Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Hall of Fame fighters in Floyd resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    you are a straight fool if you think those 3 should be hof
    I wouldn't vote for Castillo but it wouldn't be too bad if he got in after all he's more deserving than quite a few already in there and the best Lightweight of his era.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I wouldn't vote for Castillo but it wouldn't be too bad if he got in after all he's more deserving than quite a few already in there and the best Lightweight of his era.
      i dont agree with the bold...

however, my post you quoted was in response to someone who named 3 people that will get in the HOF. i think we can agree that castillo is borderline and if hatton gets in, i'm just going to give up on boxing. if someone thinks all 3 of those people are getting in, there's a big problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        i dont agree with the bold...

however, my post you quoted was in response to someone who named 3 people that will get in the HOF. i think we can agree that castillo is borderline and if hatton gets in, i'm just going to give up on boxing. if someone thinks all 3 of those people are getting in, there's a big problem.
        Who's better?

He has the best resume and is the most accomplished.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Judah was NOT the hottest fighter. He had gotten dropped just before fighting KT. It's not like he looked unbeatable before getting in there. Mosley or Tito was the hottest fighter at that point IMO
          and tito never got dropped?

everyone and their mom picked zab to mash zoo out. who did tito fight that was supposed to whup him?

I'll admit that shane was hot around that time, he had just beat DLH, but I said zab was pretty much the hottest fighter, meaning its arguable

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post

And there is not a fighter on Manny resume that Floyd would not beat and beat rather easy.
            Are you serious? Joke of the day. Oscar, Hatton and Mosley quickly came into our minds.
            Last edited by straightleft; 03-30-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Who's better?

He has the best resume and is the most accomplished.
              idk, there's a lot of guys, he lost to corrales and floyd x 2.

i agree that he was the most accomplished probably due to him beating stevie, but i don't know if he was the best lw of his time. I mean, he lost to a 1 dimensional corrales (which i dont take that much away from him for because the fight was amazing), i thought casa beat him and floyd beat him x 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                And what are Tszyu's??? Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah, Miguel Gonzalez...not mind blowing either. At least Hatton beat Tszyu H2H when Tszyu was still the #1 JWW in the world and hadn't lost in years.

And Nelson was past his best to when Genaro beat him, but he'd still avenged his only recent loss against Leija and beat Gabriel Ruelas prior to fighting Genaro. He was the recognized #1 SFW when Genaro fougth him.

I'm just saying they can't get picky all of a sudden after letting in those guys. Tszyu, Corrales, Castillo, Genaro, are all borderline. Mitchell and Hatton are sort of in the same boat to me, but Hatton did beat Tszyu when he was still the #1 JWW. That's better than anything Brian Mitchell did.
                again, just because someone's in the hall, doesn't mean that everyone should get in, then we'd have to let in about 30 more fighters.

tell me hatton's next best win at 140 besides zoo? seriously, was it ben tackie, carlos maussa or mike stewart. GTFO you fool. hatton has one good win PERIOD. the rest are decent, maaaaaaaaybe you can call collazo a good win, but he won by a **** hair at best and got smacked around the last couple rounds

Comment

• Gatti's making it. You heard that right.

Genaro's also gonna get in. His good guy credits and sad death put him over, and his career was respectable too.

I expect Corrales to make it but he cuts it close. Respectable career and memorable fights. Early death might help too.

Hatton should make it off of popularity and credentials.

De La Hoya was a little to past it for this discussion. Mosley definitely too far but I expect him to get in too. Marquez was prime but at the wrong weight.

I don't expect Castillo to make it. He never had star status and the weight shenanigans don't help his cause.

But this discussion doesn't really mean anything because hof entry isn't based solely off of talent and in-ring accomplishments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                    Gatti's making it. You heard that right.

Genaro's also gonna get in. His good guy credits and sad death put him over, and his career was respectable too.

I expect Corrales to make it but he cuts it close. Respectable career and memorable fights. Early death might help too.

Hatton should make it off of popularity and credentials.

De La Hoya was a little to past it for this discussion. Mosley definitely too far but I expect him to get in too. Marquez was prime but at the wrong weight.

I don't expect Castillo to make it. He never had star status and the weight shenanigans don't help his cause.

But this discussion doesn't really mean anything because hof entry isn't based solely off of talent and in-ring accomplishments.
                    although I don't agree with all of your assessments, this is a solid post.

Comment

• One other thing. If Floyd loses to someone and wins in the rematch (or vice versa), that fighter probably will get in. (No, Castillo doesn't meet this crieterion.)

Comment

Working...
                      X