No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. Lashes Out at Arum Over Pacquiao Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint650 View Post
    pac needs to worry about Bradley, the Cotto that showed up last night would give Pac a tough fight. Floyd is selling the fight all by himself now so he deserves the bigger cut. whens the last time Arum said this fight is going to happen or wants it to happen?
    What is all this crap about the 'Cotto that turned up last night'? There was nothing wrong with the Cotto that Manny fought, he was the same guy, only younger.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
      Reading you amateur accountants and contract negotiators is almost as funny as reading the overnight PED experts. Let's just see the best fight the best, FFS. The 'sport' has become a joke.
      ^^^ This!! Floyd is a great fighter, no doubt, but the overwhelming majority of his fans are total ****s.

Comment

Just accept 50-50 and let's get it over with.

Comment

Both Pac and May wants the fight, Arum does not.

Comment

Dunno why people still talk about this fight. I really dont wanna see it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAS_JAS View Post
              thats what your implying, manny should agree to floyd's test back in 2009, the thing is floyd is not above manny, floyd is not god that everything he says everybody should agree they're equals hence 50/50 is good, and btw manny succumbed and agreed to the testing its not an issue anymore, guess what happened 50/50 is not good anymore, floyd wants 100% of PPV, would that count as pricing yourself out?
              Why was it an issue in the first place? You're saying that Manny doesn't have to agree to Floyd Mayweathers demands but he eventually did and now you are telling me that Floyd is the one ducking? 50/50 is fair to me but if you are saying Manny didn't have to agree to the testing then Mayweather doesn't have to agree to the even split, correct? That means no fight. Also, no matter if this fight happens or not, it is already written in the archives that Manny Pacquiao walked away from the fight in 2009 to fight Clottey (Who lost to Cotto) because he felt that blood weakens him. It's all a joke like the Comedian said in Watchmen. Pac said he wants the fight and is willing to take less and then acts like the offer Floyd did offended him? Should have kept his mouth shut. Both these guys don't care at the end of the day. I'm a fan of Mayweather but know he ain't no saint and think from a personal aspect or what he portrays is a douche but Pac fans can't seem to see past their noses when it comes to Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                What is all this crap about the 'Cotto that turned up last night'? There was nothing wrong with the Cotto that Manny fought, he was the same guy, only younger.
                Come on man. That ain't true. Cotto had an inexperienced trainer when he fought Pac and he was at a lower weight. Diaz made the difference and because people want to discredit Mayweather so bad then over look that fact that Cotto came in with a different mind set.

Comment

It's just wonderful how the expectation of a little dose of prison can make even a serial incorrigible like Mayweather into a "Sir Lancelot Du Lake". a minor miracle. I wonder how long it'll last? I expect that in 115 days-or less- we'll see and hear a return of an initially subdued Lancelot, but gathering steam to burst out in a short time. The temptation to burn money in public will be too much.

And that reminds me, maybe someone has the answer, forgetting about personalities. I always have understood that the unauthorised defacing of money is a federal crime, all over the world, in fact i know it is. So, is the Mayweather money-burn counterfeit, which is not a crime??

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    Come on man. That ain't true. Cotto had an inexperienced trainer when he fought Pac and he was at a lower weight. Diaz made the difference and because people want to discredit Mayweather so bad then over look that fact that Cotto came in with a different mind set.
                    You are talking out of your arse. Cotto was a seasoned fighter when he fought Manny. I can see absolutely no difference in Cotto since changing trainer except that as a light middle he is a little slower.

Cotto is a very good fighter, top class, but this crap about 'version' only seems to be relevant to floydiots. Its absolutely pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      Why was it an issue in the first place? You're saying that Manny doesn't have to agree to Floyd Mayweathers demands but he eventually did and now you are telling me that Floyd is the one ducking? 50/50 is fair to me but if you are saying Manny didn't have to agree to the testing then Mayweather doesn't have to agree to the even split, correct? That means no fight. Also, no matter if this fight happens or not, it is already written in the archives that Manny Pacquiao walked away from the fight in 2009 to fight Clottey (Who lost to Cotto) because he felt that blood weakens him. It's all a joke like the Comedian said in Watchmen. Pac said he wants the fight and is willing to take less and then acts like the offer Floyd did offended him? Should have kept his mouth shut. Both these guys don't care at the end of the day. I'm a fan of Mayweather but know he ain't no saint and think from a personal aspect or what he portrays is a douche but Pac fans can't seem to see past their noses when it comes to Manny Pacquiao.
                      Sorry for butting in, but this "less" is overused. Pacquiao didn't say he'd take less than Mayweather The quote was, as far as I can recall, "I am prepared to take a lesser amount". Not "the" lesser amount, "a" lesser amount. MannyP could have been expecting to get 60%, or 55% or 52%........ There was also, I understand an offer of 45-45 with the extra 10% togo to the winner. Arum also offered Mayweather a $50 mil guarantee. There is also talk of other wider splits with the larger amount to the winner, but I have no direct quotes so don't consider them.

Comment

Working...
                      X