Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it wrong that Raheem didn't get the Pacquiao Shot over Morales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it wrong that Raheem didn't get the Pacquiao Shot over Morales?

Just rewatched that fight the other night on ESPN classics, and man, Raheem made Morales look foolish.

Do you think it was wrong that Raheem was never in the running for a fight with Pacquiao, and that Pacquiao was served up Morales instead?
    Yes
    63.24%
    No
    36.76%

pac didnt want no piece of raheem

Comment

what stands out to me the most about this fight is not that Raheem shut him out but its that the media & fans gave Pac so much credit for the 2 wins after Raheem had just shut him out like EM was the same guy at that point. He wasnt and Pac shouldnt have gotten the credit that he got for those wins.

Not only that but I thought that after Pac stopped him the 1st time, what was so justified for them to have the 3rd fight in the very next fight? He had just lost like 20 straight rounds and had been KO. Not only did everyone accept the 3rd fight but they again gave Pac mad credit for the quick KO. It was mind boggling to me

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        what stands out to me the most about this fight is not that Raheem shut him out but its that the media & fans gave Pac so much credit for the 2 wins after Raheem had just shut him out like EM was the same guy at that point. He wasnt and Pac shouldnt have gotten the credit that he got for those wins.

Not only that but I thought that after Pac stopped him the 1st time, what was so justified for them to have the 3rd fight in the very next fight? He had just lost like 20 straight rounds and had been KO. Not only did everyone accept the 3rd fight but they again gave Pac mad credit for the quick KO. It was mind boggling to me
        I agree, Morales was having HUGE troubles making weight and he asked Pac for a catchweight of 131 and Pac said no Funny how that works isn't it?

Comment

what else did raheem do after that in his career? oh that's right nothing...Morales had a off night that's it and Pac would have DESTROYED raheem

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
            what else did raheem do after that in his career? oh that's right nothing...Morales had a off night that's it and Pac would have DESTROYED raheem
            An off night? Thats why he didn't win a fight for 5 more years after that right?

Comment

Umm...what did Morales do in his career after losing to Raheem?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

Because Pacquiao fans weren't even watching back then, most of this credit has come retroactively from his legions of blindly devoted nationalist fans. As far as media goes, there was not much if any national media attention or plaudits given (ESPN, FoxSports type attention) for the 2nd and 3rd fights that I can recall. I think the 2nd one is still an OK win for Pac, but yes he gets far too much credit for everything from his fans.

Basically a vast majority of Pac's fans have no idea who Raheem is, let alone had ever watched one of his fights. Of course Morales looks better to them. No matter how old or what weight problems a fighter may be facing, the names are everything to most casual fans. If Denis Lebedev were Filipino the same posters who praise everything Pac does would be praising Lebedev's wins over Jones and Toney as the greatest victories ever.

It is like if Landon Donovan or Clint Dempsey were the first soccer player Americans ever were a fan of. Then all of America decided Dempsey/Donovan were the best ever and decided to tell every internet soccer forum about how Landon Donovan is the best...every minute...of every day...for years. That is what a shockingly vast majority most Pacquiao fans are. It is a Pinoy pride thing, they don't even care about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Umm...what did Morales do in his career after losing to Raheem?
                  he didn't have to do **** he's a legend and his loss to Maidana>>>raheem's career, true story

Comment

he didn't have to do **** he's a legend and his loss to Maidana>>>raheem's career, true story
                    Of course but then your point doesn't hold.

Comment

Working...
                    X