Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget all this nonsense bring on mayweather vs cotto 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxn View Post
      Now people know what im talking about.

All along fans have been saying they cant wait till pact@rds leave the board when Mannys career is over, but i cant wait till the floyd fans leave.
      Yeah, they are being crazy. So, what he had a tough fight why not praise a great fight and give both fighters props for digging in deep.... are you that threatened because Manny got a ko? Different styles make different fights and I knew this was going to be difficult for Floyd but it will help him measure where he is at and push him.

I'm a big Floyd fan, except in this fight because Miguel is my favorite but it's hard to come back to that side when you see all these fans trying to prop up Floyd or discredit a good performance from Miggy. It makes you wonder how many people on this site are strictly Floyd/Manny fans and how many actually enjoy the sport of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Fat dan put out a blog today saying floyd had hurt his wrist/hand in traing and had a cold. Apparently he went into the ring at 147.
        Iirc, before the fight dan asked mayweather if he was sick, and mayweather said no, it was just the changing of the seasons. Maybe he did have a cold, but imo i don think he played too big a factor.

Floyds hands are always hurt, and he certainly is no stranger to injecting xylocaine to numb his hands. I dont see it being any more of a factor than any of his previous fights.

not to take anything away from floyd, just sayin. It was a great fight, in which floyd shoed his greatness by rising above the tough challenge.

Comment

• I live in Puerto Rico & of course I & everyone else around Me was rooting for Cotto & even thou Cotto fought very good(a lot better than what many thought) We all agree he did NOT win the fight..We all did agree that the fight was closer than what the judges had it, I personally saw it 116-112..After the fight I've spoken to a lot of people here(in Puerto Rico) & they all seem to think the same thing, that Cotto lost a close(or closer than what the judges had it)fight but he did good, showed heart & great conditioning & has nothing to be ashamed of..Like Pedro Díaz said "No man is invincible" & that could be true, but from the looks of things it seems like Floyd could retire undefeated(professionally) cause right now I don't see anyone beating him..But Floyd is not invincible cause he did loose in the amateurs..The ONLY fighter that I know of that retired UNDEFEATED both as an amateur & professional is also 1 of My favorite fighters Ricardo "Finito" Lopez..Even thou he did have a draw against Rosendo"El Buffalo"Alvarez in a fight that took place in Lopez's home town(Mexico City) & in that fight I thought Alvarez should have walked out the winner but in the rematch Lopez beat Alvarez in a close decision victory..

Comment

• STOP IT.

In ZERO rounds was Cotto more active than Floyd. Think about that. Floyd out-threw Cotto in EVERY round.

In ONLY ONE round did Cotto land more than Floyd
            . The 8th round. And all three judges gave Cotto that round. Meaning the judges knew what they were looking at.

THROUGH 8 ROUNDS, THE JUDGES HAD IT 5-3 FOR FLOYD
            . The problem is that Cotto got wiped out down the stretch.

The judges had it a close fight through 2/3rd of the fight. But Cotto faded, and that is how it became an ugly scorecard for Cotto. For those who pay attention to CompuBox,
            here is how rounds 9-12 looked:

Total punches:
            FLOYD: 224 THROWN, 56 LANDED
            MIGUEL: 138 THROWN, 28 LANDED

Power punches:
            FLOYD: 183 THROWN, 45 LANDED
            MIGUEL: 94 THROWN, 21 LANDED

Here is the RxR Combubox:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...cotto-compubox

Here is the judges' scorecard:

117-111 is the correct score for this fight. Cotto, Diaz and any other bytches can stop crying.

Comment

• He would of been happy to do that you ****** but Cotto wouldn't let him. They aren't happy with a moral victory, just stating that they gave him hell in there and that Mayweather showed flaws. This is what I'm talking about when I say Mayweather fans are insecure as fuk.

Floyd even said after the fight in an interview that he could have stayed on the outside and just boxed to an easy victory what was cotto not letting him you think floyd couldn't have just gotten out of the corner and just jabbed Floyd already knew he was up big so he started taking chances cause he wanted a KO. This reminds me of the Zab Judah fight when people who don't know how to score a fight were actually saying Zab won the first 5 or 6 rounds no he didn't just because you land a good shot on someone doesn't mean you won the round None of the score cards in that fight were close then you look up and floyd has landed 100 more punches and most to the body in the zab fight people just say floyd is down cause they hate the dude that;s it so if anybody does anything good in a round against him they act like the other dude won the round, so when floyd fought zab he was down 5-0 or 6-0 at one point in the fight? no he wasn't you don't know how to score a fight and are a hater thats the only way you would score it like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He only used it twice though

In the 3rd and the 6th.
                Because cotto took away his lead right. Floyd went to the swooping right, in which miguel proceeded to take that away too. The announcers were quick to say floyd makes this adjustment and that adjustment, but failed to mention any of the effective adjustments that cotto was making.

Comment

• Originally posted by antrecasner View Post
                  Forget all this nonsense bring on mayweather vs cotto 2
                  lol

Floyd completely has Cotto figured out. What can Cotto do differently?

Mayweather did what Mayweather does: He cleaned up the second half of the fight. The only difference this time is it took him a round or two longer than it usually does. And Cotto made a good adjustment.

When Floyd RE-adjusted, Cotto was outclassed.

Repeat: Cotto was outclassed in the championship rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                    Cotto clearly lost the fight 117 to 111 is about right. Cotto in my opinion won rounds 6,7,8. Floyd almost dropped him in the 12th if he didn't hold on. Valiant effort by Miguel Cotto but there should be no debates or robbery yells because the fight was what it was. A victory for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                    Last edited by GRUSTLER; 05-07-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                      STOP IT.

In ZERO rounds was Cotto more active than Floyd. Think about that. Floyd out-threw Cotto in EVERY round.

In ONLY ONE round did Cotto land more than Floyd
                      . The 8th round. And all three judges gave Cotto that round. Meaning the judges knew what they were looking at.

THROUGH 8 ROUNDS, THE JUDGES HAD IT 5-3 FOR FLOYD
                      . The problem is that Cotto got wiped out down the stretch.

The judges had it a close fight through 2/3rd of the fight. But Cotto faded, and that is how it became an ugly scorecard for Cotto. For those who pay attention to CompuBox,
                      here is how rounds 9-12 looked:

Total punches:
                      FLOYD: 224 THROWN, 56 LANDED
                      MIGUEL: 138 THROWN, 28 LANDED

Power punches:
                      FLOYD: 183 THROWN, 45 LANDED
                      MIGUEL: 94 THROWN, 21 LANDED

Here is the RxR Combubox:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...cotto-compubox

Here is the judges' scorecard:

117-111 is the correct score for this fight. Cotto, Diaz and any other bytches can stop crying.
                      LOL, you are basing your stats on compubox.

I remember one of the early round when Cotto landed a bunch of shots already and the compubox had it at 3 shots landed, up to that point. I knew it was a joke at that point and stopped looking at their stats.

Comment

Working...
                      X