Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it wrong that Raheem didn't get the Pacquiao Shot over Morales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by motoriser
    People need to check their dates first before spouting anymore theories.
    Raheem signed to fight Funeka 3 years after he had outclassed Morales.
    So there was 36 month period which Pacman simply chose other opponents and squeezed in 2 more fights against Morales which was unnecessary.
    Maybe one fight was okay but they should have moved on since there was no need for a Rubber match.
    After the Morales rematch he could have taken on Raheem but it was a no goer coz his style was all bad for Pacman.
    Just watch how the HBO commentary team from Lampley to Steward all loudly said Pacman should not fight Raheem coz he was a bad style match up for him.
    ****** idiot. Why should Pac fight Raheem after the Morales fight when he lost to Frietas big time. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      This turbo is a massive Floyd diehard. He starts threads about Pac to divert attention away from what Floyd should be doing with his career and should be concentrating on Floyd and making threads on Floyd. But he dont want the spotlight on Floyd.

But if you then say there are more threads about Pac, turbotime will get defensive and say no there isnt - more people like talking about Floyd as hes bigger. So full of contradictions.
      Bottom line, it is Floyd fans starting threads about Pac.
      Yup Hugh, I know that Turbo is a huge Floyd fan. That is why he gets so defensive about someone picking on his hero. He can't even refute my statements because my statements make sense.

As example, why think it's more pertinent to discuss Raheem vs Manny when that was shot down every time it was brought up with something called FACTS and TIMELINES. If someone can start a thread about something like that then he should easily be able to start a thread about why Floyd moved up to another division to fight a Cotto that lost to Manny instead of fight the winner named Manny?

The Manny fight would not only make sense because Manny beat Cotto but also makes sense money wise, legacy wise and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        If someone can start a thread about something like that then he should easily be able to start a thread about why Floyd moved up to another division to fight a Cotto that lost to Manny instead of fight the winner named Manny?

The Manny fight would not only make sense because Manny beat Cotto but also makes sense money wise, legacy wise and so on.
        Apparently it doesn't make sense to Manny's promoter :

“everybody would be better off if we thought about that fight [for] next year. But everything is open. First of all, Manny has a really tough fight with Bradley. And secondly, depending on how things break everybody would certainly agree that Juan Manuel [Marquez] deserves a rematch [with Pacquiao]. So I would think that would be what I’m focusing on.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...table&id=51421

Arum doesn't want that fight to happen, why is that so hard to understand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Apparently it doesn't make sense to Manny's promoter :

“everybody would be better off if we thought about that fight [for] next year. But everything is open. First of all, Manny has a really tough fight with Bradley. And secondly, depending on how things break everybody would certainly agree that Juan Manuel [Marquez] deserves a rematch [with Pacquiao]. So I would think that would be what I’m focusing on.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...table&id=51421

Arum doesn't want that fight to happen, why is that so hard to understand?

I see you took those words out of context, hmmm, what a surprise, ....

Arum knows what's going on more than we do ..... but we also know enough to know that Floyd's last demand was that he takes all PPV money and none for Manny .... while Manny wants 50/50 or something close to that.

So Arum is just telling you what you should already know. They are so far in negotiations that it's more than likely not going to happen this year unless FLoyd is more reasonable with his demands.

Remember that it was Floyd that said "Your next Manny" and "Take the test and we got a fight" ..... but now Floyd put another roadblock BUT for some reason you don't see that! How come?

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            I'm a fan of both fighters, has nothing to do with fandom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Yup, Turbo likes Manny so much that he created another favorable thread about Manny ....... You know "Bradley is ready to take the test, not Manny"

They need to get over it, Manny has agreed on testing a long time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

I see you took those words out of context, hmmm, what a surprise, ....

Arum knows what's going on more than we do ..... but we also know enough to know that Floyd's last demand was that he takes all PPV money and none for Manny .... while Manny wants 50/50 or something close to that.

So Arum is just telling you what you should already know. They are so far in negotiations that it's more than likely not going to happen this year unless FLoyd is more reasonable with his demands.

Remember that it was Floyd that said "Your next Manny" and "Take the test and we got a fight" ..... but now Floyd put another roadblock BUT for some reason you don't see that! How come?
                What about their last negotiations for a May 5th bout? Who put the roadblock this time? Who was talking about Manny's cuts needing more than 6 months to heal? Who was talking about building a freaking stadium for the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  What about their last negotiations for a May 5th bout? Who put the roadblock this time? Who was talking about Manny's cuts needing more than 6 months to heal? Who was talking about building a freaking stadium for the fight?

I see you took even these words out of context, hmmm, what a surprise, ....

All Arum said is we need to check Manny's eye with a doctor but the more time the eye had to heal the better ..... Arum didn't say no fight!

Stadium was to generate more revenue. Again Arum didn't say no fight.

You guys were all over Arum for wanting to generate more money but when Floyd said that he wants all of the PPV money or no fight, Floyd fans said, "now that makes a lot of sense!"

Geez!

Comment

• Originally posted by tanibanana View Post
                    Rasheen should made a good name for hismself so he could attract a Pacman fight.. But what did Reheeme do after the Morales win.. None..
                    Rahiim coast over fighters in the likes of ... Dominguez, Cordoba, Cruz, etc.
                    For Christ's sake, what can Ruheem's resume get from those fights..

On Pacman's side.. well he was 130-lbs during that time. And by the time he moved up. A Rehiim fight would have been a silly.
                    Yeah that's because the big names like Pacquiao didn't want to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                    X