Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Hall of Fame fighters in Floyd resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    [/size]

Well by that reasoning then Hatton gets in because of his win over Tszyu.

My question to you Walt is who did Pacquiao beat that would warrant him being in the HOF?

I mean, if we are going to be critical, let's be critical across the board.

Barrera's only notable win is over Morales. If he is a future HOF'er, then Corrales is definitely a HOF'er for his fights with Castillo.

Morales' greatest win comes over Pacquiao. Take that away and he's no better than Corrales who's greatest win comes over Castillo. Does that qualify him for the HOF?

DLH doesn't count because he was drained. I'm sure we agree on that.

Hatton ... I don't know. Hatton was already contemplating retirement after Floyd. He knew he had little left to give. That's why he hired the Mayweathers to "fix" him. That was a clear cut sign. A win over Ricky at that point didn't hold any real legacy value IMO.

Cotto's only win in his career that holds any legacy value comes over Mosley. That decision, like you said earlier, was arguable. I won't attempt to devalue the win. I will only say that without it Cotto wouldn't even be a top commodity.

Clottey has never beaten a world champion in his career. He's a step above a gatekeeper, but he doesn't quite have the stuff to be a champion.

Margarito has only one noteworthy win in his entire career and that comes over Cotto. Six months later he was humiliated because his skills don't pay bills. His cement does.

Mosley is a HOF'er without a doubt. However Shane's status when Pacquiao faced him was he was dominated by one guy, and had an awkward fight against another that resulted in a draw. The timing was too convenient for a guy who's trainer openly stated that he would not let Manny fight Shane because Shane was too good.

JMM ... what can I say? The guy has shown himself to be the better boxer in three different occasions against Pacquiao. He just doesn't get the nod. The fans know it. The press writes about it. The pundits speak about it whatever medium they have access to.

To be able to receive ANY HOF glory from his three bouts with JMM, Pacquiao would have had to have been perceived as winning any of those three matches .. and not just getting the nod from the judges.

In the first match, he floored JMM 3 times. That's the last good thing you could say about Pacquiao in that match. JMM came back and took over by teaching a boxing lesson. The judges felt that the three knockdowns were too much to come back from obviously. Manny had other moments, but not enough to win many rounds outside of that insane first round.

In the second, they went toe to toe with JMM in most opinions getting the better of Manny more so than in the first. He definitely outboxed Manny, but again the knockdown kept Manny relevant enough to get the nod from the judges.

In the third ... forget about it. Manny got taught a complete boxing lesson. JMM didn't run. He didn't hide. He fought 12 rounds. Manny was just upset because JMM didn't fight like a Mexican and hit and moved in favor of standing and trading. JMM showed that he could take all of Manny's weapons away and not have to stay on his bicycle like Mosley did simply by moving to the side after counterpunching.

Manny may have fought JMM three times, but he certainly NEVER beat him once. Just because a judge gives you the nod doesn't mean that fans are dumb, deaf and blind. Pacquiao didn't get in the face with a water bottle because he won. The world has chimed in and Pacquiao has been found wanting my man.

So if you're going to say that Manny is a HOF because of his wins over Barrera and Morales, then you've got to recalibrate your list of who is getting in the HOF. Manny certainly better not get in because of ANYTHING he did at WW or jrMW.

We may not always agree on everything Walt, but you know like I know that weight manipulation along with targeting 6 different fighters who were coming off career losses and minor tune ups makes Manny's campaign at WW and jrMW entertaining but not HOF or ATG worthy.

Manny looked like a gladiator in those fights, but the tactics used@ WW & jrMW rendered any legacy-defining value obsolete in those 2 divisions.

This is not trashing Manny Pacquiao as a fighter. This applying the same distinction that you have across the board.

I look forward to your reply.
    Wha? Barrera beat Hamed, Tapia, Morales twice, Kelly, Juarez, Mckinney

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      Wha? Barrera beat Hamed, Tapia, Morales twice, Kelly, Juarez
      Did he go on to say something about Barrera? Because, I stopped reading after the first damn line.

How does if Cotto beats Floyd he is in...To well Hatton should get in because he beat Tzsyu. It's not quite the same, not similar situation at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        Did he go on to say something about Barrera? Because, I stopped reading after the first damn line.

How does if Cotto beats Floyd he is in...To well Hatton should get in because he beat Tzsyu. It's not quite the same, not similar situation at all.
        ADP02 would be proud.

Comment

• when floyd got a Q, this happens lol.....

Comment

[/size]

My question to you Walt is who did Pacquiao beat that would warrant him being in the HOF?

Barrera's only notable win is over Morales. If he is a future HOF'er, then Corrales is definitely a HOF'er for his fights with Castillo.

Morales' greatest win comes over Pacquiao. Take that away and he's no better than Corrales who's greatest win comes over Castillo. Does that qualify him for the HOF?

Hatton ... I don't know. Hatton was already contemplating retirement after Floyd. He knew he had little left to give. That's why he hired the Mayweathers to "fix" him. That was a clear cut sign. A win over Ricky at that point didn't hold any real legacy value IMO.

Cotto's only win in his career that holds any legacy value comes over Mosley. That decision, like you said earlier, was arguable. I won't attempt to devalue the win. I will only say that without it Cotto wouldn't even be a top commodity.

