No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao on Mayweather-Cotto, Stands Firm on 50/50 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    you really think that much of the Pacers?

i was already being generous by giving them a game
    Just the match ups really Pacers are a real good team. They play together not all out of sorts like the dumbass NY Knicks. The Heat gonna have to bring it every game cause the Pacers will not be an easy out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      And Pacquaio didn't work hard if not harder to get where he is?

Floyd will be earning more. His guarantee will be more. And Pacquaio has already publicly stated he is fine with Floyd getting a bigger guarantee in the infamous "He can have more than me" interview which people jumped on.

The difference in PPV sales is negligible considering how much each stands to make.
      My only point is floyd worked to get the advantage. For anyone to ask him to give it up when it pays the most doesn't seem right, IMO. The difference is stiill the difference, no matter how much its minimized.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        you really think that much of the Pacers?

i was already being generous by giving them a game
        iM LOOKING FORWARD TO META WORLD WAR COMING BACK IN TIME FOR THE START OF THE LAKERS THUNDER SERIES!
        ITS GONNA BE A WAR!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          You never wanted to see the fight in the 1st place. You are not a boxing fan. You are a manny fan that likes to see manny punch and beat up stiffs. Nothing wrong with that just don't try and pass yourself off as something else.

you're no better...you're worse actually. look at you, you're the only floyd fan trying to justify floyd's ridiculous purse demand on a constant basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            My only point is floyd worked to get the advantage. For anyone to ask him to give it up when it pays the most doesn't seem right, IMO. The difference is stiill the difference, no matter how much its minimized.
            Well there'll always be a difference but fighters have agreed to 50/50 splits before. Theres no way it can be a 40m flat fee which is the current position.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
              you're no better...you're worse actually. look at you, you're the only floyd fan trying to justify floyd's ridiculous purse demand on a constant basis.
              When have I ever justified $40 mil no ppv? DOn't lie because you know manny doesn't deserve 50/50 split.

@dirk

Agreed. Unless manny has real tax problems, which I don't think he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                Actually the latest RING ****zine laid out the revenue from both there fights. Manny actually has more 1M+ PPV's fights than Floyd. He is 2nd on the list behind Tyson and Floyd is tied for 3rd with Oscar.

When you take all the totals Floyd is approx $300,000 more ahead in revenue. Keep in mind he pulls ahead because of the 2.4 mil win Oscar. Oscar in that fight was the major draw by far, which is why he dictated every term of the fight. Floyd had never had a 1M+ PPV to this point.

This belief that Floyds #'s are so much better than Manny's is inaccurate. The only way this fight gets made is 50/50, bottom line. Those #'s are fact not opinion, and with that small of a margin it needs to be 50/50 and anything less I don't blame Manny for not accepting it. For the #' s to be that close for a non born American says alot, not to mention having more 1M+ PPV's.

I could understand 60/40 with 60 going to the winner, anything less is Floyd putting up road blocks for this fight. Just give the fans the fight they wanna see and make it 50/50.
                Couldn't agree more my friend. I wish the dumbrods would understand the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  And Pacquaio didn't work hard if not harder to get where he is?

Floyd will be earning more. His guarantee will be more. And Pacquaio has already publicly stated he is fine with Floyd getting a bigger guarantee in the infamous "He can have more than me" interview which people jumped on.

The difference in PPV sales is negligible considering how much each stands to make.
                  Thats easy for Manny to say when PBF will be putting up part of his own money for his guarantee when it is Arum who will be putting up Manny's part. If I am wrong that then I stand corrected. If PBF is making more than Manny by 2 percentage points when it comes to ppv then let him have to the 2 percentage points. Hell if that gets the fight made then why not say yes to that I speaking from a standpoint that both sides should agree to that.

**** that 45/45 10% to the winner BS that is not a realistic offer. This fight if it goes to the cards will be based on a person's opinion not really who might have won. Wouldn't be right for a either fighter to get robbed and get less money cause of that robbery. We all have seen how messed up fights been scored lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by ONEBOX
                    Here's the thing though it's not like PAC is saying Floyd gets nothing so when u keep on saying Floyd worked hard to get the advantages yet PAC doesn't? It's a 50-50 split, both guys wouldn't be making these kinda number without the other. It's not like PAC is asking for more than Floyd, PAC is asking for an even split just like how Floyd wanted a fair fight so PAC must undergo ost.
                    Pac doesn't have advantages economically speaking, in the fight we are discussing. If this is manny fighting anyone else, manny has the advantage and would desrve the bigger purse. (And surely he wouldn't do 50/50 for the reasons some are suggesting).

Pac isn't asking for more than floyd but he IS asking for more than the numbers say he is worth when it comes to this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMACULATE View Post
                      first of all pac didnt knock cotto out. Secondly why should floyd share revenue with PAC.

Highest total PPV fight is Delahoya versus Mayweather
                      AM i WRONG TO SAY PAC ALSO FOUGHT Delahoya.
                      WHOSE UNDEFEATED
                      True he didn't knock cotto out. He Knock him down twice and disfigured his face.

Comment

Working...
                      X