No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Augustus Was Tough, Cotto Was Tougher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
    In watching the fight, the biggest reason Cotto was his toughest challenge is because Floyd isnt the fighter he was even five years ago. His l hand speed is much slower, his punching power is much weaker, and his foot speed is non existent. At the age of 35, guys like Floyd, Roy Jones Jr, will have lost significant speed and power and it showed in Roy when he fought Tarver, and it showed in Floyd against Cotto. Floyd was never as fast or as athletic as Roy, but he is probably the fastest and most athletic since Roy, but his technique is probably the best ever, which will still allow him to get wins, but he will now be like a James Toney because his speed and power just arent there anymore. He is almost feather fisted at this point because he never was a huge puncher. More of an ok puncher with pinpoint accuracy. Roy had great power, with unbelievable handspeed, footspeed and reflexes. But for both of them, at the age of 35, you will no longer have your legs, your speed, or your power.
    no offense but heavier gloves,different weight classes have to be taken into account Floyd has power may not be KO power but he has pop.Feather fisted is my boy Paulie not Floyd. Plus he has been fighting more instead of boxing.He has lost a step but not to the extreme you are saying.But i do get where you coming from but lets at least see how he is when he gets back ww

Comment

People want to sit there acting like Cotto outboxed Mayweather or something lol. Cotto had an approximate 20 pound weight advantage over Mayweather and was able to bully him around the ring for the better part of the fight.

Pacquiao, in no way shape or form, could ever have that type of advantage against Mayweather lol.

There's a reason Pacquiao wouldn't fight Pacquiao above 147. Pretty simple.

EDIT: Meant to say wouldn't fight Cotto* lol my bad
      Last edited by mannyfresh209; 05-07-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
        Actually think Mayweather would have had an easier time.
        I agree the Cotto of now is much more mature and a lot better boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick561 View Post
          no offense but heavier gloves,different weight classes have to be taken into account Floyd has power may not be KO power but he has pop.Feather fisted is my boy Paulie not Floyd. Plus he has been fighting more instead of boxing.He has lost a step but not to the extreme you are saying.But i do get where you coming from but lets at least see how he is when he gets back ww
          Haha no one wants to note that Floyd had Cotto wobbled and ready to go out. And Floyd just started dancing around the ring, sparing some dignity.

Comment

Pacquiao will be TOUGHER.. Anyone who disagrees doesnt know boxing..

Comment

Originally posted by Taino79 View Post
              I agree the Cotto of now is much more mature and a lot better boxer.
              BOY will continue to AVOID Pac the MAN, too much POWER, and SPEED....
              Cotto EXPOSED, FRAUD, and Manny would BUST him up and STOP BOY....
              Boy knows this so he'll Very Wisely keep PUNKING OUT, with No Go OFFERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                Why do U think BOY has been wisely AVOIDED Pac,
                with the use of Stupid No Way Propositions!!!
                Such a Great Talent, but lacks the Balls, to TEST IT!!!

Comment

How soon everybody forgets how easily Mayweather handled Marquez and how much Pac struggles with him. And Pacman has yet to fight a 154 pound fighter. Having Margarito weigh 150 pounds for a 154 pound belt doesn't count. Who's really the fraud here??

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                    Not really, Cotto is so much more physically stronger and has a great jab, no way will Manny bullying Floyd against the ropes and landing his jab. Cotto's usually does great against boxers, which is why he looked good against Floyd. Pacquiao on the other hand can't beat a fighter with movement or a counter puncher and will look silly against Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                      Given the 10oz gloves and his weight, I was still quite surprised how fast he really was. His reflexes are still superior.
                      But his BALLS, and reluctance to fight the BEST, are FRAUDS Legacy;
                      Like Riddick Bowe, AVOIDING Lennox Lewis, U Think FRAUD
                      will Join the Marine Corps to prove his Manhood!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X