Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. Lashes Out at Arum Over Pacquiao Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this fight ain't happening. move on nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by JAS_JAS View Post
      no you dont, you twist facts to suit you fIomo agenda
      the truth is that pac hasnt had a fight outside of top rank since the 2nd JMM fight. all his fights have been in house fights that favour pac. now there is no twist to that fact. and i cannot think of any fighter in the history of boxing that did that so prominently. shane wanted a fight with pac and had to sign with top rank to get the fight. arum said if floyd let him promote the fight and force GBP to stand aside the fight would happen. tells who's really holding up the fight.

Comment

No matter what Pacquiao or Arum accepts, Floyd will continue making demands, whether its money or something else out of left field, until he is ready in his mind to take the fight because he believes in his mind he will beat Pacquiao. He clearly still doesn't feel confident in that.

Comment

so arum is telling floyd to tell pac no to 50-50? damn arum.

Comment

Do people realize that a $40 million purse for Manny would be the highest garauntee ever???? That is Floyd and Cotto's purses combined. Oscar made $53 million when he fought Floyd AFTER the ppv money and that is the highest ppy fight ever. There's really not much more for them to make. This fight will not break the record because its been lingering for too long. Personally I'm not buying it. I have 3 different locations to choose from to watch ppv fights.

With that said, Arum is the single person holding up the fight.

Comment

The fight is 50/50 I don't want to hear anything else.

At the very least offer a 55/45. But, to just offer a flat fee with no PPV it's ridiculous.

And, the response to Merchant question was just weak on his part.

I just don't think they want to fight each other or maybe they just don't want to do business with each other.

But, at the end of the day it's both camps fault why this fight isn't happening and might not ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                God you are stupid

We are talking about the biggest,most anticipated,most profitable fight in the history of boxing here, not exactly a risk on floyds part.
                it used to be. this fight was anticipated to do around 5 million buys in the beginning. but now i dont think it will break the 2.5mil buys the floyd v oscar did. a lot of people have the i dont care attitude about this fight now.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  If Mayweather did all his own financing, meaning acted the promoter's part it would cost hiim a hell of a lt more than $10 mill. You seem not to have any idea what a promoter has to do, and what he's liable for. The promoter pays for EVERYTHING, advertising, arena, car park att, opponent, the undercard, insurance, doctors, bandages, ambulances, security, paper napkins. etc.

The PPV/Cable people take "at least 50%" which could mean perhaps 60% or 55%. WE DON'T KNOW. Mayweather's (mythical) $10 mill wouldn't pay for any more than half, at most, of the expenses, and you might say that every cent of that is already earmarked for guarantees. So someone else has to put up big money. And, he has not only an outstanding IRS bill, but this fight will generate another huge debt.

I am just showing that it's not as easy as saying "he puts up all the money", or "he gets 100% of the PPV ", or, he puts up $10mil and pockets the rest".. This is just fankrap. And I won't even bother to itemise the loads of other expenses with accomodations, trainers, sperring partners, food, nutritionists, TESTING.......

I said Floyd pays atleast 10 million to finance his fights which means he could be paying more you idiot.And it does`nt matter if Floyd gets help in financing his fights or not, the fact that Floyd finances his own fights says that Pac-r-o-i-d-s do not deserve 50/50 with Floyd so you idiots need to get off of that.

Comment

I love how Floyd, and his fans still keeps bringing the OSDT issue when clearly the last roadblock was him pricing himself out.

Comment

******ed people on here. mayweather "called" Pac out last night and all you can say is how he still is trying to make demands to NOT make the fight happen. Pac turned down 40 mill. he wont make anywhere near that to fight Bradley. Floyd always pulls the bigger PPV numbers. i dont get it. you get behind Pac for not giving in but you want Floyd to bend over backward for Pac and Arum and top rank. bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X