No announcement yet.

who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post

So he needs to beat inferior fighters to the fighter he's already beaten in the weight class. In order to truly prove himself in said weightclass?

oh
    my
    god.

Stop it. Just stop it. You lost the debate.

Mayweather's Marquez win > Pea's Nelson win

That's a fact. As i've irrefutably proven.

deal with it.
    It's not a fact, though.

Beating Nelson in his prime just one weight above his prior weight is obviously better than beating Marquez two weight classes higher than his last weight, outside his prime.

The fact that Marquez did more later in his career doesn't change that.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post

So he needs to beat inferior fighters to the fighter he's already beaten in the weight class. In order to truly prove himself in said weightclass?

oh
      my
      god.

Stop it. Just stop it. You lost the debate.

Mayweather's Marquez win > Pea's Nelson win

That's a fact. As i've irrefutably proven.

deal with it.
      He needs to beat welterweights at welterweight to prove himself at welterweight. Weird concept I know....

Beating Pacquaio was something he already proved he could do years ago. It didn't surprise me.

Comment

I love Pernell but Floyd has this,the poll to me just says we overrate history to much.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          It's not a fact, though.

Beating Nelson in his prime just one weight above his prior weight is obviously better than beating Marquez two weight classes higher than his last weight, outside his prime.

The fact that Marquez did more later in his career doesn't change that.
          There's no logical basis for that argument. None.

Prime or not, Marquez has (what should've been) a single better win against a prime opponent than any single win in Nelson's career. In the same exact weight class that he was routed by Floyd. While Nelson doesn't have one single win @ lightweight, the division where he was defeated by Pea. He's completely unproven in the division.

And i respect you as a poster. But you're wrong on this.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
            how is floyd's resume better when he has yet to face a legit prime hall of fame fighter?
            Cotto Mosley Marquez Judah Dlh are not Hof, Hatton isnt hof or how about Castillo or Coralles very foolish post sir.
            Last edited by MARKBNLV; 05-14-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              I love Pernell but Floyd has this,the poll to me just says we overrate history to much.
              History? it was just a little more then a decade ago that pernell fought
              Last edited by BoxingWizard27; 05-14-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingWizard27 View Post
                History? it was just a little more then a decade ago
                Yes which is history,Cotto Mayweather is history its over buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  First of all, he beat him at 144. Second, I dont really care where the Ring rank Pacquiao.

Marquez has proven he can beat Pacquiao at 126 and 130. He just has Pacquaio's number. If he were to beat another welterweight like Ortiz or Berto then maybe I'd say he was proven at 147.
                  so how the hell was Nelson proven at lightweight????he is fucking 0-2

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    Cotto Mosley Marquez Judah Dlh are not Hof, Hatton isnt hof or how about Castillo or Coralles very foolish post sir.
                    Key word was "prime"

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                      so how the hell was Nelson proven at lightweight????he is fucking 0-2
                      Didn't say he was "proven at lightweight" but I the jump in weight was not nearly as drastic as Marquez's to face Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X