Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Could Prime David Tua beat EVERYONE that the KBros FOUGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    whooped his ass...lol! i own that fight & was around in the 90s when that fight happened. joe goosen & tua's team thought they won the fight. by no means was in dominating...lol! are you going by reading boxing rec? second of all moorer was past his best & not in very good shape when tua crushed him. teddy atlas told moorer he should not take the fight & should retire...atlas was not training him then but he called it
    He won and won clearly. They knew they hadn't won, they barely touched Chris. The list of fighters and teams that celebrated after a clear loss is endless. Regardless of the shape of Moorer at the time of the Tua fight, it was Tua's best win, only Tua's win over Ruiz could even be argued to be a better win.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      You think Samuel Peter, Calvin Brock, Chirs Arreola, and the others, aside from Haye and Byrd probably, would have been Top Tier HW's in era's with Ali, Lyle, Norton, Foreman, M. Foster, and Shavers??? Holmes' era in the late 7's and early 80's, they would have been alright. They could have been in there with Berbick, Tunney, and others from Holmes' era. But, even Tyson's era, I don't see those guys beating Tucker, Biggs, Bruno, and Spinks. They would have been alright HW's in Tyson's era though. But, they wouldn't have been anything in the Bowe-Holyfield-Lewis era's. Ruddock, Botha, Golota, Tua, Morrison, and Dokes are better than Peter, Brock, Arreola, etc.
      Why do people always mention Shavers like he was some great? Guy got beaten by club fighters. He had a punch and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
        Byrd was KOd silly by Ike, while Tua gave Ike the fight of his life.

Prime Tua > ANyone klits ever beat
        Chris Byrd beat David Tua.

You fail.

Comment

Originally posted by stuseward View Post
          First off, who the hell is M. Foster? Do you mean Bob Foster or Michael Spinks? Either way, yes, those guys would have been contenders in the 70's. They wouldn't have beaten the best, but they can't beat the best now either.
          I mean't Bob Foster, that was an honest mistake. They were around during the same, same last name, short first names, it was an honest mistake. I don't think they would have been Top Tier Contenders in the 70's, or 90's. The Early 80's, probably. The Late and Mid 80's, contenders but not top tier.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
            Why do people always mention Shavers like he was some great? Guy got beaten by club fighters. He had a punch and that was it.
            Because they've never seen him fight.

Comment

lol @ the poll picks

Comment

First off, who the hell is M. Foster? Do you mean Bob Foster or Michael Spinks? Either way, yes, those guys would have been contenders in the 70's. They wouldn't have beaten the best, but they can't beat the best now either.
                M. Foster = Mac Foster, another big hitting but not especially excellent boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                  He did beat Jimmy Ellis, Joe Bugner, Ken Norton, and Jimmy Young though. Those are better than any wins that someone like Samuel Peter or Chris Arreola have.

Comment

Wlad wiped the floor with Chris Byrd, twice. Chris dominated Tua. Thread fail.

Go watch the sport a bit before you post about.

Guy had no idea of it. Atleast do a boxrec check if you are a noob before you spout nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                      He did beat Jimmy Ellis, Joe Bugner, Ken Norton, and Jimmy Young though. Those are better than any wins that someone like Samuel Peter or Chris Arreola have.
                      I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing putting him in with names like Ali, Frazier, Holmes, even Norton.

Just as an aside, I don't consider Peter's resume to be all that bad actually. He beat Toney twice, KOed a still dangerous Maskaev, and gave Wlad one of his toughest fights ever. Not exactly ATG material, but a level above Arreola, whom he's always paired with for some reason.
                      Last edited by nomadman; 03-22-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X