Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito - Cotto II, bad/early stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have love to see that beating continue.

Comment

Going into the fight, alot of eyes were on the nysac and margarito's eye, especially considering the drama with the nysac being basically forced to give margarito a license because he applied super late. I think if he would applied for his license earlier, and didnt create all that drama, they might/probably would have let him continue.

With that said, the stoppage didnt really make a difference imo. Cotto was a man on a mission, and wasnt getting beat up like he did the first fight. There is nothing to suggest margarito would have beat cotto down going into the championship rounds. Cotto was effectively controlling margarito, landing the harder cleaner shots. Lettuce be real, margarito is 1-3 since his plaster was taken away, 1 win against a scrub and three beatdowns.

Comment

I'm not a doctor, and neither is any one else in here as far as I know, but from my point of view it was a bad stoppage. They let Pacquiao beat Margarito up for longer and IMO it was worse, skin flapping around in the slow motion replay and stuff. Disgusting.

In the Cotto rematch, it looked like any other fighter who swells badly. And it's not like Margarito was getting wiped out[on the cards he was, but I mean getting beat up badly, he was just getting outboxed] like in the Mosley or Pacquiao fights, he was actually getting his hits in on Cotto. In the final round, he out landed and out threw Cotto, it was also statistically his best round with the power punches I think.

With all that said, Margarito was on his way to losing a wide UD. So it doesn't really matter. But I guess we have to take in to account that they were probably looking to **** Margarito in the a*s here in New York to retaliate for what they think he did to Cotto in the first fight, and for what he attempted to do to Mosley. I do not pity Margarito at all, and I don't care about this fight or about the stoppage, but I thought Margarito was actually landing better power punches when the fight was stopped. He definitely looked a lot better in the 9th round against Cotto than in the 9th round against Mosley and Pacquiao.

Comment

I thought it was fair. Cotto was winning that fight anyway you want to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
            agreed......and lets keep in mind that this was a shot margo who was doing this to cotto
            And an idiot bites on the troll, the sad part is that unlike Maniac you truly believe it.

I wish it would have gone on Cotto was standing his ground and really loading up on his shots while Cheato was pitty pawing with his.

Comment

Of course it was an early stoppage.

But we all shoulda known that was gonna happen.

New York weren't prepared to see what might happen to Cotto in those last 9 minutes.

Comment

Cotto had one job that night and it was to damage Margaritos eye.
                That night we didn't see Cotto the boxer it was Cotto the fighter.
                Mission Accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Of course it was an early stoppage.

But we all shoulda known that was gonna happen.

New York weren't prepared to see what might happen to Cotto in those last 9 minutes.
                  LOL another of the butthurt putas.

I wish they wouldn't have stopped it, it would have been enjoyable to see 9 more minutes of Cheato getting raped and in the process doing causing even more damage to that eye.

Comment

to me it was a good stopage i would of love if they just let the fight continue to see more damage on margarito but they stop plus cotto was dominating the whole fight from start to the 10 round margarito dint have a chance he did had his chance during the fight but his punches for some reason did not have the same impact they had in the first fight even during the second fight cotto went toe to toe with margarito and his punches did nothing to cotto. margarito had his chance but cotto came in well prepare he never let himself on the ropes his defense was way better than the first fight and his movement was awesome from side to side moving his head etc... even his stamina was a lot better he moved around got in trow a combination get out counter punch etc..... real good plan from cottos team!!!Give the men his credit and stop hating on him men its just clear as water he was the better man that night that came in well prepare and follow his game plan to achieve his victory and show the heart of a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      ....it was exactly like the first

Cotto got a gift period
                      How was it like the first fight? Margarita only won 1 round and you can argue that he won zero rounds. One of Cottos best rounds was the 9th, to say the tieds were turning makes you people look like idiots. This fight clearly wasnt going like the first fight and it was a good stop by the dictors to save margaritas eye from being even worse then it was. Get over it, margarita is 't shlt without wraps.

Comment

Working...
                      X