Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people not pushing Manny/Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
    How when Martinez didn't even destroy two C class fighters in Macklin and Cintron?
    put manny in with macklin and cintron, and see what happens to him, then repeat your statement. lol...

comparing tiny manny to full super middle weight cintron (who is higher than C class), and true middleweight macklin (who is tethering on C/B class). not proper, and you know you're jus grasping at straws at this point

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOSMOKE View Post
      its funny how u guys say mosley was shot and done already when he fought pac thats why he couldnt pull the trigger yet he was able to show all these movements that made pac look bad???? LOL!! so on one hand, mosley is shot, cant pull the trigger then on the other hand mosley showed all these movements to trouble pac??? LOL!! so which one is it??
      who really cares about what dumb fans think. at the end of the day you decide which because you have your own brain and saw the fights. truth is, pacman has been terrorizing these folks that cause them to run and fight backwards. you rarely see pacman being pushed and slammed on the ropes (evidence of aggression from opponent) these days in which pacman's luster shines the most. most of his opponents show up just to survive and cash out.

it all started on clottey. the guy who went to war with cotto. the most frustrated man on earth in that fight was not a fan. it's pacman, himself. he ran out of gas in the last rounds against a guy who wasn't punching back. pacman was breathing through his mouth due to sheer exhaustion of doing the entertaining all alone. haha...

mosley ran all night and marquez did a bit better, but not enough to win decisively because they're too scared to attack. pacman, being an entertainer, had to make things happen. otherwise, nothing will.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        What is frightening is the likelihood that Pac waits until Martinez loses it, which may be very soon at his age, who knows, and then jumps on that fight at 150 when Martinez has already lost and is shot or close to shot.

Or even worse actually, he waits until Floyd fights and beats Sergio to jump on the fight at 150. It's terrible that I expect this to happen, if Pac sticks around long enough.
        Jangles, you realizing the truth bro??

Comment

If Pac were to fight Martinez @150 even though Dibella said that Martinez would have to chop off his right leg to make 150, all we would hear is that Pac fought and beat a weight drained corpse in Martinez given that Pac wins.

Look at the comments made after his win against Cotto when Cotto had to weigh in 1lb less than his previous fight. You would think that Cotto was hooked up to an I.V machine in that ring by the way the critics talk. LOL. Never mind the fact that Cotto himself stated that making weight wasnt an issue. Instead it was Pac's speed that caused him trouble.
          Last edited by Deevel916; 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Jangles, you realizing the truth bro??
            Well, I've assumed that Pac would be retired before Sergio was shot, but maybe that won't be the case. I hope Pac/Bradley is a return to the Pac that made me a fan, but it's much more likely it's the final straw in either Pac's career or my ability to be a fan of his, depending on what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              If Pac were to fight Martinez @150 even though Dibella said that Martinez would have to chop off his right leg to make 150, all we would hear is that Pac fought and beat a weight drained corpse in Martinez given that Pac wins.

Look at the comments made after his win against Cotto when Cotto had to weigh in 1lb less than his previous fight. You would think that Cotto was hooked up to an I.V machine in that ring by the way the critics talk. LOL. Never mind the fact that Cotto himself stated that making weight wasnt an issue. Instead it was Pac's speed that caused him trouble.
              Excuses, excuses. We get it. Fans like you just wanna see manny beat up some stiff. Any fighter that moves, floyd, sergio, salita, etc. there is never any reason for manny to fight them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Excuses, excuses. We get it. Fans like you just wanna see manny beat up some stiff. Any fighter that moves, floyd, sergio, salita, etc. there is never any reason for manny to fight them.
                I know a Floyd fan did not just make this post, and that last sentence in particular.

Comment

Bushbaby actions do speak louder than words. Pac's words were he is staying at 147 and he is doing just that.How did Pac have a weight advantage over Cotto when Cotto out weighed him by 13 pounds when they were in the ring? Cotto said before the fight and after the fight that making 145 did not hurt him at all and he was in perfect shape so why don't you believe him? It is only recently that Cotto is using the weigh drained excuse.Because I disagree with you does not mean I am not keeping it real.Cotto started the fight with Pac looking strong as hell and not the least bit weight drained or weak. He won the first round and maybe the 2nd round. Then Pac hurt him and he ran the rest of the fight. Pac won because he is a better fighter and that is keeping it real. If the fight had been close and Cotto lost because he faded in the late rounds you might have a slight argument that Cotto coming in at 147 would have turned the fight in his favor. The fight was a one sided beat down with Cotto runing for his life. If you really believe 2 pounds would have made Cotto the winner then you need to wake up to reality. Pac offered Cotto a rematch at the full 147 and Cotto turns it down. Actions speak louder than words. He was 28 when he fought so if was strong at 147 then he should be just as strong at 147 now. He only moved to 154 because Arum got him a fight with a weak champion. You do not get bigger after age 28. Now Cotto is drained at anything less than 154? I think you need to keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    After Manny was hurt by Margarito's body punches his people decided that it was to risky for a natural lightweight to take the punches of much heavier fighters. They said he would fight anyone at 147 but not one ounce more. That seems clear and reasonable to me.They realize he has no business fighting over 147 and do not want any 154lb tittle.That means if Floyd or Cotto or anyone else wants to fight him at more than 147 the answer is no.That is not ducking anyone but setting a limit on the weight he will compete at. Floyd is a much bigger fighter than Manny so it is easier for him to fight at 154. If Floyd and Manny ever fight at 147 I think Floyd will enter the ring 5 to 9 lbs. heavier than Manny.Ray Robinson at age 32 tried to win the 175 lb tittle and did not come out for the 13th round so he lost by TKO. He won and lost the 160 lb tittle a few times over the next few years but he never again fought at 175 and no one ever criticized him for that. Why are you holding Pac to a higher standard than S.R.R. ?
                    You know something..you make a lot of sense, but I had to shovel through 42 posts to find it. Only ONE other was rational, and not with an open desire to see a small guy whom they seem to hate, get beaten up and perhaps killed by a much bigger guy. To expect a natural lightweight, no matter how talented, to fight a natural light-middle, is purely disgusting. Roman arena mobs no less.

And not only is Mayweather much bigger than MannyP he's always ready to go backwards, which would make his survival against a bigger man more likely, and take much of the force from any heavy punches.

I see there are 5 more pages on this stable quality non-issue, but I'll forget 'em.

Almost forgot to mention that Robinson went into that Maxim fight at 157 and came out at 147.

Comment

Pacquiao would tax Martinez's ass no doubt. He would Margarito him.

Comment

Working...
                      X