Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch it again

I watched Cotto and Floyd for the third time and I would have given Cotto three rounds, maybe four, but that's it.

I also watched JMM and Pac III and I thought Pac won big. When I watched the fight live, I though JMM won.

It's surprising when you watch a fight over and over, you really get a clearer picture of who won the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
      Cotto boxed very well but at most won 4 rounds, shows how good Floyd really is to me. Wasn't his best performance bu still won comfortably against a very good opponent. Thought he was going to KO him in round 3 or 4, had he stepped on the gas he could have done because he had him hurt. At times Mayweather couldn't miss with that whipping right hand.

I had it 117-111, some of the rounds were close, but Floyd won them.
      Cotto was not a very good opponent, do not forget he was outboxed by clottey, and was outboxed by Pacquaio. Cotto was a tailor made opponent for mayweather.

Comment

• Cotto fought a good fight but the judges scorecards were accurate he only one 2-3 rounds at the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          FOR THE RECORD:

I will be sickened if Tim Bradley beat Manny Pacquiao, and then Floyd goes and wipes his ass with Tim Bradley.

That would be a very unsatisfying turn of events for me.

I don't even know that Arum would allow a May/Tim fight to happen. I imagine that if Tim beats Pac, that Arum would set up a trilogy of in-house fights.

Smart analogy because that's just would Arum would do. Pac will have an immediate rematch clause unless Bradley really punishes him but even then Arum would keep it in house.

Comment

• Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
            I watched Cotto and Floyd for the third time and I would have given Cotto three rounds, maybe four, but that's it.

I also watched JMM and Pac III and I thought Pac won big. When I watched the fight live, I though JMM won.

It's surprising when you watch a fight over and over, you really get a clearer picture of who won the fight.
            Pacquaio lost to jmm, sorry he just did, got outboxed to a pulp.

Comment

• If you gave Cotto only 2 rounds WTF were you watching because it wasn't the Cotto/Mayweather fight. Cotto: 2,3,5,6,8. Although Cotto didn't do enough to win the fight I thought he did enough to win 5 or 6 rounds. He won only 2 or 3 rounds?
              Last edited by Lords; 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                If you gave Cotto only 2 rounds WTF were you watching because it wasn't the Cotto/Mayweather fight. Cotto: 2,3,5,6,8 and you can argue round 10. Although Cotto didn't do enough to win the fight I thought he did enough to win 5 or 6 rounds. He won only 2 or 3 rounds?
                4 rounds max.

Your being incredibly bias if you are finding more rounds than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing's Truth View Post
                  Cotto did a lot better than I thought he would. He set himself up for some good fights if he wants to continue.

As for this fight, he clearly loss. His performance was just a moral victory. Anyone who says that Cotto won this fight or that it was close must have been drinking some good rum that night.

Cotto can still make some good cheese fighting the likes of Martinez or Alvarez.
                  yep, I agree... the headline should read.

"We told you mayweather wasnt invincible... Even though we lost easy, we did bust his nose!!"

Those 10 oz. gloves made a difference with Cotto's high guard as well.... hence mayweather had to whip those rights around cottos glove.... knock them down 2 oz. and it would have been a totally different story....

Comment

• Cotto lost 115-113 , 116-112 at the most but UD for Sure!
                    117-111 or even 118-110 were crazy it was a much closer fight then that. Had Cotto winning 5-4 after 9 rounds.

Even Compubox number had Cotto landing at higher connect in 4 rounds.
                    And he was also the aggressor bringing the fight to Mayweather. Body shots count for something but I guess the judges don't see it that way. Cotto landed Many clean shots on Mayweather. Cotto did lose in a close hard fought fight.

With a 7-1 favorite in his Home Town what did you expect. This was a much closer fight then Oscar De La Hoya vs Mayweather and that ended in a SD.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      If Bradley beats Pacquiao, he will not get Floyd. Unless the first fight was in no way remotely close, Bradley and Pacquiao would fight again. If Bradley won a shutout the first time or two decently competitive fights, Arum would curse, scream, and eventually suck it up and try his best to make Bradley a star.

Although, if Bradley were to beat Pacquiao convincingly, 9-3 or 10-2 let's say, I think that would prove he at least deserves his shot at Floyd and it could be a good fight. Bradley is no Marquez, he isn't going to be completely lost in the ring with Floyd, even if he can't win.
                      I assume you mean at 147, because bradley is not fit to shine marquez' shoes if you are comparing them just as boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X