Clottey has never beaten a world champion in his career. He's a step above a gatekeeper, but he doesn't quite have the stuff to be a champion.

Margarito has only one noteworthy win in his entire career and that comes over Cotto. Six months later he was humiliated because his skills don't pay bills. His cement does.

Mosley is a HOF'er without a doubt. However Shane's status when Pacquiao faced him was he was dominated by one guy, and had an awkward fight against another that resulted in a draw. The timing was too convenient for a guy who's trainer openly stated that he would not let Manny fight Shane because Shane was too good.

JMM ... what can I say? The guy has shown himself to be the better boxer in three different occasions against Pacquiao. He just doesn't get the nod. The fans know it. The press writes about it. The pundits speak about it whatever medium they have access to.

To be able to receive ANY HOF glory from his three bouts with JMM, Pacquiao would have had to have been perceived as winning any of those three matches .. and not just getting the nod from the judges.

In the first match, he floored JMM 3 times. That's the last good thing you could say about Pacquiao in that match. JMM came back and took over by teaching a boxing lesson. The judges felt that the three knockdowns were too much to come back from obviously. Manny had other moments, but not enough to win many rounds outside of that insane first round.

In the second, they went toe to toe with JMM in most opinions getting the better of Manny more so than in the first. He definitely outboxed Manny, but again the knockdown kept Manny relevant enough to get the nod from the judges.

In the third ... forget about it. Manny got taught a complete boxing lesson. JMM didn't run. He didn't hide. He fought 12 rounds. Manny was just upset because JMM didn't fight like a Mexican and hit and moved in favor of standing and trading. JMM showed that he could take all of Manny's weapons away and not have to stay on his bicycle like Mosley did simply by moving to the side after counterpunching.

Manny may have fought JMM three times, but he certainly NEVER beat him once. Just because a judge gives you the nod doesn't mean that fans are dumb, deaf and blind. Pacquiao didn't get in the face with a water bottle because he won. The world has chimed in and Pacquiao has been found wanting my man.

So if you're going to say that Manny is a HOF because of his wins over Barrera and Morales, then you've got to recalibrate your list of who is getting in the HOF. Manny certainly better not get in because of ANYTHING he did at WW or jrMW.

We may not always agree on everything Walt, but you know like I know that weight manipulation along with targeting 6 different fighters who were coming off career losses and minor tune ups makes Manny's campaign at WW and jrMW entertaining but not HOF or ATG worthy.

Manny looked like a gladiator in those fights, but the tactics used@ WW & jrMW rendered any legacy-defining value obsolete in those 2 divisions.

This is not trashing Manny Pacquiao as a fighter. This applying the same distinction that you have across the board.

Even if you hated Pacquiao to the max please stop discrediting other fighter achievements for the sake of hating.

Comment

• Originally posted by straightleft View Post
              Even if you hated Pacquiao to the max please stop discrediting other fighter achievements for the sake of hating.
              Pot. Kettle. Black.

Comment

[/size]

My question to you Walt is who did Pacquiao beat that would warrant him being in the HOF

Morales' greatest win comes over Pacquiao.
                Take that away and he's no better than Corrales who's greatest win comes over Castillo. Does that qualify him for the HOF?

We may not always agree on everything Walt, but you know like I know that weight manipulation along with targeting 6 different fighters who were coming off career losses and minor tune ups makes Manny's campaign at WW and jrMW entertaining but not HOF or ATG worthy. Manny looked like a gladiator in those fights, but the tactics used@ WW & jrMW rendered any legacy-defining value obsolete in those 2 divisions.

listen, hatton vs manny's resume even with the win over zoo, which was a good win AT BEST b/c of reasons I mentioned before is not even a subject of discussion. hattons resume is garbage and i dont expect to have to dissect the zoo win

as far as the first bold, we can't get anywhere as long as you actually believe that barrera and morales' only notable wins are barrera over morales and morales over pac.

anyway, I think pac and floyd sealed their HOF credentials before they got to 140-147.

and i think jmm-pac 1 was a draw and pac won the second fight and that one's not arguable IMO. Manny was clearly outboxed in the first fight after the second round. not so in the second fight at all. they fought on even terms and manny dropped him. so that's another hof type win vs a prime fighter at his best weight. the third, was blown out of proportion, jmm didn't do enough and I gave it to manny, but i can see a 1-2 point win for either guy.

manny has basically been bullshi ttin since he fought over 140 and floyd has been bullshi tting since 140. as far as the second bold, i agree except i give pac some credit for the cotto win.

morales, barrera and jmm=enough to be an atg. morales is a badass mofo period. i think all those wins trump all floyd's wins except maybe castillo x 2.

floyd and manny stroll striaght in to the hof......as far as atg status goes, I have them VERY close at this point because of how lame their last couple of years have been. they no longer challenge themselves and I dont respect that as far as atg status goes. manny in particular has lost a LOT of the shine I thought he earned

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                  I stopped reading right there...WTF?

Hahaha .. thanks.

You saved me some time from having to clown you tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    Pot. Kettle. Black.

Hahahahahahaha

Comment

Hahaha .. thanks.

You saved me some time from having to clown you tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X