Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it wrong that Raheem didn't get the Pacquiao Shot over Morales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Of course but then your point doesn't hold.
    Morales was a bigger name which means more $$$ and EVERYONE knew he had a off Night a plus Morales had a Win over Pac...Raheem is a fuccen bum who would have got demolished worse the Erik did idk why these dumb azz fans think that raheem would have even made a competitive fight vs Pac...I Mean JMM does it and now ANYONE who boxes can beat Pac? GTFOH

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
      Morales was a bigger name which means more $$$ and EVERYONE knew he had a off Night a plus Morales had a Win over Pac...Raheem is a fuccen bum who would have got demolished worse the Erik did idk why these dumb azz fans think that raheem would have even made a competitive fight vs Pac...I Mean JMM does it and now ANYONE who boxes can beat Pac? GTFOH
      Ok thats a better reason than what you gave before. Pacquiao did it for the money. Agreed.

Comment

Pac already signed rematch with Morales for the 2nd fight BEFORE Morales even fought Raheem.

Raheem lost his next fight vs Acelino

Pac then fought Larios for WBC International super featherweight title

Comment

70/30... yes

Comment

Originally posted by LeoReyes View Post
            Because Pacquiao fans weren't even watching back then, most of this credit has come retroactively from his legions of blindly devoted nationalist fans. As far as media goes, there was not much if any national media attention or plaudits given (ESPN, FoxSports type attention) for the 2nd and 3rd fights that I can recall. I think the 2nd one is still an OK win for Pac, but yes he gets far too much credit for everything from his fans.

Basically a vast majority of Pac's fans have no idea who Raheem is, let alone had ever watched one of his fights. Of course Morales looks better to them. No matter how old or what weight problems a fighter may be facing, the names are everything to most casual fans. If Denis Lebedev were Filipino the same posters who praise everything Pac does would be praising Lebedev's wins over Jones and Toney as the greatest victories ever.

It is like if Landon Donovan or Clint Dempsey were the first soccer player Americans ever were a fan of. Then all of America decided Dempsey/Donovan were the best ever and decided to tell every internet soccer forum about how Landon Donovan is the best...every minute...of every day...for years. That is what a shockingly vast majority most Pacquiao fans are. It is a Pinoy pride thing, they don't even care about boxing.
            Outstanding post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lineal Champ View Post
              Pac already signed rematch with Morales for the 2nd fight BEFORE Morales even fought Raheem.

Raheem lost his next fight vs Acelino

Pac then fought Larios for WBC International super featherweight title
              Raheem's fight with Freitas came well after Manny and Morales had agreed to fight again for no reason. And then, since Manny knows he has the dumbest fans on earth, he decided he'd fight him a third time for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                70/30... yes
                i bet your black....

Comment

i bet your black....
                  I bet you're not....

Comment

this **** again

Comment

if pac didnt rematch and beat morales flom0s here would party about pac ducking morales rematch

come on now beating the guy that beat you is more important than beating the guy who beat the guy who beat you

got it dumbos?

Comment

Working...
                      X