they also greater?

They also have more than Ray Leonard. Are they greater than him too?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
      Yup. When you say he never won shyt @ lightweight. It's 100% literal. Nelson is whopping 0-2 @ Lightweight.

While Marquez, started out his career @ Featherweight just like Nelson, but moved all the way up to Welterweight (2 division jumps) and actually DEFEATED the seemingly unstoppable #1 p4p fighter in the sport at the age of 38, 2 years removed from getting lopsidedly throttled by Floyd.

But somehow, Nelson ranks as a better win for pea, than Marquez for May. Even though Marquez is proven in the division he was defeated in, while Nelson is not.

Makes absolutely no sense.
      Marquez has proven he can beat Pacquaio. He has not really proven himself at 147.

Comment

same Nelson who lost to Genero who Floyd dominated.so Floyds Genero win>>>>Pernells Nelson win
        Oh dear

Comment

same Nelson who lost to Genero who Floyd dominated.so Floyds Genero win>>>>Pernells Nelson win

Yeah. Because that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Oh dear
            That's really the bottom of the barrel.

It can't get much worse than that.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Wow..I'm shocked at the poll. NSB has more boxing knowledge than I expected.
              This pool started heavily in Floyds favor actually

Im surprised it isnt a Floyd white wash actually

Comment

Marquez has proven he can beat Pacquaio. He has not really proven himself at 147.
                He hasn't proven himself @ 147...even though he beat the RING magazine's #1 fighter @ 147.

Comment

LarryX trolling away

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                    He hasn't proven himself @ 147...even though he beat the RING magazine's #1 fighter @ 147.

First of all, he beat him at 144. Second, I dont really care where the Ring rank Pacquiao.

Marquez has proven he can beat Pacquiao at 126 and 130. He just has Pacquaio's number. If he were to beat another welterweight like Ortiz or Berto then maybe I'd say he was proven at 147.

Comment

First of all, he beat him at 144. Second, I dont really care where the Ring rank Pacquiao.

Marquez has proven he can beat Pacquiao at 126 and 130. He just has Pacquaio's number. If he were to beat another welterweight like Ortiz or Berto then maybe I'd say he was proven at 147.

So he needs to beat inferior fighters to the fighter he's already beaten in the weight class. In order to truly prove himself in said weightclass?

oh
                      my
                      god.

Stop it. Just stop it. You lost the debate.

Mayweather's Marquez win > Pea's Nelson win

That's a fact. As i've irrefutably proven.

deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X