No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum, Schaefer Discuss Mayweather-Pacquiao Solutions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
    FACT (paraphrasing Floyd's own words): Floyd has no confidence in accepting 45-45 and 10% to the winner because he believes he will end up in the hospital if and after he fights Pacquiao.
    I don't know why but I really do think money is scared of PAC even though I think he beats PAC resort than he did Cotto

Comment

I thought Arum was going to say 45 to Pacquiao and 55 to Mayweather. 10% or anything extra to the winner looks to be a good idea, but it just won't work. We all saw what happened to Richard Abril a few weeks ago. Clearly won the fight against Brandon Rios, got robbed, and missed out on the $50K bonus. How bad would Pacquiao-Marquez 3 have looked if there were a bonus for that fight? Most feel Marquez edged Pacquiao. Marquez would have missed out on the bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post
        I don't know why but I really do think money is scared of PAC even though I think he beats PAC resort than he did Cotto
        I don't think he's scared of Pacquiao, but that he's scared of losing.

Comment

Arum don't want it this is the most fair way, What type of excuse will Arum come up with he doesn't want to open his books i wonder why lol all of that fake talking they doing about wanting the fight well this is the most fair way open your books lets the accounting firm do their thing. Arum "um um no you can't see our numbers but um 50/50 Mayweather is spreading propaganda um we want the fight and whats fair you cant see my numbers though" and um if i have to open my books no random testing we want 30 day cut off Mayweather is scared" LMAO

Comment

I really think that the boxing consul should establish somekind of law that prevents carry picking divas from not fighting each other.
            The could simply make a law that says that pac and may hvae to fight before the can fighter other opponents period.

I know the liberals would think its a bad idea but something have to be done because this is clearly a huge source of fan frustration and in the end hurts boxing more then a potential law would.

Seriously the pac/mayweather fight needs to happen I am not even a fan of the two, I cant think of boxing without thinking when the hell are the gonna fight but the fight is so intriguing that it sucks even none boxing fans in , and then i picture floyd with all his money and cars and pac with enourgh money to by a country and it makes me angry because its us fans that payed for all that and that is cool but the the ****ing need to make this fight because its really because of prospect of the two finaly getting in the ring that have made fans watch there fights the last 3-4 years, make the fight or get the **** out of boxing both of you period

Comment

Arum has been lying he would be exposed which is why i don't see him doing it this is by far the most fair way, but trust me when i tell you some type of excuse from Arum is coming on why he cant do it. One side is willing to prove something cause they don't have anything to hide but the other side isn't sound familiar ? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                I really think that the boxing consul should establish somekind of law that prevents carry picking divas from not fighting each other.
                The could simply make a law that says that pac and may hvae to fight before the can fighter other opponents period.

I know the liberals would think its a bad idea but something have to be done because this is clearly a huge source of fan frustration and in the end hurts boxing more then a potential law would.

Seriously the pac/mayweather fight needs to happen I am not even a fan of the two, I cant think of boxing without thinking when the hell are the gonna fight, and then i picture floyd with all his money and cars and pac with enourgh money to by a country and it makes me angry because its us fans that payed for all that and that is cool but the the ****ing need to make this fight because its really because of prospect of the two finaly getting in the ring that have made fans watch there fights the last 3-4 years, make the fight or get the **** out of boxing both of you period
                What needs to happen is that people stop paying for sub-par fights - that's what perpetuates the situation. Anyone who buys their fights has no right to complain about them not fighting each other.

Comment

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR IS OBVIOUSLY PRICING HIMSELF OUT!

I don't understand why some people still can defend Floyd. My guess is they're just *****s!

If Packy, is doing what Mayweather is doing I'll spunk his head so that he can think straight!

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
                    What needs to happen is that people stop paying for sub-par fights - that's what perpetuates the situation. Anyone who buys their fights has no right to complain about them not fighting each other.
                    I agree but the reality is that people buy the fights as a part of the whole story and build of to a pac/may fight that never happens.

If floyd and Pac had signed a official statement 3 years ago that stated the two would never fight each other the two would not be where the are today.

Its not about who is right or who perpetuates the situation the only reason why the two are not fighting is because the can chose not to, the fans hvae zero control over that.

In amateur boxing tournaments it dossent work that way and you have to fight the best if you want to win gold and proclaim you are the best, and that is the background I come from and it works
                    Last edited by 110110110; 05-13-2012, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                      I agree but the reality is that people buy the fights as a part of the whole story and build of to a pac/may fight that never happens.

If floyd and Pac had signed a official statement 3 years ago that stated the two would never fight each other the two would not be where the are today.

Its not about who is right or who perpetuates the situation the only reason why the two are not fighting is because the can chose not to, the fans hvae zero control over that.

In amateur boxing tournaments it dossent work that way and you have to fight the best if you want to win gold and proclaim you are the best, and that is the background I come from and it works
                      I agree with you, but it will never happen - too much vested interest. I'm not a fan of boxing anymore because the best don't fight the best and fans celebrate mediocrity. Mayweather's fans are actually happy when he prices himself out of fights! I read some guy on here saying he would 'lose respect for Floyd' if he gave Pacquiao 50/50. Aren't we all bored of hearing about PPV numbers and purse splits? It's supposed to be sport, not politics.

Comment

Working...
                      X