No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. Lashes Out at Arum Over Pacquiao Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
    r u serious, 7 mil - where did u hear that. he made well ovr 25 mil - plus the 40 mil isnt just for Pac. according to floyds offer thats PAc's share - which means its split with Arum and Roach and evryone else in his camp, u haVe no idea how boxing purses so pls dont pretend that u do bc u read som bs article
    He regurgitates all of floyd's words.. You wonder where he got that....Hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackHat View Post
      I love how Floyd, and his fans still keeps bringing the OSDT issue when clearly the last roadblock was him pricing himself out.
      oh how I predicted this... No other roads to turn it will go back to OSDT.. I already foretold this on here before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galahad View Post
        What the **** is he talking about! It is not Arum or Pacquiao that is offering a flat fee of 40 mil no and ppv upside to Pac and he is saying its Arum that is the problem.
        He didn't mention anything that would support his accusation.
        He doesn't need to; the information is out there.. arum knows pac fans are too damn stupid to read between the lines like these lines here

It was just this week that Arum said he would go to the Philippines to meet with Pacquiao and present him with the names of four possible opponents for May or June: [B]Miguel Cotto, Marquez, Lamont Peterson and Timothy Bradley Jr.

Arum figured Mayweather would be in jail and off the table. Now that Mayweather is available and seemingly would like to make the match, Arum suddenly isn't interested.

He used the lame excuse of the cut Pacquiao suffered against Marquez, saying he might not be ready for May. (I've never heard of a cut taking more than six months to heal.) However, earlier this week, when Arum thought Mayweather would be on ice behind bars, he said there was a good possibility Pacquiao would fight in May.

Moments after Mayweather was granted the continuance, Arum changed his tune.

"We're fighting in June, one of the four guys," Arum told me over the phone.

I asked him, now that Mayweather was available, would he at least be part of the conversation when Arum meets with Pacquiao next week?

A perturbed Arum's response was, "Absolutely not. Nope."

Come again? You won't even talk about it with Pacquiao, I asked very politely.

"My mission is to go over to the Philippines and talk about these four guys," Arum said. "If Manny feels he wants to go in May, he will tell me. I want to make sure Manny's cuts are healed. We won't fall under this kind of pressure. June is much more likely for Manny's fight, not May."

So May was a real possibility yesterday, but now there's no way?

"What if they fought and Manny started bleeding on the first punch?" a clearly flustered Arum said. "I don't know if Manny is available to fight in May. I have no idea. I haven't talked to him; I haven't seen him. Seems to me, June is more likely based on what his plastic surgeon said."

Arum threw out another "reason" (or excuse, as far as I'm concerned) not to try to make Pacquiao-Mayweather for May 5.

"I don't even know if Mayweather will be licensed [by the Nevada State Athletic Commission] before he serves his time," Arum said.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

This guy is an idiot and so are Stubborn pac fans. arum scheduled a fight where 1 of his fighters was in a bind of not getting licensed in NY in a shorter period of time and that's Margarito so again!
        Last edited by SoulByThePound; 05-06-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          Come on man. That ain't true. Cotto had an inexperienced trainer when he fought Pac and he was at a lower weight. Diaz made the difference and because people want to discredit Mayweather so bad then over look that fact that Cotto came in with a different mind set.
          that is what a flowmo would have you believe. boxing fans aren't as stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            You are talking out of your arse. Cotto was a seasoned fighter when he fought Manny. I can see absolutely no difference in Cotto since changing trainer except that as a light middle he is a little slower.

Cotto is a very good fighter, top class, but this crap about 'version' only seems to be relevant to floydiots. Its absolutely pathetic.
            Pedro Diaz made the difference. That's my opinion and you don't have to like it.

Comment

Pedro Diaz made the difference. That's my opinion and you don't have to like it.
              Hahaha..you're crazy! Cotto doesnt look any different at all. You idiots are unbelievable..funny, but unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                that is what a flowmo would have you believe. boxing fans aren't as stupid.
                So if that is the case, then JMM looked the same when he fought Floyd as he did when he fought Pac for the 3rd time. At least Cotto and Floyd walked away both getting respect for their performances while Pac walked away being labeled as the guy who robbed JMM on the score cards and looked average. You are a bigger flo-mo than me because at the end of the day. Your hate for Floyd makes you hate everyone else.

Comment

You are talking out of your arse. Cotto was a seasoned fighter when he fought Manny. I can see absolutely no difference in Cotto since changing trainer except that as a light middle he is a little slower.

Cotto is a very good fighter, top class, but this crap about 'version' only seems to be relevant to floydiots. Its absolutely pathetic.
                  Cotto was beaten by Margarito and struggled with Clottey having a big cut over his eye and Pac still got him down to a catch weight. F*** outta here.

Comment

So if that is the case, then JMM looked the same when he fought Floyd as he did when he fought Pac for the 3rd time. At least Cotto and Floyd walked away both getting respect for their performances while Pac walked away being labeled as the guy who robbed JMM on the score cards and looked average. You are a bigger flo-mo than me because at the end of the day. Your hate for Floyd makes you hate everyone else.
                    Only a turd would believe that Manny personally robbed JMM. Typical bumsniffing nonsense. You floydiots always have something to whine about.

Comment

Hahaha..you're crazy! Cotto doesnt look any different at all. You idiots are unbelievable..funny, but unbelievable.
                      Like I said, it is your opinion but just remember that I NEVER gave Cotto a shot at beating Mayweather so don't act like I'm trying to say Cotto was superman going into the fight with Floyd. All I'm saying is that a good trainer helps and if they didn't then every fighter would be training themselves. I'm just the type to give Cotto his props for coming to fight and for Diaz encouraging him more. Your goal is to try to make it seem like Floyd struggled to give Pac some praise but at the end of the day, Pac didn't even want to fight Cotto at 154 even though he was his first choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X