No announcement yet.

True or False? Mayweather has fought the #1 Guy At Every Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    What do you mean Hatton landed it instead of Mayweather? So Tyszu turned down Mayweather?

Uh no, Mayweather chose to go after Gatti because why fight Tsyzu when you can fight Gatti for more money. And oh Gatti is a shopworn face first brawler btw.
    The same month Floyd destroyed Gatti, Tszyu was stopped by Hatton and then retired.

Floyd did call out Tszyu BTW, after he beat Bruseles on HBO.

But "Why fight Mayweather when you can fight Hatton for more money".

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      He has fought "champions" in each division. Whether they were actually "the best" is up for debate.
      Mosley was the best champ at 147 when Floyd fought him
      Cotto the best champ at 154 and they are fighting.
      Castillo the best champ at 135
      Hernandez then Corrales were the best chammps at 130.

Not really up for debate.

Comment

Tsyzu sold his title for £4M in manchester in a mauling/wrestling fest with Hatton personal referee/uncle in the ring with them, Tsyzu promptly retire on that money and who could blame him, Anyone thinking Mayweather could have fought him knows zero and boxing!!!

I challenge anyone to tell me when Mayweather could have fought Tsyzu...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Tsyzu sold his title for £4M in manchester in a mauling/wrestling fest with Hatton personal referee/uncle in the ring with them, Tsyzu promptly retire on that money and who could blame him, Anyone thinking Mayweather could have fought him knows zero and boxing!!!

I challenge anyone to tell me when Mayweather could have fought Tsyzu...
          Nothing but truth in this post.

Especially with all of Tzyu's layoffs and Floyd being a nobody at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            Nothing but truth in this post.

Especially with all of Tzyu's layoffs and Floyd being a nobody at that point.

Well you have to educate some of these casual fans sometimes.

Comment

Kostya Tzyu

But I guess he ducked Floyd too. Everyone ducked him
              BoxingScene: What is your goal after the Gatti fight?

Mayweather: I want either Tszyu or De La Hoya. I'll fight anybody out there that makes sense, but Tszyu and De La Hoya are the fights I want. I've been calling them out before I even came to 140, De La Hoya is coming down to 147 and I'll willing go to 147 to make it happen. Tszyu got a big fight with Hatton, Tszyu will beat Hatton and we should fight to settle who the best fighter is at 140 pounds.

http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingsce...interview--909

Comment

The only division where Floyd didn't defeat the #1 fighter was 140 and that was Kostya Tszyu. Tszyu asked for a 60/40 split in his favor and lost out. In his next fight Ricky Hatton defeated him.

In EVERY OTHER DIVISION where Floyd was campaigning to be champion Floyd fought the #1 fighter.

I don't know what DelaHoya's rank was when he faced Floyd, but that match wasn't about rank. Floyd wanted to beat DLH for YEARS because he wanted to prove that his father's prized pupil after him was no match for him.

LOL@Pacquiao being #1 at WW. He never fought a #1, 2 or 3 at WW to become #1. Pacquiao didn't even fight a top 10 at jrMW.

Get real.

Between vacant titles and targeting guys who have been recently dethroned, Pacquiao hasn't been interested in facing #1s for years.

Comment

Kostya Tzyu

But I guess he ducked Floyd too. Everyone ducked him
                  But obviously, Kosta Tszyu wasn't an available fight at that particular time.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    Mosley was ranked #1 and the champion when Floyd came back from retirement.
                    Didn't Manny duck this version of Mosley cause he(Mosley) was too good even at a Manny catchweight!! Mosley was number 1 at this time above Manny at 147.
                    Last edited by littlemac; 03-21-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                      Didn't Manny duck this version of Mosley cause he was too good even at a Manny catchweight!! Mosley was number 1 at this time above Manny at 147.
                      Yes, yes Pacquiao did do the ol' duck n' roll in 2009.

Comment

Working...
                      X