Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito - Cotto II, bad/early stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Margarito would've stopped Cotto again in the 11th or 12th.

Cotto got a gift by the Doctor.. also Pacquiao should've gotten another W for that win. He's the one that did 95% of the damage. All Cotto did was show up to rob Margarito
    lol, I could see this happening

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Margarito would've stopped Cotto again in the 11th or 12th.

Cotto got a gift by the Doctor.. also Pacquiao should've gotten another W for that win. He's the one that did 95% of the damage. All Cotto did was show up to rob Margarito
      agreed......and lets keep in mind that this was a shot margo who was doing this to cotto

Comment

I don't think Marg stood much of a chance to win but I don't think it should have been stopped. Even though I didn't see Marg having much of a chance to win, there was still plenty of time left that something could have happened, could turned the fight around. The reason they stopped it was kinda dumb I though. Basically they stopped it because of damage that was done to it in the Pac fight. If they were so worried about the damage then they shouldn't allowed the fight to happen in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi007 View Post
          I don't think Marg stood much of a chance to win but I don't think it should have been stopped. Even though I didn't see Marg having much of a chance to win, there was still plenty of time left that something could have happened, could turned the fight around. The reason they stopped it was kinda dumb I though. Basically they stopped it because of damage that was done to it in the Pac fight. If they were so worried about the damage then they shouldn't allowed the fight to happen in the first place.
          Bam right on target.

They're basically saying, "well Tony, unfortunately due to Pacquiao's illegal wrap stacking and basically busting your eye, you can no longer box, well you can, but we will stop it as soon as your eye starts to swell."

God forbid his other eye ever swells in a fight and they don't even stop it because it's "the good eye". Dumb logic.

Comment

In my opinion it was alright for the ref to stop it. They had warned him earlier that if he continued to sustain damage to the eye, they would stop it. His dumbass rather then cover up or try to block the shots coming towards his eye kept pressing forward with his hands low and his chin out.

I wish the fight would have kept going, however.. I can't get enough of watching Margarito get his ass beat and it would've been 3 more rounds of enjoyment.

Comment

Oh and Margarito did a little better in that round.. but didn't hurt Cotto at all and Cotto didn't show any signs of wear. There wasn't a moment in the fight where I felt the tied was turning.

Comment

Bs stoppage, the Dr. asked how many fingers he could see and he gave the correct answer... they stopped it anyway favoring the local (sort of) fighter.

Comment

Cotto and his fans thinking that was a good win ...

are deluding themselves... the fight that mattered happened in 2008

Comment

Sure, it was reasonable. But, it was immensely disappointing. Didn't really satisfy the craving for revenge nor did it give Marg the chance to repeat his previous come-from-behind. Everyone lost.

Comment

The previous injury was not just an injury. It was an injury that ends careers. The eye sustained massive damage again, that's why the fight was stopped. But dont forget he almost never made it to the ring to begin with. He got his chance & got soundly handled.

LOL @ Maniac's woulda ko'd him in the 11th or 12th. The fight was nothing like the 1st. Move on.

Comment

Working...
                      X