Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Could Prime David Tua beat EVERYONE that the KBros FOUGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuseward View Post
    He won and won clearly. They knew they hadn't won, they barely touched Chris. The list of fighters and teams that celebrated after a clear loss is endless. Regardless of the shape of Moorer at the time of the Tua fight, it was Tua's best win, only Tua's win over Ruiz could even be argued to be a better win.
    what about maskaev or rahman? when he beat rahman he got his shot at lennox then showed up fat. i don't think beating a done moorer was hi best at all. rahman & maskaev were in great shape & at their best.he was losing both fights & pulled it out although rahman got shafted when tua hit him after the bell & it was stopped prematurely but those were way bigger wins then beating a done moorer
    Last edited by joe strong; 03-22-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      He did beat Jimmy Ellis, Joe Bugner, Ken Norton, and Jimmy Young though. Those are better than any wins that someone like Samuel Peter or Chris Arreola have.
      They aren't better, they are just names you know from an era when boxing and the heavyweights in particular were household names.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
        Byrd was KOd silly by Ike, while Tua gave Ike the fight of his life.

Prime Tua > ANyone klits ever beat
        Tua lost to both Byrd and Ike. Looks like Tua has the loosing part down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
          I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing putting him in with names like Ali, Frazier, Holmes, even Norton.
          I was just mentioning names in that era of top fighters. And I meant to put Bob Foster instead of Mac Foster obviously. Same last name, get confused sometimes when typing, my bad.

Top Tier Contenders in the 7's were guys like Oscar Bonavena, Bob Foster, Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers, Ron Lyle, Joe Bugner, Jimmy Young, Jimmy Ellis, and others. I just can't see Samuel Peter, Chris Arreola, or Calvin Brock being Top Tier contenders in that era. The Early 80's when Larry was the HW champ, yes. They'd be Top contenders in that era, or at least very good ones. The Late 80's and mid 80's, they'd be contenders. But, I don't even see them beating Michael Spinks, Tony Tucker, Tony Tubbs, Frank Bruno, or Tyrell Biggs. And in the 90's, they'd be journeymen just like they would be in the 70's.

I'm not taking ANYTHING anyway from the Klitschko's. I have said time and time again, H2H, they'd be in the Top 10 no doubt. I think they'd beat everyone prior to the 60's with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by stuseward View Post
            They aren't better, they are just names you know from an era when boxing and the heavyweights in particular were household names.
            Wait.....so Shavers beating Norton, Ellis, Young, and Bugner, isn't better than Peter beating Jeremy Williams, Taurus Sykes, or Jameel McCline??? Or those wins for Shavers aren't better than Arreola beating Damian Wills, Chazz Witherspoon, Travis Walker, Jameel McCline, or Brian Minto???

Get the f**k outta here.

If you put Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers, and Ron Lyle in todays era, they'd easily be the toughest fights for the Klitschko's. I'd still favor the Klitschko's over them no doubt, but they'd easily beat everyone else the Klitschko's have fought.

Comment

tua beats 95% of klitschko opponents...

Comment

Wait.....so Shavers beating Norton, Ellis, Young, and Bugner, isn't better than Peter beating Jeremy Williams, Taurus Sykes, or Jameel McCline??? Or those wins for Shavers aren't better than Arreola beating Damian Wills, Chazz Witherspoon, Travis Walker, Jameel McCline, or Brian Minto???

Get the f**k outta here.

If you put Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers, and Ron Lyle in todays era, they'd easily be the toughest fights for the Klitschko's. I'd still favor the Klitschko's over them no doubt, but they'd easily beat everyone else the Klitschko's have fought.
                Peter also beat Toney twice, Maskaev and McCline (who was a solid contender with a dangerous punch, as Peter found out...) And like I said above he gave Wlad one of his toughest fights ever, more than can be said of Arreola who's a glorified clubfighter if ever I've seen one.

Watch Peter vs Toney in their second fight. He's really not as bad as people like to make out.

Comment

Get the f**k outta here.

BIG RESPECT TO THE KBROS. BUT I DUNO IF WLAD could have survived just one Ernie Punch. The punch that took down Prime Larry Holmes would have killed Wlad.

Ernie had a massive chin, and he only need to land one punch on wlad to comatose him.

The punches Ali and Holmes took from Shavers will seriously have ended wladimir's life

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                    Peter also beat Toney twice, Maskaev and McCline (who was a solid contender with a dangerous punch, as Peter found out...) And like I said above he gave Wlad one of his toughest fights ever, more than can be said of Arreola who's a glorified clubfighter if ever I've seen one.

Watch Peter vs Toney in their second fight. He's really not as bad as people like to make out.
                    He beat Toney in 2006, when James was 38 years old. I don't really credit that win at all. Same goes for Tyson beating Holmes, Holmes beating Ali, and Lewis beating Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                      Tua lost to both Byrd and Ike. Looks like Tua has the loosing part down pat.
                      The only thing "loosing" was Byrd's bowels when Ike Knocked him the **** out. Uncontrollably drooling from the mouth like a baby.

Tua has never been KOd.

Comment

Working...
                      X