Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao on Mayweather-Cotto, Stands Firm on 50/50 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on Floyd's last performance, Pac would surely beat him. So I don't have to see the fight. But keep on blocking it, Floyd, and stay looking like a duck for the rest of your life. I have no problem with that.

Comment

• first of all pac didnt knock cotto out. Secondly why should floyd share revenue with PAC.

Highest total PPV fight is Delahoya versus Mayweather
      AM i WRONG TO SAY PAC ALSO FOUGHT Delahoya.
      WHOSE UNDEFEATED

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Based on Floyd's last performance, Pac would surely beat him. So I don't have to see the fight. But keep on blocking it, Floyd, and stay looking like a duck for the rest of your life. I have no problem with that.

You never wanted to see the fight in the 1st place. You are not a boxing fan. You are a manny fan that likes to see manny punch and beat up stiffs. Nothing wrong with that just don't try and pass yourself off as something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          Heat in 5...unfortunately

they have an easy path to the finals
          I'll say Heat in 6. If it goes 5 then the NBA is back on its Tim Donaghy reffing style. Wait did that ever stop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Huh. I have never said pac should get no ppv split. SO stop saying you guys. I can't speak for others.

What's fair IMO, is both manny and floyd being resonable, say 55/45 or 60/40 floyd on the ppv. I'd be fine with 50/45 and 5% to the winner. But there is no evidence that pac should get 50/50.
            Floyd could also say 55/45 if he wins, 50/50 if Manny wins. I think that's fair also.

Comment

You never wanted to see the fight in the 1st place. You are not a boxing fan. You are a manny fan that likes to see manny punch and beat up stiffs. Nothing wrong with that just don't try and pass yourself off as something else.

so a boxing fan can't be a manny fan that likes watching him beat up stiffs?

when did you get certified as the authority of fanhood?

Comment

• Actually the latest RING ****zine laid out the revenue from both there fights. Manny actually has more 1M+ PPV's fights than Floyd. He is 2nd on the list behind Tyson and Floyd is tied for 3rd with Oscar.

When you take all the totals Floyd is approx $300,000 more ahead in revenue. Keep in mind he pulls ahead because of the 2.4 mil win Oscar. Oscar in that fight was the major draw by far, which is why he dictated every term of the fight. Floyd had never had a 1M+ PPV to this point.

This belief that Floyds #'s are so much better than Manny's is inaccurate. The only way this fight gets made is 50/50, bottom line. Those #'s are fact not opinion, and with that small of a margin it needs to be 50/50 and anything less I don't blame Manny for not accepting it. For the #' s to be that close for a non born American says alot, not to mention having more 1M+ PPV's.

I could understand 60/40 with 60 going to the winner, anything less is Floyd putting up road blocks for this fight. Just give the fans the fight they wanna see and make it 50/50.

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
                  I'll say Heat in 6. If it goes 5 then the NBA is back on its Tim Donaghy reffing style. Wait did that ever stop?

you really think that much of the Pacers?

i was already being generous by giving them a game

Comment

In the video manny says "there are no more issue with testing" and "there is only the purse split issues remaining". That is why i said it seems they are connected in the previous post.

I can respect your and irondan's points, I just think its unfair to ask floyd to give away what he worked for. Judge him however you will, it doesn't matter why he sells more, just that he does. He sells more for various reasons but either way he took the risks to get to this point.

For taking the risks, buying out TR contract, fighting ODH, creating different business model, he has earned the right to make more than the #2 guy.

How is that not fair?
                    And Pacquaio didn't work hard if not harder to get where he is?

Floyd will be earning more. His guarantee will be more. And Pacquaio has already publicly stated he is fine with Floyd getting a bigger guarantee in the infamous "He can have more than me" interview which people jumped on.

The difference in PPV sales is negligible considering how much each stands to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      so a boxing fan can't be a manny fan that likes watching him beat up stiffs?

when did you get certified as the authority of fanhood?
                      I was speaking about that poster individually and specifically. I was not making a generalization about all fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X