Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hell is this bubble, boxingscene posters are in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Of course, not to say Floyd isn't going to beat Cotto, but I don't see him physically dominating Cotto at all. He understands that Cotto DOES have the handspeed and power to counter eventually. Only way I see any type of punishment happening is if Floyd catches him with something Cotto doesn't see and Cotto is on skates. Then Floyd will go to work with combos, but it will be one sequence. Not something that will be drawn out through out the fight.
    Your post from October 2009

I agree, Pac and May may not have that one punch KO power at WW against bigger WW's, but they have enough to systematically break Cotto down and stop him. Speed + Decent Power = stoppage.

Comment

Mayweather is going to land at will. He won't one punch KO Miguel. But it will be ugly. I got a late stoppage (like I've been saying since 2009).

Comment

Kinda agree with the TS here even though I don't see how Cotto would/could get the W, Mayweather isn't invisible non is he younger, At 35 Mayweather also would start feeling the effects on age and been in a competitive fight with a live opponent, I just don't want zero excuses after Mayweather beats Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
          Truly Owned here!!! As usual 2501 on the balls puts his foot in his mouth again.

Comment

I never said Mayweather won't stop him. In fact, I stated that Floyd could find him with a shot that Cotto doesn't see and go to work. Breaking down a fighter doesn't necessarily mean the opponent is being beaten to a pulp. Margarito and Pacquiao are all about breaking down their opponents physically where as Mayweather is mostly about breaking down their opponents mentally.

Mayweather does it all with his speed. He gives no signal as to when he's going to throw a punch and he throws hard enough to get his opponent's attention. This is why his opponents have low offensive percentages because they lose confidence in their strengths.

Floyd will not do what Pacquiao and Margarito did. Floyd does not fight like that. He would never leave himself open to Cotto. He COULD stop Cotto, but it is NOT going to be a one sided mutilation.

Comment

Another thing is Mayweather doesnt need to have 1 punch KO power to knock you out, I remember the Hatton pre-fight, How 90% of my fellow ******ed Brit use to say " If anyone is getting KO it's Mayweather not Hatton"

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Truly Owned here!!! As usual 2501 on the balls puts his foot in his mouth again.
                of course you'd think that'd be an ownage. you don't know how to read for ****.

Comment

I never said Mayweather won't stop him. In fact, I stated that Floyd could find him with a shot that Cotto doesn't see and go to work. Breaking down a fighter doesn't necessarily mean the opponent is being beaten to a pulp. Margarito and Pacquiao are all about breaking down their opponents physically where as Mayweather is mostly about breaking down their opponents mentally.
                  They broke Cotto down in 08 and 09. It's not like Cotto is rejuvenated 3-4 years later and he's facing the more accurate and best fighter in the game. Cotto will be broken down physically (as well as mentally because we've seen that from Miguel before).

Mayweather does it all with his speed. He gives no signal as to when he's going to throw a punch and he throws hard enough to get his opponent's attention. This is why his opponents have low offensive percentages because they lose confidence in their strengths.
                  Right. One of the reasons I have Miguel getting stopped late. It's happened before and he will be hit more accurately against Mayweather.

Floyd will not do what Pacquiao and Margarito did. Floyd does not fight like that. He would never leave himself open to Cotto. He COULD stop Cotto, but it is NOT going to be a one sided mutilation.
                  Just because he doesn't fight like Manny and Tony doesn't mean he won't stop Cotto. Floyd will touch Cotto at ease, man. At ease. Once he gets going and makes Miguel miss, he will break Cotto down. Cotto is TOO easy to hit. It will be a one sided fight. It won't be competitive. He will back Cotto up and stop him in the later rounds, something like 8, 9, or 10.

Comment

Just because he doesn't fight like Manny and Tony doesn't mean he won't stop Cotto. Floyd will touch Cotto at ease, man. At ease. Once he gets going and makes Miguel miss, he will break Cotto down. Cotto is TOO easy to hit. It will be a one sided fight. It won't be competitive. He will back Cotto up and stop him in the later rounds, something like 8, 9, or 10.
                    Again, bro, WHERE did I ever say he wouldn't stop Cotto?

Comment

Again, bro, WHERE did I ever say he wouldn't stop Cotto?
                      I was just responding to your post, my dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X