No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao on Mayweather-Cotto, Stands Firm on 50/50 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    About the same as what MP promotions does...?
    Probably, yes.

But the difference is Manny Pacquaio is contracted to a promotional comany currently whereas Floyd Mayweather isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Probably, yes.

But the difference is Manny Pacquaio is contracted to a promotional comany currently whereas Floyd Mayweather isn't.
      Not to mention Mayweather Promotions having been a lead promoter in major fights before.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        they both sell similar numbers on ppv. they are both ranked 1 and 1a p4p. pretty simple really.

what request? the shambolic 40 mil or no fight request?
        See wha I mean with your response. P4P rankings have nothing to do with purse split. You say they have similar numbers, so they should split it even. This is both true and not true. floyd sells more. Manny sells less. Maybe not a lot less, but less.

The numbers do not suggest a 50/50 purse split. Manny, it seems, wants this in exchange for random OST. IMO, that is not a reason floyd should not take what the numbers say he is worth.

I'm sure you disagree.

Comment

• Pac should take the $40 mill with the stipulation that if he wins he would get 60-40 in a rematch. If he loses than no rematch clause would apply.
          There, I just solved Pacquiao/Mayweather!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Probably, yes.

Mayweather still needs Golden Boy to promote his fights whether he's contracted to them or not.

I kinda jumped in late here, what is the relevance of this to the thread?

Comment

• GBP benfits a great deal from promoting Floyd's fights also~

Floyd has allowed them to pull off what should have been a really difficult transition from Oscar being active to retiring fairly easily. He has kept their name in the light when all their guys were fading away, keeping them very relevant in the big time boxing picture. Without that it would be hard for GBP to keep their very skilled team together and it would be even harder to attract that next generation of talent.

It is mutually beneficial as it benefits Floyd also allowing him to just pay their fee and not be forced to keep a huge staff that creates tons of overhead for one fight a year. Plus not having to mess with that sort of thing just being able to focus on the fight.

Comment

• I'm no fan of Pac or May, but yes I do agree that the take should be 50/50 & PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                  No the truth is one (Floyd) deserves that status while the other (Manny) doesn't. One just broke the record for the largest purse in the history of boxing while the other hasn't seen 10 million for one fight in his bank account. Floyd would be absolutely foolish to even entertain parity with Manny. This latest statement from Manny is his way of clearly saying "HE DOESN'T WANNA ANY PART OF FLOYD MAYWEATHER". Manny knew fighting Cotto in his element (@54) wouldn't be good for his health which is why he demanded Cotto fight at a weight he doesn't fight at anymore. There was absolutely no hostility between Floyd and Miguel which lead to a respectful, sportsmanlike fight whereas there will be loads of hostility in a PBF/Pac fight. Manny knows he will get CRUSHED and HUMILIATED by Floyd, that's why the fight will not happen!!!

Im astounded.. All I get from these posts are that Floyd fans are the dumbest idiots on here... Why does every "fact" that comes from a flowmo seem to be regurgitated straight from Floyd's mouth; like Manny never seing more than 10 million for a fight.. If you believe that damn you are super ******. Remember when Floyd said Manny only signed 75k for nike... Flowmos ate that up too.. Education does wonders. And Floyd is his own boss too so says floyd***bullshiet...
                  Last edited by Alibata; 05-10-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Mayweather still needs Golden Boy to promote his fights whether he's contracted to them or not.

I kinda jumped in late here, what is the relevance of this to the thread?
                    Respectfully, both the new york times and espn did full articles on floyd's business model. I think everyone should be clear aboutr GBP's role.

Comment

• how do you sue a dude and then expect french benefits at the negotiation table?!?....at the end of the day they can split ALL that money however they want...one thing for sure, nobody in this thread gonna eat off those purses...well maybe 1 or 2 of you who might be rolling around on here deep cover....so it doesn't matter who eats what....all I know is that I'm not agreeing to do a 50/50 deal with some outta town ass dude who want me to pay his hooker and bible study bills for popping off at the mouth about something that can very well be true.....thats just me!!...if they fight cool...if not *** 'em!!

Comment

Working...
                      X