Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Weighs In, Two Pounds Over The Limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have weight prolblem again, it seems he really has trouble to control weight

Comment

Originally posted by 15RC View Post
      Is he the new Jose Luis Castillo? Good fighter, but unprofessional.
      Castillo, Guzman, Rios ......

Comment

cecilio flores couldn't even help him make weight,
        he really just needs to move up, i don't understand this. if the gamboa fight wasn't made, just move up. i don't i want to say i hope he loses this fight, but man, it'd def be a lesson learned. we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

He looks actually WORSE then the Murray fight IMO. He looks so dehydrated he could be at risk of losing consciousness, seriously. And he still looked that bad coming in as a junior welter. Makes you wonder if he could effectively make 140!! Mark my words, within 12 months he's going to be a welterweight. He's going to be weak tomorrow, only this time he's in there with someone ALOT better then Murray, Rios is in trouble.

Comment

Oh, Rios...

Comment

I could be wrong but I belive he had gone on record saying he would stay at 135 ONLY if the Gamboa fight happened......when that fell through he shoulda just moved up now there is RISK AND ZERO REWARD.......I put the blame squarely on Garica and his people though.......they should know better........

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                rios needs to go to 140 before he hurts himself.
                I think Rios gets sparked by B-level fighters at '40. He's had trouble making '35 (or even '37 at that) for the last three or four years. Why drain yourself continuously at a weight class you know you can't make weight in anymore as opposed to going up to a loaded division? There's a reason why he doesn't just move up.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  This is why Gamboa really backed out. Rios is a 140 pounder and has been for a while.

Rios has some options. Marquez or Judah most likely. We'll see how good he really is now. He'll be strong at 140, not as powerful as Lightweight.
                  There's no way Rios lasted 12 vs Gamboa. No way he was gonna catch Gamboa on the inside and all Gamboa had to do was box and move around. Rios would've been gassed by 5 for hitting nothing but air. Gamboa's hands and feet are too fast for a dehydrated Rios to go the distance. I'll go as far as saying Garcia would've probably thrown the towel in Buddy Mcgirt style.

Btw Gamboa is a short dude but he packs some meat and muscles in him. He walks around roughly 160lbs if I remember correctly.

Comment

Dude get's a nutritionalist and is more overweight for this fight than last. How the **** can Rios and his team just walk up for weigh-in 2 lbs over, extremely unprofessional once again. Go join Morales, Tyson Marquez and Castillo in the who gives a **** about making an agreed upon weight. If you're too big than move up and stop rehydrating 15-20 lbs overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                      I could be wrong but I belive he had gone on record saying he would stay at 135 ONLY if the Gamboa fight happened......when that fell through he shoulda just moved up now there is RISK AND ZERO REWARD.......I put the blame squarely on Garica and his people though.......they should know better........
                      Nope. Blame it on Top Rank, they wanted to smear Gamboa's campaign so bad by making Abril show up and having Rios STILL fight with Gamboa or no Gamboa to make Gamboa look as the coward.

This is a backfire waiting to happen on Top Rank.

Comment

Working...
                      X