No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum, Schaefer Discuss Mayweather-Pacquiao Solutions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by overcomer0620 View Post
    It would be more exciting if you do 40-40 split and 20 to the winner...let the fight begins......
    This would be interesting!
    It's a Fair Deal... Designed for greedy people!!!

If Mayweather has balls, he should take it!
    He's been saying Pac is easy a*s whoopin'... if that's the case then WHERE"S THE PROBLEM HERE?

Comment

The ducking continues...

Just months ago, Floyd was saying, "If he takes the test, we'll have the fight." Now we have this.

When he was promoting the Cotto fight this clown was back with his ped testing issues.

Man, how many people would this clown go on duping? Why can't he just admit he's never going to fight Pac so everyone can move on?

Comment

50/50 plain and simple. I can't believe I'm saying this but Arum's 45/45 & winner 10 is a good idea. Although we all know Floyd won't take that. Once the numbers come in for Pac/Bradley I think then there will be leverage on Mayweather's side. I don't see Pac/Bradley reaching 1.5 like Mayweather/Cotto just did. Cotto definitely had a lot to do with those numbers though. Bradley won't pitch in much to the Pacquiao fight so I see that one coming up short. If you really want to break it down, compare Pac/Cotto to Mayweather/Cotto. That's a good scale to base the negotiations off of. In the end it's gonna fall on Mayweather being reasonable in the negotiations or Pacquiao giving in to Mayweathers unreasonable demands. I see neither happening. Mayweather vs Pacquiao is gonna be the greatest fight that never was. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

40/40 or 45/45 split and the rest % goes to the winner...

Fair and square... lets get on with the fight.

Easy fight for floyd, so he must grab this deal.

Comment

FACT (paraphrasing Floyd's own words): Floyd has no confidence in accepting 45-45 and 10% to the winner because he believes he will end up in the hospital if and after he fights Pacquiao.
            Last edited by spoonwars; 05-13-2012, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Even with a 60-40 split, with the kind of money the fight generates, the loser would still earn much more than he ever had for a fight.
              But I suppose Mayweather does not want Arum to profit even a cent from his fights, so all this 'solutions' are pointless. Arum just has to get out of the picture completely so the fight can happen.

Comment

These guys (both sides) are so dumb, there is so much money here to be made and they are wasting time.

They should retire fighting each other in a Trilogy...60-40 to the winner in all 3 fights.

Floyd vs Manny 1
                Floyd vs Manny Rematch
                Floyd vs Manny Trilogy

They would never have to worry about money again. So as long as the fights are competitive fans will buy.

Comment

Originally posted by relego View Post
                  Even with a 60-40 split, with the kind of money the fight generates, the loser would still earn much more than he ever had for a fight.
                  But I suppose Mayweather does not want Arum to profit even a cent from his fights, so all this 'solutions' are pointless. Arum just has to get out of the picture completely so the fight can happen.
                  Pacquiao leaving Arum will never happen at this stage of his career, especially with Pacquiao likely leaving the sport after 2013 is done with. If Pacquiao left Arum while under contract, the lawsuits will fly and Pacquiao will be sidelined until retirement. That's why Floyd demanded this stupid term to let Arum be the scapegoat of his ducking ways and he knows it. Anybody with a decent brain knows that.
                  Last edited by spoonwars; 05-13-2012, 03:06 AM.

Comment

i suggest they add a arum boxing module to the ISS and stage the fight in space. winner gets a ticket back to earth , loser stays there for 1 more year, loses muscle mass and becomes irrelevant.

Comment

Even if Pacquiao and Mayweather agreed to 30-70% for the winner and 60-40% for the ppv, Floyd won't take it cause he would be at the short end of the money and he would have a loss. Floyd is open to left punches with the shoulder roll. Floyd is smart enough not to fight pacquiao. This fight will never happen, there both gonna retire soon cause there ain't nobody else to fight. Bet on that

Comment

Working...
                      X